Code of Conduct

Default ideas for wife, please.

Getting ready for blk fri/cyber mon, and need some ideas.
    My wife doesn't like vanilla (other than in tobacco vanille so far,) powder, or aldehydes.
    Dislikes:
    No.5
    Shalimar
    Violet blonde
    Y
    Bulgari p femme

Uje mediterranee

Philosykos sample on the way as she particularly likes fig right now.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

Blog Entries

Default Re: ideas for wife, please.

Santal Massoia.
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Blog Entries

AdP Blu Mediterraneo Fico di Amalfi

Seems like everyone around me who has smelled this, liked it.

Jardin de Kerylos by Perfumerie Generale could be nice but she would need to test it first. Fico D'Amalfi is a nice idea, and safer I think.

Basenotes Plus

I think Fico di Amalfi would be a great one to try too. 30R is right, everyone seems to like this one. If you are buying samples before buying a whole bottle try Keiko Mecheri Un Jour d'Ete. The notes are Sicilian lemon, petit grain, mandarine, floral accord, aromatic accord, amber and musk. I was greatly impressed with this one last summer. Or you could try Dior Escale aux Marquises, which is really nice.

If she likes fig, please check out Sonoma Scent Studio Fig Tree. I *much* prefer it to Philosykos. It's not vanillic or overly milky -- it's woody, a bit green at the top, and just wonderfully fleshy and dark. It is simply magnificent. Added bonus -- Laurie's prices are very reasonable and you can get a small bottle without breaking the bank.

On a budget, please try Buddha's Fig by Infusion Organiques -- they have about 6 products available from parfum1, not always though.

Arran Aromatics Fresh Fig is very overlooked but it is a nice and fresh though not exceedingly sweet take on the fruit.

And finally, DiPalomo has a wonderful line of Wild Fig and Grape -- I went through a cake of soap and a bottle of hand lotion, but they have more products available.

30R's FIco di Amalfi is a very nice suggestion, a favorite in the summer time, tends to lack in the longevity department but all depends on the particular skin/wearer.

Please forgive my zanza language ignorance - what does "blk fri/cyber mon" mean?

Molinard Fleur de Figuier is another great fig scent, quite affordable. It's fresh with gentle flowery accents.
    L'Artisan Premier Figuier is also a good one but more on the tropical side of things.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bonsai View Post
    Please forgive my zanza language ignorance - what does "blk fri/cyber mon" mean?
    Major shopping days with good sale prices! Black Friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving (which always falls on a Thursday)-- so called because stores sell so much that even if they've been operating "in the red" earlier in the year, the pre-Christmas season turns that around.

Cyber Monday is the Monday after Thanksgiving, when online vendors run major sales.

Thank you for al the suggestions! Looks like I will have to go on luckyscent for a few, myperfumesamples for others.
    Might just blind buy fico with the recs and reviews I've read- plus it is pretty affordable. Don't worry, I will be trying them all eventually; so no wasted help.

Mandy Aftel does a fig with no fig in it if you want a gentle one.

A figgy thread here:-
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/220...ecommendations

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Major shopping days with good sale prices! Black Friday is the Friday after Thanksgiving (which always falls on a Thursday)-- so called because stores sell so much that even if they've been operating "in the red" earlier in the year, the pre-Christmas season turns that around.

Cyber Monday is the Monday after Thanksgiving, when online vendors run major sales.
    Thanks a lot for the explanation!