Code of Conduct

Thumbs up Sotd- wednesday 14 november 2012

Hello everyone, good morning

samples
    Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Default Re: Sotd- wednesday 14 november 2012

....Bonjour Mesdames!

vintage Egoiste

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Givenchy Gentlemen

Morning boys. I LOVE that old Egoist ad!

Well my stars! After my dental op yesteray I woke up this morning looking like the Grinch. Not green. But I do look as if someone has gone mad with the facial fillers, or a bicycle pump.

Not to worry. It is normal. But I am confined to barracks, so I am joining our lovely Roberto today with samples, various ones.

Basenotes Plus

Foustie I hope you heal up quickly from the dental surgery and are keeping as comfortable as possible in the meantime.

SOTD is Balenciaga Cristobal

{{{{{Jon R}}}}}

Take care, everyone!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

Foustie, ice the face. It will help with the swelling and not hurt so much. I'm in Lou Lou today, want something kind of fun to wear.

Blog Entries

((Foustie)) --hope the swelling goes down fast-- it can't be very comfortable!

I'm wearing JM White Lilac & Rhubarb and off to take daughter to school.

Afternoon all,

(((Foustie))), (((jon))), (((anyone else)))

Chanel Cuir de Russie (current EdT) today.

Have a good hump-day, everyone.

Poor ((Foustie))!
    I'm in vintage Guerlain Vetiver today.
    Best to all

Gengis Khan

Basenotes Plus

Good morning, everyone!

I hope you feel better soon, Foustie!

SotD is Mona di Orio Les Nombres d'Or Oud.

Have a great day!

hello all. SL Arabie.
    DONNA

Blog Entries

SotD - Spiriteuese Double Vanille by Guerlain (from yuyu15's decant, thanks!)

Good afternoon!
    Just came back from Eurostrike march- and a detour in one of my favourite perfume shops in Milan, just nearby!
    I was wearing lovely, honeyed Volutes edp, from a sample, then I tested Vero Kern's Mito and Bois d'ascese by Naomi Goodsir. Two truly impressive fragrances!
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

((((foustie))))

Trying more of Epic Woman.
    $25 or less clearance sale:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/390...othing-over-25!!

"For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." Rom. 8:18

K., gorgeous image today and thanks for the hugs.
    E., thanks for the Models 101 course yesterday. I knew you were a blond, same as myself here!

HdP 1876 Mata Hari.

Testing Mad Madame by Juliette Has a Gun today, I go into work in about 45 minutes, 10-3 today then I am coming home and taking a nap. Have a great day everyone.
    "I guess it's like most dreams, people work hard for them, they take time, When you arrive you aren't sure if it's what you expected. Hopefully it's better, but I guess that is why people dream and choose to chase them" ~anonymous.

"You’re buying stars to shut out the light. We come alone and alone we die And no matter how hard you try I’ll always belong in the sky" ~ Marina and The Diamonds

(((Foustie))), take good care of yourself, my dear. I know that facial swelling hurts. Had my wisdom teeth removed a week before my senoir prom, a hundred years ago. Surgeon said swelling would be down in time for the dance. Ended up with prom pictures in which I looked like a well- dressed chipmunk. Go ahead and laugh at me, laughter helps with healing!

Quarry, thank you for your kind thoughts! You made an excellent choice on the bag- I do get to borrow it, right? Very stylish and so perfect for fall!

I'm in HdP tuberose #2, Virginale. Just as I thought, this one doesn't hold a candle to Capricieuse for me.

I'm about to improve my communication greatly, finally got myself a new laptop! Once I get it all set up, I promise to get on top of my unanswered PMs and e-mails. There are a couple BNers I owe some long, loving messages.
    The nose wants what it wants!

Hello everyone!

It's a rather cold and grey morning, and I've got ballet ...a perfect day for Chanel Cuir de Russie, current parfum and edt.

Y'all have a fantastic day!

