Code of Conduct

Default Amouage Homage Attar Old & New Style Packaging

I recently purchased Homage Attar and the retailer noted that they had it in both the old packaging style, which is in stock, or I could wait a week and get a fresh batch from Amouage in the new style packaging. I believe it was in a white box before, and now it's in a dark red/brown box?

I remember reading on the boards quite a few times that Homage Attar was reformulated a bit once they changed the packaging. So, the vintage sounds more appealing, but the idea of having a fresher batch from Amouage directly sounds nice as well. My question is, if you have experienced both, which is better or which would you buy? I know there's quite a few Amouage experts here, so I thought I would ask.

Note: I've only tried Homage Attar from a sample bought at Luckyscent around September 2010. I think it was the new packaging. I thought it was nice.

New Packaging

Photo Credit

Old Packaging

Photo Credit
    Last edited by nsamadi; 23rd May 2011 at 02:02 AM.

Default Re: Amouage Homage Attar Old & New Sytle Packaging

If i had money i would buy a bottle of Amouage Homage Attar too...it's one of the most beautiful fragrance in the world... I have never smelled anything so nice and clean!
    My Top 10

1. Amouage Homage Attar
    2. Serge Lutens - Muscs Koublai Khan
    3. YSL M7
    4. Serge Lutens - Ambre Sultan
    5. Chanel Egoiste
    6. 24 Gold by Scentstory
    7. Amouage Epic Man
    8. Amouage Jubilation XXV
    9. Bond No. 9 New York Oud
    10. Serge Lutens - Chergui

"A beautiful fragrance to the nose is like good jazz music to the ears, great food to the mouth, and Megan Fox and Jessica Alba to the eyes..."

Post Thanks / Like

My earlier attars are in the white box - I believe the reddish one is the more recent.

If it were me and I was buying Homage again I would be happy to have exactly what I have now, which came in the white box. Although it's possible the newer blend is even more amazing - dunno?

Default Amouage Homage Attar Old & New Sytle Packaging

I have the white box , and try the sample from the old bacht
    both are great !! and not to much diferent . Both are lively and depends of weather
    predominant notes change ,
    Last edited by 1234567890; 23rd May 2011 at 08:49 AM.
    Looking for Creed Spice & Wood / swap fragances , Creed Vingate Tabarome and more... http://www.basenotes.net/threads/374...me-Cuir-Beluga

Quote Originally Posted by mr. reasonable View Post
    My earlier attars are in the white box - I believe the reddish one is the more recent.
    I think you're right. White is old, Dark Red/Brown is new. I looked at the date the photo's were taken.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Amouage Homage Attar Old & New Style Packaging

i have noticed differences even wit the old white box.
    this might happen due t the usage of natural ingredients.

every harvest is different of course , so u never kan make exactly the same perfume if it is based on naturals.

Haven't tried the new one (dark box). From what I remember, someone who was comparing both said the new is more rosy, maybe a bit more 'feminine' than the old one.
    In Paris they have the new ones now, but only the white box as tester. I've tried it a few time then decided to get it, probably one of the last ones over here since the sa only found 2 from their office a few days later.
    This is great stuff, hope to smell the new one to compare!
    After high class sex" kind of fragrance, if you know what I mean lol Well ok maybe not only that but one of the best thing that I've purchased for sure. Gorgeous, luxurious, nice and clean, top quality, amazing blend.. Yes I love this one lol
    Can be a bit too feminine for some but I think only a very few people on earth would say it smells bad..
    ..Just sharing some Homage love..

Post Thanks / Like

Don't worry about the formula, it will still be fantastic. Go for the new packaging and freshest juice.

My Homage came in the wood effect box and that was last year

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I just bought one of these in the original white box (for a nice price, I might add)...and now I am wondering if they are very securely closed and secured inside. Do they leak? Mine is being shipped to me from the Middle East (possibly by camel, because it isn't due here for a couple of weeks!)

I noticed that on the Luckyscent site they said they opened them first to see check for leakage, and that got me worried...

TIA

Dans La Nuit Vers Le Jour Sans Adieu Je Reviens Vers Toi.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

The white one is slightly heavier on citrus, and more easily wearable by men, also just a tad "dissonant," you actually feel some top notes followed by mellowing down, the red/brown one is nicely rounded up, sheer perfection, a little more rose and less citrus. They are both phenomenal. If money wouldn't be an issue even with one bottle, it would be nice to have both. The differences are subtle but neither imaginary nor completely trivial.

