Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Question who have experience with Eau de New York by Bond No. 9

Who can help me...longtivity? notes? Is it worth it for that price?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: who have experience with Eau de New York by Bond No. 9

Its a 'flowery' fragrance and I'd say that a lot of men would probably not wear it because they'd think its too 'feminine'. I love it though and its surely one of my favorite bonds alongwith Wall St. and Hamptons.

Longevity is easily 16 hours plus on 'Eau de New York'. Very potent stuff.

gupts

Lasts...forever. Too long. Some of the Bonds wear out their welcome. Nice scent though.

Pleasant citrus with white floral notes -- top-rate longevity for a citrus frag.
    Worth the price? Each to his/her own on this one -- I for one prefer Eau Sauvage for the price difference.
    Last edited by tvlampboy; 27th February 2008 at 03:00 PM.

Peggy: "Right now, we have to get to the mental institution. Something terrible has happened."
    Latrelle: "What?"
    Peggy: "Brother Boy has tried to kill himself. He jumped out of his bedroom window."
    Latrelle: "Isn't he only on the second floor?"
    Peggy: "Yes, but he hit his head on a lawn gnome."
    Fr. Sordid Lives: The Series
    "Live, live, live! Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."
    Auntie Mame
    [/B]

This might be one of their best scents. Would I purchase, no but, if you like it, thats all that matters. I can't tell you the notes because I have bothered to look them up but, the longevity is killer. A spray and walk-through might be in order.

Post Thanks / Like

I purchased Eau de New York and liked it in the store but after really wearing it, it was just too floral for me and was too overpowering. It lasts and lasts. I eventually gave up my bottle.
    Top 6: Amerigo Vespucci, by Kilian A Taste of Heaven, Serge Lutens Borneo 1834, Acqua di Parma Colonia Assoluta, Creed Bois du Portugal, Barney's New York Route du The

Post Thanks / Like

Eau de New York lasts surprisingly long for a citrus scent. It reminds me a bit of Dior's Eau Savage so you can try that to get an idea of what it smells like.

The second best Bond No.9 in my opinion. Very unisex, not feminine at all, or masculine for that matter. It's a comfort scent for me, like Clinique Happy, makes me feel good when I'd down. It's very unique as well. Rule of thumb is the more unique the Bond bottle, the more unique the scent (Eau de New York, Bleecker Street, West Side, Silver Factory.) You'll notice that the Bonds that plagiarize other houses tend to be in the clear bottles (Chez Bond, Hamptons, New Haarlem).
    Check out my fragrances for sale at Crystal Flacon - NEW! Updated - Click Here!
    Creed, Bond No.9, Montale, Frederic Malle, Le Labo, Amouage
    Niche Fragrances / Women's Fragrances / Men's Fragrances

Post Thanks / Like

I put 1 spray on my chest yesterday...Its already 20 hours and I can still get a whiff of it every now and then...Unbelievable longevity......

gupts

Post Thanks / Like

I´m between getting Eau de New York or Bleecker Street (because the shop gives 20% off for just one week in year). I already owned Wall Street last week. Full wearing for one week. I don´t want to start a Creed vs Bond beef, but M. Imperial got much more in the drydown (hard to explain). For me they are two different scents. M.I. last longer on me (same with SMW). I don´t know why!!!
    Which one is more fresher and casual...Bleecker or Eau de New York?

I would go with Bleeker Street. As someone who hasn't looked favorably on the house, I am thinking of getting it myself. Bleeker Street, I think of, as a vetiver scent. Original Vetiver, is of course a vetiver scent. I find Bleeker Street much more wearable and I must say, Bleeker Street lasts a long,long time. I still smell the tiniest drop on my wrist that I applied yesterday. It has monster sillage too. I am starting to come to peace that this one might be worth a purchase.

Post Thanks / Like

how does eau de new york compare to neroli portofino, acqua di parma - essenza di colonia or any of the other fragrances its Being compared to ?

Post Thanks / Like

Eau de New York's longevity is outstanding, and with just a couple of sprays. I find it pleasant and not too flowery; I like the almost-traditional "eau de cologne" vibe it has. I picked up a few bon bon samples on eBay and that's enough to last me a while since I don't wear it often. But I'm never disappointed when I do.

I have TF Neroli Portofino, and it strikes me as similar, but maybe a bit lest potent. I haven't done a side-by-side to really pick the two apart, but I figure if you like one, you will probably like the other.

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

As a big Bond fan here, I think Eau de New York is one of their best. It reminds me of the smell of rain. It's a great scent! It has amazing longevity as many have said...that being said, Art of Shaving Lemon is almost an exact replica of Eau de New York. Now, let me make this very clear before the tired argument of Bond no 9 stealing everything from everyone else, Eau de New York came out 2 years BEFORE no after Art of Shaving Lemon, so that means someone copied Bond no 9. I'm tired of the same old "Bond no 9 steals everything" argument...come on people what fragrance house has copied another in some way or another, and many of those houses have copied multiples. Ok, I'll get off my soapbox.

That being said...Art of Shaving Lemon has amazing longevity and smells almost identical for about $70 for a 100ml bottle. So, you could save quite a bit of money and go for that one. But then again, should I be promoting this since it is a blatant copy of another fragrance? I guess I am. I just can't believe that someone other than Bond would copy another scent...did you sense the sarcasm, cause it was there.

Sorry, I should have just told you my thoughts on Eau de New York, I just get bugged that there are double standards when it comes to Bond. It really a great frag and I highly recommend it...and Art of Shaving Lemon.

Feminine? Eau De New York comes off as more masculine than feminine to me. You can't quite put a finger on what it smells like as the citrus, herbs and white flowers blend quite well together. It's very long lasting and easily one of my favorites. I own Neroli Portofino as well and they're similar in style but, quite different. Eau De New York is citrus and herbs, white flowers and neroli while Neroli Portofino is more about the neroli and sheer citrus and less clean.
    Imagine there were no hypothetical situations.

SALES THREAD
    Pomegranate Noir 100 ml, 95% full no box - $90

Contact through PM

Post Thanks / Like

This and Montauk are ones I need to sample. The Bond rep at the Saks in Michigan may have left and she was great at sending samples to her customers.