Thread: Di Orio Cuir , thread 2
it is incredible how the thread begins- totally negative, and ends in the opposite - cuir being considered the best of the late di orio.
i like the scent and it is one of the very few i am looking to get a bottle, although i am trying to cut off my collection significantly.
have your impressions of the scent changed since the first thread?
I don't know the first thread, but I really liked Mona's Cuir until someone pointed out that it smells like chorizo. Now I can't get rid of the association.
Current Top Favorites:
1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
4) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie
6) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
9) X for Men (Clive Christian) - tie
9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
From what I've experienced with several samples over time and, now, with my own bottle, the scent has not changed. I wonder if the flow from negative to positive is just related to people having the opportunity to try it from spray vs dab.
When I first sniffed it from a dab sample it was way too smokey - the smoked meat/chorizo connection. I'm not into smelling like meat although I do appreciate some smokiness. When I tried a spray decant, though, it was completely different. The BO and meat smells are not there. Velvety smoke, wood and spice - dry but not nose tinglingly so. Sprayed on the torso and enjoyed through sillage creates an incredibly comforting aura that has smoke but also spice and warmth. The cardamom and oppoponax step forward...I get a sort of nutmeggy vibe too. Just don't stick your nose right on the sprayed area. FBW for me.
Last edited by presch1; 28th December 2012 at 05:41 PM.