Code of Conduct

Default SOTD: Tuesday 13th November 2012

Morning fragrant ones,

It's cold and very wet up here

I've decided to go with L'Instant de Guerlain Extreme. Yummy!

Hope everyone has a lovely day

Default Re: SOTD: Tuesday 13th November 2012

Good morning..

Zino

Morning all,

Wearing the fresh, dewy Sa Majesté la Rose today. Even managed to coordinate with my Pen Ink of the Day, which is the beautiful Moroccan Rose (by Noodler's Inks).

Best to everyone.

Bulgari Black today.

Hope all are well.

Good morning everyone. I took a notion as soon as my eyes were open to dip into my little tray of Histoires De Parfums samples. So, 1725 (Casanova). The most wonderful citrus/lavender/anise/beeswaxy/amber vanilla. Old furniture polish!! Lovely.

A long dental procedure today so after showering it will be just some Cologne, not sure which yet. Actualaaaaaay, some Blenheim Bouquet, from a tiny bottle I have!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Jaipur Homme

Hi everyone.

Wearing Dzing! today.

My my how I love it. And its been a while too. There was enough of a gap for me to call it a rekindling experience.

I forgot how animalic yet domesticated it is at the same time. As if a farmer walked into a parlor at a posh hotel.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    Hi everyone.

Wearing Dzing! today.

My my how I love it. And its been a while too. There was enough of a gap for me to call it a rekindling experience.

I forgot how animalic yet domesticated it is at the same time. As if a farmer walked into a parlor at a posh hotel.
    Ha Ha! Great description! It is lovely when you rediscover an old favourite.

.................................................. ....
    Eau Lente

Basenotes Institution

Up early, I have a Sales Meeting at the office and all of my realtors will be in the office at the same time, always a maddening experience. So it's something powerful & comforting:

Egoiste by Chanel

"You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

SOTD: Von Eusersdorff Classic Patchouli. This is rapidly becoming my "got-to" patch. Woody, earthy and with a delightfully smooth ambery drydown. Loving this stuff every day more and more...

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Thumbs up Re: SOTD: Tuesday 13th November 2012

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Hello all.

Cuir Mauresque
    DONNA

Basenotes Plus

SOTD is Dior Dolce Vita. Best to all!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Blog Entries

SotD - Silver Mountain Water by Creed

Hello everyone!

I'm in vintage Safari this morning, one of my absolute favorite Dominique Ropion creations, right up there with Portrait of a Lady, Ysatis and Euphoria ...he just has such a knack for bodacious, gorgeous drama.

Y'all have a great day!

Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Pacifica Persian Rose, one of them cases -- why don't I wear it more often?

Good morning everyone! Today I'm wearing Pure Oud by Kilian.

Basenotes Plus

Good morning!

It's cold this morning, only 13 degrees, but the sun is out and it's suppose
    to warm up a little today. Hopefully all our ice from the weekend will melt.

Hugs and to Twolf & Kalli.

My SotD is Mona di Orio Les Nombres d'Or Ambre.

Have a great day!

Foustie; the only part that I liked about going to the dentist was the laughing gas. Do they even offer it in the UK? I haven't a clue. Anyway, wear lots of cologne to distract yourself

Quote Originally Posted by Foustie View Post
    Good morning everyone. I took a notion as soon as my eyes were open to dip into my little tray of Histoires De Parfums samples. So, 1725 (Casanova). The most wonderful citrus/lavender/anise/beeswaxy/amber vanilla. Old furniture polish!! Lovely.

A long dental procedure today so after showering it will be just some Cologne, not sure which yet. Actualaaaaaay, some Blenheim Bouquet, from a tiny bottle I have!
    - - - Updated - - -

Hello. Another hectic day.

SOTD is Tubereuse Criminelle... it's twisted and fun!

Satiric Dancer by André Kertész.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by easyfish View Post
    Good morning..

Zino
    Great image, easyfish! And the scent, of course
    Do happy

Everyone smells wonderful today! Especially you two, Evangeline and Twolf!

(((Foustie))), no fun! Poor gel, I hope your procedure goes absolutely perfectly, with as little pain as possible.

I smell pretty darned good today, too- I'm starting on Whitefluffy's HdP tuberose pass; wearing Tubereuse 1 La Capricieuse. Loving this one so far, looks like it will be a tough act for the others to follow.

Thank you all again for your sweet words and beautiful pics yesterday, I truly loved them all! Had a great day and my BN family helped make it so. The kindest and classiest of people gather here!
    The nose wants what it wants!

Taj by Montale

Today I'm scent-tin with Tdem in Dolce Vita.

Basenotes Plus

Annick Goutal all the way baby! All three Orientalists for me today.

Celebrated my postie milestone with a purchase of Eau de Sud & Matins orange-y thingie body cream.

Running out to make Meals on Wheels deliveries this morning.

Seeeee yaaaaaa.............