This is all based on knowing one white and one red/brown versions. There might be more complication there, if there are multiple generations of each. In terms of consistent quality though, you are worlds safer than when it comes to playing the dreadful Creed lottery.

I bought this a few years ago and it was THE most bar none beautiful fragrances I have ever had the pleasure to smell. But it was just to feminine for me to pull off I just felt uncomfortable wearing it in public. I gave the bottle to my girlfriend and she has never smelled so good.

I envy you guys who can wear and pull this one off as it's awesome.

I have tried a few samples purchased from LS before the new packaging came out and bought myself a full bottle of 12ml in red/brown packaging. I can't tell the difference and both smell divine.
    Last edited by swarnadwipa; 19th July 2011 at 09:27 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

I love Homage it's a great fragrance,wish I could find Amouages other attars :-(

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

hello guys , i bought this blind just 3 days ago, from london, and payed 225pounds, if i could get it 125 pounds i would buy 2 bottles i dont mind about the price becasue i would sell my soul for nice smell haha, joking.
    wanted to ask you how long will this 12ml bottle last? what is the shortest period you used it up, and how much do you put on per application? i put 2 drops today and it smelled for good 5 hours, later it did not have that aura around also, i have a feeling this is a bit shy scent that others dont notice, like when you use regular EDP and then half a ml goes out per application
    can anyone say somethign to this?
    many thanks!
    and i am a girl, and have a feeling it smells more masculine then femminine, and thats actually made for men, and men write more about it! )

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

hello guys , i bought this blind just 3 days ago, from london, and payed 225pounds, if i could get it 125 pounds i would buy 2 bottles i dont mind about the price becasue i would sell my soul for nice smell haha, joking.
    wanted to ask you how long will this 12ml bottle last? what is the shortest period you used it up, and how much do you put on per application? i put 2 drops today and it smelled for good 5 hours, later it did not have that aura around also, i have a feeling this is a bit shy scent that others dont notice, like when you use regular EDP and then half a ml goes out per application
    can anyone say somethign to this?
    many thanks!
    and i am a girl, and have a feeling it smells more masculine then femminine, and thats actually made for men, and men write more about it! )

I apply two drops to each wrist and forearm and then a good ole wipe of the wand to my neck and thats good for a whole day . Ive more than likely only used about 20% of my bottle in well over a year to 18 months . I guess it all depends on how often you use it

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

hello, many thanks for your reply, just how often have you used it? if someone uses it every day and applys 4 drops, how long would it last? 2 years? also i wiped the glass on the neck but was thinking that may spoil the parfume becasue then some parts of the skin will go into the parfume over time??....thank you for the answer))

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hunter View Post
    I bought this a few years ago and it was THE most bar none beautiful fragrances I have ever had the pleasure to smell. But it was just to feminine for me to pull off I just felt uncomfortable wearing it in public. I gave the bottle to my girlfriend and she has never smelled so good.

I envy you guys who can wear and pull this one off as it's awesome.
    Same thing happens to me. While I obviously do like Homage, I find it a tad feminine for me. That's why I am very glad to have the new one, Tahani, which is kind of an "Homage light" (I believe fellow B'noter sultanpasha came up with that term). Anyhow, I enjoy Tribute much more than Homage.
    Kurt smells like Teen Spirit

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

i am glad you guys say it smells femminine, because to me it smells masculine!!) this means this attar is really just in the middle! )....can you please comment on the size of the bottle, i.e. how long does it take with frequent use and not too sparing applications to end a bottle would appreaciate any comment )

Quote Originally Posted by iivanita View Post
    i am glad you guys say it smells femminine, because to me it smells masculine!!) this means this attar is really just in the middle! )....can you please comment on the size of the bottle, i.e. how long does it take with frequent use and not too sparing applications to end a bottle would appreaciate any comment )
    Hey iivanita may be i've left thiss message abit too late(been in hibernation last couple of months) but here goes.....
    Homage and tribute comes in 12ml and 30ml. They are incredibly powerful but beautiful stuff, less than a drop should suffice and more.
    You could most certainly wear them everyday if you wish but use sparingly, last thing you want is saturation and thats easily done.
    You and those around you will get to appreciate and enjoy the delicate artistic nature and the different facets that Tribute and Homage has got to offer and that much more if you use less. In terms of Amouage attars less is definitely more and too much is a headache and nausea for you and those around you.
    In terms of how long a bottle would maybe If you use around a drop or less a day i would say that a 30ml bottle would last 3 years or more