Code of Conduct
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
Results 961 to 1,020 of 1102

Thread: Fragrancenet

Default Re: Fragrancenet? Other?

Thanks for the replies about posting. I'll definitely buy from them if the 'Worldwide VAT/TAX-free' thing work.

How do they exactly make it VAT and TAX free? The local post will sure see that the package is over 12$, and from the U.S.

Default Re: Fragrancenet (dot) com return policy?

A new Creed comes in an unwrapped box? That's good to know! I found this thread while doing a search because my Aventus arrived today from fragrancenet and I was wondering why the box was unwrapped. Oh. My. God. This. Smells. Fantastic.

Default Re: Is FragranceNet Legit?

Agree with the above posts. My purchases seem completely legit so far.

From my understanding, however, if you are ordering from the US or Canada - then you will rarely have problems with their shipping, so all should be fine. You can also call them and, from what I heard, they are usually ok on the phone.

Their shipping to other countries, however, can be very slow at times - some people had to wait many, many weeks. Additionally, if you cannot call but, rather, have to use email to communicate with them - well, then you may have some problems... me, as well as a friend of mine, have only ever received automated email responses which had nothing to do with the actual enquiries... that was quite frustrating, to say the least. I heard that the same happens with FragranceX. Just something to be aware of.

Of course, you may have no issues at all and won't need to contact them anyway.

BTW - I read on some forums that basenotes' users get an additional fragrancenet discount with a code provided by basenotes - does this still exist and, if so, how do you get that code?

Default Is fragrancenet.com a reputable place to purchase fragrances?

Fragrancenet.com has $20.00 off on Serges Luthens which they have already discounted by 20 dollars....that is a great deal.....but.....are they reputable?

Default Re: Is fragrancenet.com a reputable place to purchase fragrances?

Yes they are reputable.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Yes they are reputable.
    This ^ ^ ^ ^

I asked the same question a couple of weeks as I have never purchased from them. 20% off coupon made the price of what I wanted very attractive. The transaction was flawless, fast shipping, the cologne was perfect.

From an European perspective: They are reliable. They used to have free shipping even to overseas, but items took months to arrive. Now you always pay, reasonably, for worldwide shipping and get your orders pretty quickly.

Yes, they are. Now if only they would post another 20% off coupon...

all i hear are good things about fragrancenet

Never had a problem with them

Quote Originally Posted by furrypine View Post
    From an European perspective: They are reliable. They used to have free shipping even to overseas, but items took months to arrive. Now you always pay, reasonably, for worldwide shipping and get your orders pretty quickly.
    I have had an opposite experience. They state that items ordered for the UK will be dispatched from their UK warehouse and charge almost £12.00 for the privilege. Both times I have ordered from them (spending £600 this time, closer to £800 last time) the orders have taken over two weeks to get to me. They really should do free express shipping when you spend over a certain amount, and certainly charging so much for shipping should guarantee it with three working days.
    Visit my Wordwide Swap Thread here for niche and designer full bottle trades: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/305...tles-(UK-only)

And my Worldwide full bottle sale thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/306...S-(UK-EU-only)

Their customer service is HORRIBLE! Their call wait times*are ridiculous and I've been hung up on. I emailed a customer service supervisor about my experience and they never responded after 2 emails. They will never be getting my business.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraghead View Post
    I have had an opposite experience. They state that items ordered for the UK will be dispatched from their UK warehouse and charge almost £12.00 for the privilege. Both times I have ordered from them (spending £600 this time, closer to £800 last time) the orders have taken over two weeks to get to me. They really should do free express shipping when you spend over a certain amount, and certainly charging so much for shipping should guarantee it with three working days.
    2 Weeks is not all that bad, considering it takes roughly 10 days for me to receive my items. I live in the states.
    Although, I'm not certain if you are paying for a priority shipping or not.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeJ View Post
    2 Weeks is not all that bad, considering it takes roughly 10 days for me to receive my items. I live in the states.
    Although, I'm not certain if you are paying for a priority shipping or not.
    With respect, I think it is bad. When I order from Germany, my fragrances are with me in three days at the most and that is free shipping. Same with Les Senteurs, Harrods, Selfridges and Liberty. It just seems ridiculous to charge £12.00 for shipping and then take so long to send out the items if they are indeed been shipped from a 'UK warehouse'. Certainly when I am spending hundreds of pounds in one go, I expect much better customer service and, at the very least, a courtesy email to update me on the status of the order. I won't be using them again unless I have to.
    Visit my Wordwide Swap Thread here for niche and designer full bottle trades: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/305...tles-(UK-only)