Beep, Beep
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Ooooh, Foustie, I just got a reminder email from my dentist to make an appointment for a checkup. Good luck today. Also, I love HdP 1725. You sent me a set of samples and I so enjoyed trying those. 1725 is brilliant.

Easyfish, I like your pic today, too.

I haven't chosen a SotD yet. It's rainy and chilly and I can't decide. Maybe some kind of layering experiment with rose, inspired by....

Gandhajala, I love the idea of Ink of the Day! I may start using a fountain pen again. I have an old one somewhere. Your roses sound lovely today. I was at the botanical gardens yesterday, sniffing away at the last of the roses. Each one has its own scent. I really enjoy that.

Love to you all.

E., that's one stunning picture of a Voilette de Madame. Do you know who was posing for this shot? I want to look like this when I grow up. Do you?

Thanks for the hugs. Baking bread, -6C outside.

Hugs back...wearing overly loud Chanel Chance. I think it's pretty loud anyway..imo.
    $25 or less clearance sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/390...othing-over-25!!

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." Rom. 8:18

Basenotes Plus

Congrats, RHM for reaching 3,000 posts!

Yay to RHM for her prolific posting !!!!

I'm in Dior Hypnotic Poison today. So dreamy and smooth.

Enjoy !
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

Congratulations, RHM! It'll take me a decade to reach 3,000 at the rate I'm going.

LadyM, as usual, fantastic photo and pairing with the twisted Tubereuse Criminelle. Brava!

Good luck, Foustie. May you feel as little as possible. You'll smell wonderful, though.

I'm house twins with PerfumedLady and momentary house twins with Foustie in HdP Ambre 114.

Lordy, I had my Holy Trinity of Ambers all set (Ambre Sultan, Ambre Russe, and Amber Absolute). It looks like I'll have to expand that to ... hmmm ... what is both superlative and focused on 4 ...? How about the Cardinal Ambers? (After the cardinal directions?)

In any event, I love Ambre 114 more and more with every wearing. This (along with Mazzolari Patchouly) may be my next full-bottle purchase.

Blog Entries

SOTD: Notre Cedre Flore by L'Occitane.

bleu autumn haze

I'm enjoying my day off today wearing Bond Andy Warhol. I love this plum and incense combo!

Have a great day, everyone!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Chanel no19
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Scented ink, farmers in posh pad parlors, the Roadrunner (beep-beep) -- how could I not love the likes of you folks!?!

Hugs to dental-bound Foustie and all those who need a pick-me-up.

I missed the big day,
    but I'd still like to celebrate your birthday,
    PerfumeLady!

In honor of your birthday, I've bought myself a present (the orange one). I think I might be on my way to adding bag-a-nista to my perfumista credentials.

I'm wearing Ineke's Hothouse Flower in order to make humble proclamations about it within Kalli's dedicated thread.
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Blog Entries

Congrats to RHM on 3000 posts!

Running off to do errands.

Dependent

Sote: rive gauche pour homme (vintage) by YSL

Basenotes Plus

Thanks everyone!

The forum has changed A LOT since I joined in October 2005. So happy to have my online family to "visit".

The Orientialists were too shouty this morning, so I substituted Annick Goutal Eau de Sud (which I adore) instead.

Mandragore for later this afternoon and work.
    Last edited by RHM; 13th November 2012 at 05:33 PM.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Wow! Congratulations RHM! Well done. Wishing you many many more!

Well guys. Look away if you are squeamish.

Yeah. So. Implant Surgery, yeah. Not the most fun I have had of an afternoon. Especially since the big bony gourd that is your cranium works like an amplifier when your dental surgeon is drilling into bone. Dying for a hot cuppa tea but between the risk of dribbling, and thinking that my stitches won't agree with that choice of beveridge, I will wait. I can smell though. Ha! So, getting stuck into samples.

Good Evening,

Big congrats on your posting milestone, RHM. Here's to the next 3000 !
    Lilybelle - You *must* dig out that fountain pen. A favourite pen, nice ink and a pad of Clairefontaine paper = bliss. Scent-synching is optional
    Poor Foustie. Hope someone is giving you plenty of tea and sympathy (and icecream).

En Avion tonight.

Best to all.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    E., that's one stunning picture of a Voilette de Madame. Do you know who was posing for this shot? I want to look like this when I grow up. Do you?
    That beauty is Kim Nye, the blonde "face" of Ralph Lauren during the 80s ...RL's brunette model at the time was Kristin Clotilde Holby, aka Clotilde. I loved them both, but being a blonde myself it was always the brunette glamour to which I aspired; when I was in Jr. High I wanted to be Clotilde, lol! Here are a few more gorgeous shots of Kim, along with one of Clotilde for Lauren.

Congratulations on your big ol' posting milestone RHM - very impressive!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

Banned

Good evening peeps, hope you managed through the day, some better ,some worse:-)
    The pleasure of going to the dentist is that you will have nice teeth after:-) , and hopefully less problems , and my dentist is phenomenal!! A friend from London is coming over soon and visiting my dentist, its called dental tourism :-) , much cheaper over here!

