Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Rive Gauche: who's tried the new bottle and who's stocking up on the can?

Quote Originally Posted by timdoeswell View Post
    Yep, I'm positive mine has no glass inside the can. You can feel the liquid sloshing against the sides of the, as fredericktoo said, very light canister when you move it around.
    I checked mine again - no glass inside the can. Sorry about that! I guess I was remembering a different juice - possibly L' Homme Sage - yes thats it. I got to resmell the fragrance and it is truly a great one!
    SUMMER COLOGNES: Gabriella Chieffo Aquasala • Dior Homme Cologne • Boudicea the Victorious Oxford • Penhaligons Lothair • Molecule 01 • Azemour les Orangers • AdP Essenza • Byredo Sunday Cologne • Ginepro di Sardegna • Maestrale • Iris Nazarena • Versace Pour Homme •

Default Re: Rive Gauche: who's tried the new bottle and who's stocking up on the can?

Wanna hear something sad? I checked my ebay sales for the last 4 years, and I have sold off Rive Gauche at least 4 times! I just got it back in a swap. The clock starts ticking...

I have a feeling the original YSL Rive Gauche pour Homme is a fragrance that in 10 years time, when it becomes very hard to find, will reach a certain status among fragrance enthusiasts. While I don't wear it often, in a certain way it seems almost perfect for what it is.

I definitely take it for granted right now because of its availability and low price. If it never existed, and MDCI or Frederic Malle released it tomorrow, I think it would hold its own among niche fragrances.

Also, it seems to get a lot of compliments, strangely (I would not peg this one as a scent that garnered compliments).

Banned
    Blog Entries

the new bottle is repugnant.

i'm ordering a back-up of the tin can