Code of Conduct

Exclamation Axe/Lynx New Musk

I suppose this thread will shock a lot of people, but I am going ahead anyway........
    Whilst doing my regular shopping at one of those mundane food discounters I had one of those rare out of nose, (body) experiences. I had just walked through the detergent/ cleaning/ drugstore isle and someone happened to be testing the deo sprays. I suddenly got a whiff of something quite gorgeous. I went back to the scene of the crime and started doing my csi bit. It did not take me long to discover which deo had been sprayed and the fragrance matched exactly what I had smelled.
    It was, indeed Axe Musk. For a rare change, (VERY RARE!) something seemed to have improved tremendously with reformulation. Could that really be the case?........the old Axe Musk never smelled this good, surely?.........I would have remembered. I do miss an awful lot of those old perfumes that were loaded with nitro musks, (or whatever they are called?).....
    but I am really in this case convinced that this musk fragrance has improved greatly. I was pleasantly shocked that something this cheap could smell THIS good !!!
    .........which got me thinking how incredibly good a lot of the mass produced Faberge fragrances were, having recently re-sampled many of them.
    Last edited by david; 24th November 2012 at 07:07 PM.
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Default Re: Axe/Lynx New Musk

A lot of ae products and old spice products are surprisingly good, but also not surprisingly overused

I admit to enjoying Axe from time to time as well. I really like the newer Cool Metal scent that came out earlier this year. I use the shower gel all the time. (the Cool Metal body spray is ok, but is different from the shower gel's scent, which I prefer).

I also liked Recovery a lot, but it was discontinued last year.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH1016 View Post
    I admit to enjoying Axe from time to time as well. I really like the newer Cool Metal scent that came out earlier this year. I use the shower gel all the time. (the Cool Metal body spray is ok, but is different from the shower gel's scent, which I prefer).

I also liked Recovery a lot, but it was discontinued last year.
    The Cool Metal shower gel is awesome. I use it most days I'm at home and not at school. It's great because unlike other Axe shower products, the smell doesn't last long after you towel off.

As for this product, I'm not sure it is sold here. If it is, I'll give it a shot. While I prefer "real" colognes, Axe isn't bad for post-gym on my way home to shower scent.
    Last edited by OctaVariuM; 16th October 2012 at 02:57 AM.

Another that likes the shower gel.

The shower gels are fine. All of their hair products are atrocious.
    The only body sprays I like, by Axe are Kilo and Dark Temptations (ugh, I need an EDT of both Kilo and DT).
    Old Spice on the other hand, all of their products are nice.

Axe has had some interesting, good quality fragrance combinations in the past and I'd like to find this one on store shelves of large retail surfaces where I live, also remember the "vintage" formulation of Axe Musk being good.

I bought the Musk body spray recently on a 3 for the price of 2 deal. I have been wearing it over the past couple of days and four people have asked me what I was wearing !
    It really smells amazing, though in my opinion it has nothing to do with any sort of musk. It is more of a sweet plasticy smell, going a little bit in that play dough smell direction.
    Although it is in the modern style spray can with slide down/twist cap I am wondering if it is being phased out or discontinued because it is very hard to find and does not seem to fit in with the Dark Temptation/ Anarchy etc., wacky concept. Also there is no matching shower gel for the Musk.........
    Can anyone confirm if this is the case ? Is the Musk available in the US ?
    I would urge basenoters, (including all you perfume snobs.....lol) to try this one out ! It has something special.

I am bumping this in the hope that others will try it out and report back. The positive response to me wearing this cheap "body spray" has been phenomenal !!!! This stuff knocks the socks off of the likes of Chanel Bleue.
    I think the tables have turned.

I remember this in the Eighties along with Spice & Amber, my favorite was Lynxx Oriental.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I remember these, but they weren't around until after I had started my adventures in frags.
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I remember this in the Eighties along with Spice & Amber, my favorite was Lynxx Oriental.
    Yes, but this is a new version of that old musk and........ (for a change is actually much improved!!!) See if you can find the new version musk with the twist down top.
    Smells completely different.

I got 20 or so bottles of axe musk, bought a case at a good price. It sure doesn't feel like musk, specially when comparing it to jovan musk or even clubman musk, but it is quite a good scent and I use it on and off. Though my favorite axe is kilo (or lynx africa)

........just an update. I phoned Unilever in the UK and the Musk is not available in the UK range of products. I looked on the US website, (there is an extra website just for Axe products) No sign of it there either. or in Germany. In fact even when I clicked on France / Axe products, Musk is not shown or listed ! Yet it is available in all the big supermarkets, drugstore chains and discounters such as Lidl and Dia. It is wierd and frustrating. I can only conclude that they reissued the new version Musk, (with the twist down top) in France and are currently testing the water with it here, or they have tried it and decided to discontinue it, (hence no mention of it on the french website). ???
    Anyone visiting France should definitely try it, or get friends to bring them back a can, ( it only costs around 4 euro). It's sensational !!
    Last edited by david; 24th November 2012 at 07:10 PM.