Code of Conduct

Default Bizarre Girl Scout Cookie experience

My wife brought home several boxes of Girl Scout cookies, among them "Mango Creme." Of course it was the first one I sampled. Couldn't wait to try the new flavor.

I have to say, among all the chemically-flavored foods I've guiltily indulged in, this might be the most bizarre, over-the-top aromachemical food experience I've ever had. I told my wife, "It's like eating a tropical candle from Bath & Body Works."

That phrase has haunted me ever since I swallowed the first bite. I had another whole cookie tonight, and again I was reminded of cheap, waxy scented candles.

So, kind of off-topic for BN: anyone else had a similar reaction to these? Along those same lines -- anyone else kind of like weird food fragrance technology like this?

Default Re: Bizarre Girl Scout Cookie experience

You ate a second one, so I surmise that overall you enjoyed it, yes?

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    You ate a second one, so I surmise that overall you enjoyed it, yes?
    Well, only on a sort of trainwreck fascination level. Couldn't resist taking a second look, or taste. It was still very weird and over-the-top on second tasting.

Not sure I'll be rushing out to buy another box of these. But every now and then I really enjoy modern aromachemical technology, like the latest weird Skittles flavors.

Any other BNers fans of stuff like this?

PS: no, the Girl Scout Mango Cremes are not something I can actually recommend eating. For weird food enthusiasts only.

Not sure if this applies to this thread or not but a food/fragrance related experience.

I remember throwing a whole "fun size" pack of skittles in my mouth and while I was chewing all the flavors together, the taste instantly reminded me of the opening of Guess Seductive. The taste translates to the opening perfectly!!
    Last edited by colognejunkie2000; 14th November 2012 at 01:47 AM.
    CURRENT TOP 5

1. Dior Homme Intense
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Tom Ford Extreme
    4. Gucci Pour Homme II
    5. Terre d'Hermes

Go to Burger King and get any of the burgers with all kinds of stuff added on if you like bizarre aromachemical tasting food. Like the "Texas Firehouse Bacon Burger" or some crap like that.
    I made the mistake a few months ago. Fake flavored bacon, fake flavored sauce, fake flavored cheese and burger. I shudder when I see a Burger King now.
    Never again, just like the Alamo.

Or get the Jones Soda Thanksgiving flavored sodas for something purposely strange. Brussel sprouts and Turkey and dressing flavors. Try not to gag.

I tried all of them. I'll try anything.

Love the comments above. Thanks guys.

Among the most outrageous and advanced aromachemical experiences: odd Jelly Belly flavors. I am always wracked with guilt whenever I try them. Again, it's the trainwreck effect. Weird fascination. Yes?

For further weird food flavor adventures: most modern corn chip flavors. These are often very weird and intensely aromachemical-laced.

Ive mostly avoided all the weird new Doritos for years now. they always turn out to be shitty.
    Has anyone noticed that regular chips seem to have at least twice as much salt as they did a few years ago? maybe im just more sensitive because i dont eat as much garbage as i used to.

I try to avoid the fake food. It's actually a slow poison. Most of it is below cost because it's like rat poison, if you lay it somewhere someone will eat it.

Quote of the day:
    Quote Originally Posted by heperd View Post
    i dont eat as much garbage as i used to.
    ROFL!!!