((Foustie)) - poor sweetie! I sure hope you heal up quickly and painlessly.
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Continuing in Vintage Guerlain Habit Rouge Cologne this morning..
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Beauxbatons13 View Post
    Testing Mad Madame by Juliette Has a Gun today, I go into work in about 45 minutes, 10-3 today then I am coming home and taking a nap. Have a great day everyone.
    and how is it?? i am curious i tested all of the line except that one is it really so weird? shocking?

i am testing Mecca Balsam , natural from profumo .it and wearing my lovely 31 Rue Cambon again! its no brainer when you want to smell good fresh all day long!

Mecca Balsam , opens up like a mix of spices you put in a soup( and peppery) its labdanum based scent, sweetish, spiced and smoky, it has good longevity! its very resinous, and bit noire but beautiful!.....i do feel when i wear it like i am heading for some ritual .....interesting and nice longevity!

Well, my ballet class was cancelled due to some sort of problem with the heating system. Apparently, they just tried to turn it on for the first time this season, but it's a no-go. That's the sort of thing that happens when it gets cold in New Orleans, lol - we just can't deal with this!

I'm still in my warm blanket of Cuir de Russie, but I just noticed that gandhajala is also sporting it, so I just wanted to remind him about how good we smell ...as if he could forget!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

((Foustie)) hoping for a speedy recovery you. Heavenscent is right about the ice.

Donna, you smell wonderful!

I'm house twins again with Twolf and PerfumedLady. And I'm again in HdP Ambre 114. I simply cannot get enough of this right now. I may be wearing it for the rest of the week. Love, love, love it.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Roger & Gallet L'Homme
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Basenotes Institution

ivanita - I LOOOOOVE Mecca Basalm. It smells ancient and mythic but also completely wearable.
    Foustie - I hate dental work!!! (bear hugs)

Today it's 1 spray on the chest (which is more than enough) of:

Anais Anais by Cacharel

"You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Lean in closer, dear
    Blog Entries

Glad you approve the orange purse purchase, fine feedback friends. Yes, iivanita (“it goes nice with brown, black, everything but maybe grey?, autumn colours”) that was part of my rational decision-making process. And, yes, PerfumedLady, we can swap bags when we storm Chicago's perfume counters together someday.

Cestrum, thank you for my Exploration of The Day: VC&A Hiver. I was immediately put in mind of Guerlain's Cologne du Parfumeur. Is anyone else familiar with both of these fragrances? They both strike me as outside the scope of anything bottled before this century (except maybe mimeograph chemicals) -- kicky and quirky.

Foustie ~ You're still adorable to us!
    In a world where 6 million people are added each month, every landscape matters.

Oh Thank You all for for your well wishes. YUP. I've been applying ice. Any more ice and I will look like Marlene Dietrich.

Oh PerfumedLady, a face like a hamster at your prom. OH NO!!, Sorry, I know that I shouldn't but I can't help but laugh.... Ouch!

Gonna bathe then douse myself in Etro Patchouli, fantastic.

Meant to say.... You BOUGHT the orange handbag Quarry! It is fabulous. Good girl.

Voyage d'Hermès, edt.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeline View Post
    I'm still in my warm blanket of Cuir de Russie, but I just noticed that gandhajala is also sporting it, so I just wanted to remind him about how good we smell ...as if he could forget!
    As if ! hehehe. Smelling divine, E.
    Congrats on the new laptop, PL ! Glad you can laugh about your prom night now. I'm betting it wasn't so funny at the time..

A real dousing in Eau de Guerlain tonight.
    Best to all.

Basenotes Plus

Foustie, besides the ice, try sleeping with a few extra pillows, so your head is up a little higher than usual, it helps. Also, rinsing gently with warm salt water helps a lot too (after the 1st 24 hours).

Wearing Givenchy Organza for the afternoon.

Blog Entries

SOTD: Castile by Penhaligon's.

Lol, G., I was 18 and full of attitude even on a good day; you know I wasn't laughing at the time! An early lesson in getting over vanity in order to have a good time; has served me well. But I was NOT happy!

