Code of Conduct

Default 1 Million by Paco Rabanne (2008) VS Dior Homme Inense by Christian Dior (2007)?

Well, i am having a hard time choosing between both. So here are my questions:

1. Who is more attractive?
    2. Which one do women prefer to smell on a man?
    3. Which one is sexier?
    4. Which one lasts longer?
    5. Which one fits for going out and clubbing?

Thanks a lot. im kind of a noob.

Mainstream slut vs. basenote slut.

DHI wins on questions 1,2,3 and 5. Get DHI even though 1 million is more you.

Default Re: 1 Million by Paco Rabanne (2008) VS Dior Homme Inense by Christian Dior (2007)?

DHI it is! Maybe it doesn't last as long as one million, but i put on a little on my wrist and i can still smell it. It's been about 6,5 hours! But i might buy the 1 million a while later. I kind of like how popular it is. Thanks man

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 1 Million by Paco Rabanne (2008) VS Dior Homme Inense by Christian Dior (2007)?

Dior Homme is your better bet though 1 Million may last a little longer. Dior will give you the air of class that women would prefer to smell than 1 Million! To get more longevity out of Dior H spray your shirt and your hair.
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Definitely DHI. Don't even think about it any further. One Million may last a bit longer, not much, but everything else on your list is definitely DHI.

DHI lasts longer on me. I liked 1 Million just fine...I just didn't love it. DHI was love at first sniff. It's easily one of my all-time favorites (despite my brief tenure).
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"Sometimes we need to suffer just so we can look at our lives and know we're for real" - Francis Chan

Dior Homme Inense with a clean sweep IMO.

DHI +1

1Million -100

Basenotes Plus

People are giving the edge to DHI because they like it better but I think they've either skipped your questions altogether or didn't give it much thought. I think 1 Million gets the edge for 2, 3, and 5. But I would much rather wear DHI than 1 Million.

No, the answers to all the questions are actually DHI. If you add the question of which has the most class? Give ya one guess

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by paradigm View Post
    No, the answers to all the questions are actually DHI. If you add the question of which has the most class? Give ya one guess
    That wasn't his question but I agree with you. DHI is not more of a clubbing scent than 1 Million. That's the most ridiculous assertion I've heard today. I guess women preferring DHI to 1 Million is very subjective, but it isn't a close call on my personal level. Same with Curve, I can't stand the stuff but it gets a lot more compliments from women than a more well-rounded fragrance would.

Thanks a lot! After thinking about it, i gotta say i fell inlove with both, so fuck it. I'm buying both. haha.

Bud they're both great. Obviously DHI is much better quality and IMO it lasts longer and projects more, although 1 Million is also brilliant in both these departments. The only thing I don't like about 1 Million is that everyone has it and everyone knows it, that said I've found an alternative. Get 212 VIP Men by Carolina Herrera, very close but slightly sweeter out the bottle and much better quality... Lightly less expensive too!

Paco rabbane = swag

DHI = class

DHI for me !

Quote Originally Posted by ragecraze View Post
    I think DHI, but I'm probably not your target demographic.

Depends on the woman.

3. Which one is sexier?
    DHI

1Million

1Million

DHI wins by a long shot.

Try Spicebomb for a more classy version of One Million.

Quote Originally Posted by frostyicy View Post
    DHI wins by a long shot.

Try Spicebomb for a more classy version of One Million.
    Spicebomb is very good

DHI

One Million is for clubbing at night!

You got both, which is fine. I'd echo DHI if you like both just because of its (relative) uniqueness and versatility. 1 Million is one of the few scents I avoid due to sheer popularity (Aqua Di Gio etc...) just because its so common/oversprayed that it loses its effect. People will know your wearing 1 Million (the brand name) which kind of destroys the illusion, plus makes you non-nondescript from other wearers. Plus it really is only a club scent, wear as DHI could be pulled off on a date or even a night out on the town.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek Trojan View Post
    You got both, which is fine. I'd echo DHI if you like both just because of its (relative) uniqueness and versatility. 1 Million is one of the few scents I avoid due to sheer popularity (Aqua Di Gio etc...) just because its so common/oversprayed that it loses its effect. People will know your wearing 1 Million (the brand name) which kind of destroys the illusion, plus makes you non-nondescript from other wearers. Plus it really is only a club scent, wear as DHI could be pulled off on a date or even a night out on the town.