And my Worldwide full bottle sale thread: http://www.basenotes.net/threads/306...S-(UK-EU-only)

I see where you are coming from. I was not aware they shipped from a warehouse in the UK. I received mine from the warehouse in NJ. That does sound strange. Had it been shipped from the states, I would have to stay true to my first comment. But, since they are shipping from the UK, that is rather odd.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeJ View Post
    I see where you are coming from. I was not aware they shipped from a warehouse in the UK. I received mine from the warehouse in NJ. That does sound strange. Had it been shipped from the states, I would have to stay true to my first comment. But, since they are shipping from the UK, that is rather odd.
    I'm not convinced that they do ship from the UK to be honest; as you say, this would be the length of time you would wait if you were expecting something from the states. I feel the UK warehouse may be a marketing ploy. Regardless, when I'm spending more in one order than a lot of people in this country earn in a month, I do expect better communication and faster delivery times.

Yes.

Default Fragrancenet bottle number mismatch?

Has anyone else had this issue with Fragrancenet?
    I ordered the A*Men gift set (3.4 oz edt, deo stick, and shower gel + bag). Everything came wrapped in black paper, in a TM box.
    The numbers on the box do not match the ones on the flask or shower gel. I heard Fragrancenet tends to repack fragrances. Is that probably what happened?
    It smells like A*Men but a tad harsher/doesn't last as long.
    However, I think I am just being paranoid (fragrances don't last on my skin anyways).

Default Re: Fragrancenet bottle number mismatch?

Have never had an issue like that before, but don't think you have anything at all to worry about.

Basenotes Junkie

Fragrancenet seems to be pretty reputable. It's probably okay. Also, I don't think that A*Men is being faked, since those rubber bottles are hard to replicate.
    Last edited by 2ndBakeryAttack; 11th August 2012 at 05:53 AM.

On box sets batch numbers generally don't match.

Thanks everyone, I had a feeling I was fine.
    Alvus, thank you, I was not aware of this.

Hello

I made my first purchase from FragranceNet last night for 4oz Aventus. I checked the status this morning only to find it is on hold. Long story short I have read a lot of stuff about them asking for credit card details? I live in Australia so calling them is not exactly practical however I am going to call them at about midnight tonight. I paid via PayPal so I can always dispute it. Is it true they just cancel expensive orders made through PayPal because of the fee they incur?

Being 20 I cant exactly pay again for the Aventus via direct debit then wait for them to reverse the PayPal transaction. And honestly it goes against every instinct I have. Just seems so shady yet there seems to be so much praise for them online particularly on this forum.

Any suggestions?

Default Re: L'artisan great deal at Fragrancenet

Finally yesterday (after more than 2 months) i received my last package (had to pay some tax).

Timbuktu (which im wearing today). What a dry spicy fragrance, almost sandy! Approved.

Voleur de Roses. Quick spray yesterday. Patchouli Bomb. Remember me Angel Men, could be called A* Men Pure Patchouli. Very dry too.

Patchouli Patch. I could not smell nothing yesterday as Voleur de Roses was the only thing that i was able to smell at my arm. Will test it soon.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Fragrancenet Censorship?

I've viewed dozens of fragrances on that website. I've NEVER seen a negative review. 90% of the reviews are 5-star, the other 10% are 4-star. The WORST review I've seen on that site was a 4 star review, which trumpeted the fragrance with praise with a short comment about longevity problems.

Are the webmasters not approving the negative reviews on there?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Fragrancenet Censorship?

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    I've viewed dozens of fragrances on that website. I've NEVER seen a negative review. 90% of the reviews are 5-star, the other 10% are 4-star. The WORST review I've seen on that site was a 4 star review, which trumpeted the fragrance with praise with a short comment about longevity problems.