I came back home smelling as i left it, fresh and beautifully after 31 Rue Cambon :-)

- - - Updated - - -

In honor of your birthday, I've bought myself a present (the orange one). I think I might be on my way to adding bag-a-nista to my perfumista credentials.

[LEFT]

SOOO Niiice:-) gorgeous colour:-) it goes nice with brown, black, everything but maybe grey?, autumn colours, i was watching one of similar colour

Hahaha i completely understand, a therapy against perfume obsession:-) , buying bags ......
    Last edited by iivanita; 13th November 2012 at 06:42 PM.

SotD was Amyris Homme.
    Good night to all!

I'm going to be wearing a sample of Juliette Has a Gun's Citizen Queen to work this evening 4-9 today, have a good afternoon everyone
    "I guess it's like most dreams, people work hard for them, they take time, When you arrive you aren't sure if it's what you expected. Hopefully it's better, but I guess that is why people dream and choose to chase them" ~anonymous.

"You’re buying stars to shut out the light. We come alone and alone we die And no matter how hard you try I’ll always belong in the sky" ~ Marina and The Diamonds

I forgot to mention my sota! It's Miss Dior, 60s parfum and edt ...wonderful, wonderful!

Oh Quarry, I totally agree with iivanita - what a fetching new purse! I think maybe I might need a snazzy new orange bag, too!

Yay, Quarry! I love orange bags.

Yes, G., I'm going to dig out that pen before the sun goes down today.

Evangeline smells wonderful, as usual.

I finally settled on Bal a Versailles edc today. This is such a strange scent for me. I'm enjoying getting to know it. Earlier today, I had the impression of smelling like having been with a lover, driving in the car on my way to the post office, that sense of someone else's body scent and their perfume on me - and not wanting it to go away or wash off. Now, later in the afternoon, I have an impression of honey and a warm, animalic aspect, but I have to stick my head down my shirt to inhale it. It wears very close to the skin. I'm in love with my own scent, lol! This one is a shape shifter.

Gandhajala, thanks for mentioning your special ink! Noodler’s has a new customer! Congrats RHM! Quarry, I *love* that burnt orange color—very nice! ((((Foustie)))) Ouch-- hope they gave you a nice supply of painkillers to keep you comfy while you heal up. Evangeline, you smell fabulous!!! I went with Private Collection today.

So far today I've worn I Love NY for Her, AL Ambre Fonce, Amouage Sandalwood Attar and DSH Bourbon Vanilla.

Prada Candy for me today on this nippy November day

Thanks to a lovely BNer, testing Jasmin De Nuit & Epic Woman. Jasmin reminds me a lot of Musc Ravageur as it dries down. Smells a bit minty at first, maybe it's the cardamom. I don't get a lot of jasmine in it really, there is some, a red, warm jasmine but it's not a soliflore by any means. I thought I got an iris-y note in Jasmin though it's not listed as one of the notes. Something earthy. And I don't think I've smelled a scent like Epic before. I do like the rose in Epic..impressive scent.
    Last edited by kalli; 13th November 2012 at 09:40 PM.
    $25 or less clearance sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/390...othing-over-25!!

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." Rom. 8:18

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lilybelle View Post
    Yay, Quarry! I love orange bags.

Yes, G., I'm going to dig out that pen before the sun goes down today.

Evangeline smells wonderful, as usual.

I finally settled on Bal a Versailles edc today. This is such a strange scent for me. I'm enjoying getting to know it. Earlier today, I had the impression of smelling like having been with a lover, driving in the car on my way to the post office, that sense of someone else's body scent and their perfume on me - and not wanting it to go away or wash off. Now, later in the afternoon, I have an impression of honey and a warm, animalic aspect, but I have to stick my head down my shirt to inhale it. It wears very close to the skin. I'm in love with my own scent, lol! This one is a shape shifter.

lily, glad you enjoy it

did you consider opening a new thread on Bav EDT versions and reformulations hehe

i just tested for the first time Frederic Malle L eau d Hiver!! i dont like minimalist compositions, especially from Un jardin series ,where they feel to me like Jean Claude Ellena did not eat for days hehe ... but this one is gorgeous !! it has iris , wet one, not powdery, heliotrope, that makes it creamy to my nose....and just touch of honey, it gives it sweetnes of a flower...nothing more....perfect scent for the office! feminine, elegant, and i read long lasting! very wearable! clean, not cold! not ordinary and not boring BUT white!!!

@Foustie...Hope you're mouth feels better soon... ouch

sotd I keep having to retry Mandy's Oud Luban on just to check to see if I like it.... I don't but I do, then I don't, then I do

Late posting, but wearing Adrienne Vittadini.

Good evening, all. Jailia today

More Dior Hypnotic Poison for my SotE.
    "You can't change the past, but you can ruin the present by worrying about the future."

"Three essentials for a good life: Someone to love, somewhere to go, and something to look forward to."

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Congrats to RHM for her 1K+ posts!!

Vintage Guerlain Habit Rouge Cologne
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon