Code of Conduct

Default Females. I need your help RE: Montale

Hi All,

I recently posted on the male forum about picking up some Montale samples with the intention of purchasing a full bottle in the future. While I have settled on the samples for myself I also would like to pick up a sample for my wife and for one of her friends (potentially the 20ml gift bottle from Montale could be one of these.)

So I was looking for recommendations.

My wife likes green, coniferous, minty, garden scents and her friend's favourite perfume is Narciso Rodriguez For Her.

I know it's a bit vague but can any of you help please?

Andy
    The Large Print Giveth And The Small Print Taketh Away

Default Re: Females. I need your help RE: Montale

No! I don't know the Montale range. But I like green, coniferous, minty, garden scents too so I am jumping on board this thread to see what recommendations you get!

It's not Montale, but "green, coniferous, minty, garden scent" is to me the perfect description of Annick Goutal's Nuit Étoilée - have you tried it?

Is there a particular reason why you're focused on Montale for your wife and her friend? I ask only because Montale, as a house, primarily produces opulent orientals, many of which are oud-based. I'm not sure I've seen a fresh, green, minty Montale fragrance (I'm not saying there *isn't* one -- just that I haven't seen one). It's not really what they do.....

Try Oriental Flowers if you can find it.

No reason for it being Montage except that I'm getting samples for myself to cater for my tastes but I'm rubbish at choosing for someone else.

Soleil de Capri is fresh and citrusy, slightly fruity, that's the most "light" Montale I can remember. Your wife's friend may want to try Musk to Musk, Ginger Musk or White Musk, haven't tried any of them myself so I can't say how good/bad they are.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    Is there a particular reason why you're focused on Montale for your wife and her friend? I ask only because Montale, as a house, primarily produces opulent orientals, many of which are oud-based. I'm not sure I've seen a fresh, green, minty Montale fragrance (I'm not saying there *isn't* one -- just that I haven't seen one). It's not really what they do.....
    l'm inclined to agree with this, but..

Oriental Flowers or Velvet Flowers might work for the friend.

And it's just possible that Jasmin Full may work for your wife; it's not coniferous, but l find it has a "minty" quality along with the beautiful jasmine.

Also Roses Musk; the musk is not at all prominent, it's mainly "roses with the leaves on".
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Banned

If she likes green, minty and NR For her, that also doesn't fit together:-)

For her is sweet sweet patchouly:-) , maybe there are versions:-)

And Montale is so much about rose oud, its nothing as you described, but it has similarities with For her, because of roses and sweetness! You may want to try Juliette has a gun, they have cheap sampling program which you can deduct from later purchase, and to my nose its the same quality almost as Montale:-)

+1 for looking into Annick Goutal scents for your description.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Quote Originally Posted by iivanita View Post
    If she likes green, minty and NR For her, that also doesn't fit together:-)
    I did say it's for 2 desperate people. I'm only trying to do something nice, not change the world.

I could just as easily be selfish and say that I'll just get all bottles for myself.

So, since you've been poking around for Montale samples for yourself, you'd like to focus your generosity on the Montale universe, since, again, that's where you've been looking already? Got it. (I think.)

So, again, I'm not sure you'll find something that perfectly fits the bill, but if your wife and friend are willing to try something new that may be a bit outside of what they're used to, then how about:

--For the wife: Fougeres Marine or Soleil de Capri. Potential stretches would be White Aoud and Aromatic Lime.
    --For the friend: White Musk or Roses Musk (be careful with rose though -- people tend to love it or hate it in fragrance). Potential stretches would be Ginger Musk or Musk to Musk (both of these are heavier on the other notes and have a more overt oriental feel; they are NOT soft musk scents, like NR).

A "what the hell" for both of them (just for something completely outside what they're used to without knocking them over the head with oud) would be Sweet Oriental Dream.

Disclaimer: I'm going on memory. I've smelled each of the ones I've recommended, but I can't wear *any* Montales (something in their base) and so have given all of my samples away.

White Aoud is my favorite feminine scent from Montale, but not foresty or minty in the least. I agree with Ginger Musk for the NR person.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeK View Post
    A "what the hell" for both of them (just for something completely outside what they're used to without knocking them over the head with oud) would be Sweet Oriental Dream.
    Good call! l'll add lntense Tiare to the "what the hell" pile.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Its not Montale, but you should try Comme Des garcons "PLAY" green it hits all your needs...a really awesome and remarkable fragrance.

Personally I have only found the montales to be hugely synthetic, sharing a very similar DNA. Not my cuppa' tea

Adding Montale Embruns d’Essaouira for your wife