Cristalle EDP for me this afternoon. Will have my budding perfumista niece here tonight, going to have some "help" with my Christmas tree.
    The nose wants what it wants!

LOL @ "a well-dressed chipmunk".

Foustie, do get better please. Hope your people pamper you with extra care while you are unwell.

Sinan de Sinan for this PM. Got a free turkey from work, already donated it (we do not do turkeys or ham here, one year I baked it for myself and was suffering until the month of March with frozen leftovers, no more thank you!).

Quote Originally Posted by iivanita View Post
    and how is it?? i am curious i tested all of the line except that one is it really so weird? shocking?!
    When I saw the name Mad Madame I was expecting something more shocking, it's nice and wearable, but a bit light for my taste. though I will be retesting it soon enough, so far the opening was very berry to me, with some florals rose and peony are in there, followed by white musk and vanilla though the drydown has a woody note to it as well. Juliette Has a Gun describes her as a Chypre and I do get the wood mixed in with the white musk, it's a very modern re-interpretation of a chypre to me.
    "I guess it's like most dreams, people work hard for them, they take time, When you arrive you aren't sure if it's what you expected. Hopefully it's better, but I guess that is why people dream and choose to chase them" ~anonymous.

"You’re buying stars to shut out the light. We come alone and alone we die And no matter how hard you try I’ll always belong in the sky" ~ Marina and The Diamonds

Hello Bottega Veneta

bleu autumn haze

I'm wearing Traversee du Bosphore today and I received a random compliment on how nice I smelled!

Foustie, hope the pain is better ...

Q, love the new purse!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Easyfish, that is my favorite Chanel ad of all time. I think it is hilarious.

Senore01 is smelling wonderful in his GG.

Foustie, you have my sympathies. I had a dental implant done over a year ago. It took forever for all the work to be finished. Now, I'm not even aware that there is an implant, it's so good and never gives me problems. You will get there! Hope you feel better soon.

I'm wearing some vintage Y parfum today. It smells dee-lish.

Hey y'all -

Done with CdR but craving more velvety soft and sultry leather, I'm in Bottega Veneta for the afternoon, which now twins me with Parfum de peau ...I'll try to be more original tomorrow, lol. Btw, you smell absolutely gorgeous, Pafum de peau!

You smell beautiful too, Wolfie. I've been neglecting my Sinan horribly, but you've reminded me to move it to the front of the shelf.
    Last edited by Evangeline; 14th November 2012 at 08:40 PM.

Good evening.

Love the old ad, easyfish!

Foustie; listen to Nurse Kiliwia I hope you get your face back quick!

SOTD & SOTE Boxeuses.

bette davis.jpg
    Do happy

La Myrrhe for me.

Liu by Jacques Guerlain
    LOVE IS BEST
    My sale thread :http://www.basenotes.net/search.php?searchid=2281122
    "There are people of spirit and there are people of passion but much less common that one might think. Rarer still are the people of passion and spirit. But rarest of all is a passionate spirit."
    -- Martin Buber

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Burberry's Touch

Oooh, I’m glad you had fun with Hiver, Quarry! It’s so refreshing, I like it a lot en été! Foustie, I hope the swelling subsides soon! And at least you and PL only have the chipmunk cheek issue due to dental trauma—it took me years to lose the baby fat on my face!

Anyway, everyone smells wonderful, as always. Today was a Coco kind of day and I’m enjoying it so much I think I’m going to replenish with a few more sprays for a Coco kind of night!

Good evening all.

Love etc. today, over peach body lotion. Nice combo. I asked the youngest if she could identify and she guessed "rain" by which she meant rainflower, which was actually a pretty good guess.

Cozied up this evening in vintage Chantilly edt and powder.

Taking some time off from BN for a while to observe Advent.

Much love to you all. Xo See you later, alligators.

p.s. Gandhajala, I found the pen! It's lovely, and I'm looking forward to using it.
    Last edited by lilybelle; 15th November 2012 at 01:02 AM.