Purchasing a decant or branded sample can be a smart way to go with any fragrance as it allows you enough to use for special occasions and it may turn out that, while smelling like apple pie seemed like the perfect idea at the time, you'd rather not smell that way every single day.
Boss Bottled for every day and 5ml of "Ambre Narguile" (enough to wear about 10-12 times) for when you want to take it up a notch.
Current Top Favorites:
1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
4) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie
6) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
Shiny Beast is correct about the travel 15 ml sizes.
I picked one up on ebay for about $25. Or go in with someone a split a travel pack- it worked out to about $40 per 15 ml bottle when I did that at the BN Boston meetup with several other folks.