Are the webmasters not approving the negative reviews on there?
    Probably. It's interesting. I've never left a review there, but I can see that they would drop the negative ones. And you're right - I've never seen a bad one.

It would be interesting to see if you could get a "constructive criticism" review on there. E.g., tell people "Only one spray! It's powerful stuff!" or something like that. They *might* let something like that show up.

They're in business to sell fragrance. Everything they do is designed to push people over the edge when they're waffling on a buy. Good reviews do that. Bad reviews don't. This is why Basenotes and websites like it are so valuable.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Yeah, the definitely handpick the reviews. Even the most popular fragrances have only like 10-15 reviews. And those reviews are all:

"My husband loves this stuff. He's been wearing it for 6 years. And every time I smell it, it makes me go crazy."

I wouldn't be surprised if these reviews were cooked. If you look at the reviews for GIT, there's one that states 'I used to work for Carey Grant and he definitely did wear this!'. A lot of them I simply just can't believe, so they are either asking people to write reviews and censoring, as you say, or they're writing them themselves.

To give them some credit though, they really do need a reviews section. They are at unfair disadvantage here when compared to other red-brick (high street) stores: it's not like you can walk in and smell their fragrances. But I agree, 'cooking' reviews and just allowing what is otherwise blatant lies to be put in the reviews is just simply not on!

My guess is they are very selective in which reviews they approve to be displayed.

Whether they are postive or negative reviews, one thing is for sure : They suck.

Edit : For what it's worth, I have seen negative reviews ( and ones that really bashed the fragrance hard). But only a fool would think they would not like to have postives outnumber negative reviews by a wide margin. It really doesn't matter anyways. I would expect that.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Basenotes Junkie

I saw a review that claimed they loved the fragrance but the one they ordered from fragrancenet was weak and watered down. It must have slipped past their filter.

I ordered the same fragrance and it was fine.

Default Does Fragrancenet sell returns?

Opened up a package today (GPHII and Spicebomb were ordered).

I could smell the fragrance from the bottles without even depressing the atomizer sprayer...

Gucci package was opened, and has lines that look like they were scratched into the bottom of the box, like they're underlining ingredients (wtf?), yet a code is there and matches with one on 'sticker' on bottom of bottle. There's also blemishes(?) on the inside of the cap.

Now, the Spicebomb... the box arrived in perhaps the worst shape fragrance-box-wise that I have received from Fnet thus far, despite it being a 2012 release. A unique code was maybe cut off from the box (which can be understandable, to try and cover their ass), BUT the side corner area of the box where adhesive is.. came maybe torn apart like a 1/3rd of the way down. I'll maybe add some adhesive to the box. Oh, and code on bottom of box does not match code on 'sticker' on bottom of bottle.

So; is Fnet known to sell returns?
    Last edited by ILikePeeps; 31st August 2012 at 07:42 PM.

Dependent

Default Re: Does Fragrancenet sell returns?

i could see them selling returns but calling them testers....... thats terrible that they are doing this to you.... try an get your money back and find another site that has more positive reviews

I have personally never received returned merchandise from Fragrancenet.

Can't say for sure, but I bet they do. I had no problem with returning ones I was not happy with. I ordered a Hanae Mori and the box wasn't sealed and box code did not match bottle code. It was brand new and legit, but I meant to give it as a gift so had to return.
    Tom Ford Splits Oud Wood / Tobacco Vanille / Tobacco Oud / Neroli Portofino / Noir de Noir / Tuscan Leather / Plum Japonais/ Oud Fleur / Italian Cypress HERE

I'm pretty sure you can return unopened and damaged items. I don't think you can return used items.

Basenotes Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by mikesc View Post
    Can't say for sure, but I bet they do. I had no problem with returning ones I was not happy with. I ordered a Hanae Mori and the box wasn't sealed and box code did not match bottle code. It was brand new and legit, but I meant to give it as a gift so had to return.
    I have noticed that a few of the fragrances I've ordered have been reboxed and A*Men had the unique registration code removed from the package. It's slightly bothersome, but all of the fragrances appear to be 100% legit.

Anyone have any up to date information on the Creed batches currently being sold at FN?
    Specifically I mean Virgin Island Water and some of the older ones? Thanks!

