Code of Conduct

Default Le Grand Guide des Parfums on Amazon.fr

Amazon.fr lists a book entitled "Le Grand Guide des Parfums", supposedly authored by me, published by City Editions to be released Jan 3, 2013. I am not aware of its existence. City was at one point considering publishing a French translation of the guide but cancelled the project. I called them and they said the listing was in error. Do not preorder it.

Amazon.fr annonce un livre intitulé "le Grand Guide des Parfums" dont je serais seul auteur, disponible le 3 janvier 2013 et publié par City. Ce livre m'est inconnu. City avait exploré la possibilité de publier une traduction française du guide des parfums mais le projet avait été abandonné. J'ai appelé City et ils m'ont dit que l'annonce sur Amazon était une erreur. Ne le commandez pas.

Luca Turin
    Last edited by luca turin; 14th November 2012 at 08:38 AM.

Default Re: Le Grand Guide des Parfums on Amazon.fr

Thank you for the information.
    DONNA

Yes, thank you. I might have been deceived, as I do sometimes order from Amazon.fr

Thanks Luca. Sorry to hear this. I hope that you don't have a big struggle on your hands.

While we are here, a big Thank You for the books. Mine are well used, with notes scribbled all over, (agreeing and disagreeing!) and they are fragrant with much handling!

Thanks for the clarification.

Thanks Luca, 4 ur & TS' help in regards 2 the '09 index update: I hope Rien's now a member of Basenotes after POL's sad demise..

Pls also reconsider, if ~ a new edition, an online newsletter updated every holiday season, b/c there is no perfect complement 2 any gift of perfume than ur guide!

Don't u worry, I'll have to learn French 1st b4 ordering that book
    On Sillage:

If someone can smell me at more than an arm's length away, I'm probably wearing too much of whatever I applied; if she can distinctly make out the top notes, then perhaps I left the house a bit too soon..

On icebreaker:

I tend to compliment people on their frags to make short talks rather than anything more meaningful.

¿Si o No?

Hello Luca Turin - great to hear from you again!
    I am sure there are enough people around the world who would be happy to read your guides (full or select version) in their own language! We hope you and Tania will eventually make that possible for people in France, Germany, Italy, etc.

It sounds likely that there is a manuscript of 'Le Grand Guide' around somewhere, and I hope
    (1) You'll be able to stop the whole project, of course
    (2) get hold of the manuscript (copy). Revising poor translations is perhaps less time
    consuming than starting from scratch!

Previous German translations of Perfume Notes in Folio, Zurich, have been perfect! It would be fortunate if you could get the same team to cooperate translating 'The 100 Best' and/or 'The Guide' also. Anyway, wishing you success and holding my thumbs for you, Tania and - Greece!

EG
    Last edited by narcus; 14th November 2012 at 02:12 PM.
    'Il mondo dei profumi è un universo senza limiti: una fraganza puo rievocare sensazioni, luoghi, persone o ancora condurre in uno spazio di nuove dimensioni emozionali' L. V.

Thank you Narcus and thank you all for your kind words ! As far as I know there _is_ a German translation of the 100-perfume guide in preparation. I will let you know when that happens. I agree that Duftnote translator Robin Cackett would be perfect.

LT [&TS]
    Last edited by luca turin; 15th November 2012 at 07:58 PM.

Basenotes Institution

Thanks Luca. How strange and uncomfortable you must have felt when you saw it on the site for sale.

Miss your & Tania's reviews!
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Basenotes Plus

How very strange.

Thank you, Mr. Turin, for the information.
    RHM's Vintage, Rare & Pretty Darn Good items on offer: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/380...old-Pour-Femme

Quote Originally Posted by mikeperez23 View Post
    ...............Miss your & Tania's reviews!
    Me too.

Please write a few. :-)

Thanks for letting us know, Luca.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Hope this situation resolves itself in a manner that benefits both yourself and the perfume lovers in France.

However, it does sound like someone, somewhere, is jumping the gun as far as their preconceptions are concerned.

Hi, Luca! I look forward to the revised English edition when you "see the light" on Chanel Pour Monsieur Concentree!

Seriously, though, I haven't had a book that has been thumbed through over and over and over again like your and Tania's book since I was a kid and owned "The Guide To Middle Earth" while reading "The Silmarilliion".

The German edition of the small guide is scheduled for release on Feb 14, 2013

http://www.amazon.de/Das-kleine-Buch...5394985&sr=8-8