Yeah i know but my situation is kind of different.

1. I live in a country where ''1 million'' is not really that popular. I really have never smelled it on anyone since i moved here 4 years ago.

2. DHI might be a classy perfume, but i still believe it can be used in a nightclub (i'm gonna try it next week)

3. u could put on a lil bit of DHI and a lil bit of 1 million and there you have a unique smell that no one has.

Or you could layer DHI with Midnight In Paris... I've done it and the results are amazing!

DHI is the beast on cold days, but It tends To get cloying on hot summer days...

I love both of them, but DHI is superior in quality and is more Sophisticated.
    Last edited by Jefyulo; 21st November 2012 at 05:25 AM.

Definitely DHI wins the battle in all ways! The answer to all questions is hands down and by far DHI!!!

DHI. No contest.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adrem View Post
    Mainstream slut vs. basenote slut.
    Sums it up perfectly.

Grab a sword and crusade against me basenoters, but I think 1 Million is one of the greatest designers of all time and it will completely destroy anything from the Dior house.

1 Million wins in all categories. And yes, I'm a man-slut.

I'd say both fare equally good in all five points. One Million might however be, though not much, even more popular, more liked and more easily recognized in clubs and in similar settings.

I think it is "trendy" here on BN for alot of people to bash 1 Million.
    I haven't tried DHI, but can assure you women like 1 Million... and it's not a bad scent by any means.

Don't know about Spicebomb being a classier version of 1 Million. Could be true. Hope to try both DHI and SB at some point.
    ----- People laugh at me because I'm different.... I laugh at them because they're all the same -----

3. Which one is sexier?

DHI for 1,2,3
    1 million for 4 & 5

I have to agree with bigsteve on this. I have both and I can tell you the 1 million works for all the above. Two disadvantages of 1 million. 1. The it is loud so easy on sprays in public places 2. it is over-used.

If you want elegant good, then DHI

I didn't really like 1 Million at all. Dior Homme Intense for me.

Go for 1 Million if you want to smell like every other guy in a club... and go for DHI if you want to smell like everyone on BN.

Yeah, everyone here rags on 1 Million, but it's one of my favorites, and I'd choose it over DHI any day of the week. Also, if you like 1 Million, as others have suggested, check out Spicebomb. And I'd also add Ted Lapidus Black Soul to the list as well (it's like a spicier/woodier/fresher, slightly more mature 1 Million. I actually prefer it to 1 Million).

I've had 1 Million for almost a month now and if you're young (like 20-26) and you love to go clubbing and pick up girls, it works absolute wonders. I can easily see why older gentlemen who are settled down and perhaps have a wife or a long-time girlfriend would not enjoy it since it feels very...wild and carefree but for a younger crowd, it definitely gives off that sense of fun and confidence which will work great in a club environment. I'm not head over heels over the scent itself but for it's purpose, I think it's quite unrivaled and although everyone claims that it's the most overused club scent, I really don't smell it often in San Diego/Los Angeles/Las Vegas.

I was weighing it against getting DHI but I personally can't deal with the heavy make-up bag vibe from DH. I definitely don't regret buying 1 Million at all.

If I had a wife, I wouldn't be wearing it though.

3. Which one is sexier?

1. DHI
    2. Depends on what you are doing (work/date DHI....clubbing/bars/party 1 Million) To me 1 Million is more DIFFERENT than beautiful so really it depends. Other than the club I would not wear 1 million, now a days I hardly ever wear it. I rather wear Spicebomb, Thallium Black, Black XS, etc.
    3. same as #2
    4. About the same on me
    5. 1 Million a few years ago, TODAY I prefer Spicebomb..