FragranceNet has legitimate perfumes, but be wary that they may have been opened. Another perfume collector and I have bought Thierry Mugler fragrances from them and had the code for registering the product online cut out from under the top box flap. Also for U.S. shipping, the rate is somewhat slow. I have ordered from Sephora (which is ground shipping as well) and received perfumes from them a week faster than FragranceNet. Also, FragranceNet once took 4 business days before sending a confirmation of my order (which most companies have automatically sent to your email as soon as you pay for your order). It's not the end of the world since their prices are very good, but there are reasons why.

Default GIT from Fragrancenet

Got a GIT A3211X03 today from Fragrancenet and it smells great but I have never seen bottle like this one. One I had before only had LOT # on the bottom, but this is completely different. Also the bottom of the bottle doesn’t look right, What do you think?

Default Re: GIT from Fragrancenet

It looks fine to me.

It's the real thing. Wear and enjoy.

The only image that would make me question its authenticity is the second one. I've never seen those words on a creed bottle and they're definitely not present on my bottle of Green Irish Tweed (A3211P03, so it's practically a cousin of your bottle). Then again I've only owned a few creeds so I'm not an authority on that.

Your bottle looks very authentic otherwise. I wouldn't worry, it's probably the real deal.

my cousin ordered git from fragrancenet and his also has the writing on the back, its legit. maybe a bottle that was obtained in they gray market

2nd image is what got me question its authenticity, had other creeds but never seen one like this one before.

It's real. Fragrancenet would not risk their reputation over one fragrance.

Looks fine to me. Lift off the sprayer cap and see if it's white underneath. If so, it's good.

I would not expect a fake from fragrancenet - they are legit and carry a wide range of Creed.

fragnet does not sell fakes. Creed changes their packaging and where they put batch numbers all the time.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    Creed Green Irish Tweed, Millesime Imperial, AVENTUS
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152

Basenotes Plus

Gray markets are known for selling bottle defects. It's real.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

It's a tester bottle. Nothing at all wrong with it. I had purchased to such bottles from fragrancenet in the past and they were just fine.

Congrats on your purchase. I got my GIT from Fragrancenet as well; same exact batch # as yours too (A3211X03). I've ordered a total of four Creeds from them and all were authentic. I highly doubt Fragrancenet would sell a fake.

Enjoy your GIT, I really like mine. Love the scent and I'm very satisfied with the projection/longevity.

miaw2

Default L'Artisan Parfumeur discounted at Fragrancenet

http://www.fragrancenet.com/f/net/se...esigner&rpp=96

Bois Farine, Coeur de Vetiver, Jatamansi, Fou D'absinthe, L'eau, Mure et Musc, Mimosa Por Moi, Premier Figuier and others.

Also you can have 20% off using DWPY7

Default Eau Des Baux on Fragrancenet?

Has anyone bought it from Fragrancenet? It's kind of hard to find on the site since it's not it's own product like most colognes on the site and seems to me that it must be a really old stock and I don't know how fragrancenet store their colognes so it could be a bad thing. It's also labeled as a women perfume, but I know that Eau Des Baux is for men only. Anyone input please?

Default Re: Eau Des Baux on Fragrancenet?

Quote Originally Posted by animal99 View Post
    It's also labeled as a women perfume, but I know that Eau Des Baux is for men only. Anyone input please?
    Fragrancenet is notorious for incorrectly stipulating the market intended.

Their products are real if that's what you're asking. I've placed 5-6 orders with them and they've all been relatively painless. Even so, I'm always somewhat nervous about what I'm going to get.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I have purchased from fragrance net for many years. I would not go so far to say that it is one of the top 3 sites to purchase from, however I have never received a fake nor anything different than that which I knew I was purchasing. They do sell a lot of testers, etc.

Ive ordered at least 20 times w fragrancenet and have never had a problem. They only carry authentic products. If I didnt already have EdB then i would get one. Theyll probably be gone soon since you posted this thread.
    *BASENOTES SPLITS*
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/289345-
    *CRYSTAL FLACON SPLITS*
    http://flacon.ambaric.net/viewtopic.php?p=927#927

*BIG SALE- Chanel, Dior, Creed, Mona di Orio, Puredistance....
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/383...re#post3178152