Code of Conduct

Default A good fresh/aquatic?

Hey all!
    I've been looking for a decent alternative to D&G Light Blue. It's probably my favorite fresh women's scent but EVERYONE wears it around here, so I want something different.
    I tried Versace Man Eau Fraiche because I heard it was similar, but for some reason the lemon in a lot of men's fresh scents turns awful on my skin. Same problem with say Aqua di Gio and Dior Homme Sport.

DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom is another of my fave fresh ones, but I find it a little bit too tween-y to wear.

I've read good things about Davidoff Cool Water Woman, but I thought I'd check with all you knowledgable ladies

What are your favorite fresh/aquatic fragrances?

Default Re: A good fresh/aquatic?

Masculine marine scents are overdosed with materials like calone, which I find horrible too - almost like an instant swamp. Older ones probably keep a better balance, like Aramis New West or Cool water (for men, I don't know the one for women).

If you are willing to splurge, $$$$$ Lys Mediterranee by Malle is a wonderful, salty lily with a good marine note.

cacio

I'm not big on fresh/aquatic fragrances but there are two of them that are honestly worth of some attention: Sel Marin and Tirrenico. The former is a transparent yet extremely radian concoction of bregamot, cedarwood and vetiver with a salty vibe while the latter is a complex watery-mossy composition with fennel galore. Both are quite pricey...

Also, if you like an hyper-modern take on you usual fragrance, give a chance to Comme Des Garcons Play (the original one). An orange-calone combo with a bizarre "je ne se quois".

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Pioggia Salata by Il Profvmo, Coney Island Bond, some from the line I Profumi di Pantelleria, Horizon Guy Laroche (fresh but probably more green/aromatic than properly aquatic as well as New West For Him Aramis), Sel de Vetiver The Different Company (a salty/ozonic vetiver), Sel Marine Heeley, Bvlgari Aqua (first version) etc etc

Cool Water is good. My new favorite aquatic is Eternity aqua for women by Calvin Klein. It has a really fresh cucumber top note and drys down to a nice warm woody smell, love it!

Creed Millesime Imperial.

Basenotes Plus

Eau d'Italie Magnolia Romana
    Mazzolari Marina
    Costamor Beachwood
    Heeley Sel Marin
    Eau d'Italie Au Lac

I’m not good at all with aquatics as I don’t really like them, but I do know Light Blue, and it doesn’t come across as super aquatic on my skin. I get more cedar and musk... Anyway, the below have a similar “feel” in a way, as light, transparent fragrances, and are perhaps *kind of watery/aquatic.* As an added plus, they are all super easy to find at department stores and fairly inexpensive.

- O Oui de Lancome- Citrusy and fruity floral, with woods and water (reminds me a lot of LB in a way, but very different opening notes)
    - Eau des Merveilles—watery woods and citrus, sweetened with amber
    - Un Jardin en Mediterranee- sheer citrus, florals, and fig leaf, some find it watery/damp/aquatic
    - Un Jardin Sur Le Nil- green mango, grapefruit, tomato leaf plus a little salt wateriness

Not aquatic at all, but fresh, perhaps sharing some elements of the Be Delicious flanker you mentioned liking, while being mature and not "tweeny" and also the lemony-woody aspect of Light Blue. (I honestly have not smelled that Be Delicious flanker, so I just looked at the notes for a vague idea)

- Bulgari Eau Parfumee au The Vert—refreshing spicy floral with citrus and tea
    - Prada infusion d’Iris—light woody floral, very sheer but also a bit powdery
    - Eau d’Hadrien—clean lemon plus woods
    - O de Lancome— citrus, herbs, mossy woods
    - Cologne by Mulger—EDC style citrus but with clean musk similar to the drydown of LB

And, lastly, a few other Light Blue clones, as you mentioned trying a few others known to be similar:
    - I Love Love by Moshino
    - Azzaro Chrome Sport

I second Eau parfumée au thé vert
    Also Eau by Kenzo

Seconding Sel Marin by Heeley. Makes me want to put my deck shoes on and go sailing

Quote Originally Posted by Kiliwia View Post
    Eau d'Italie Magnolia Romana
    Mazzolari Marina
    Costamor Beachwood
    Heeley Sel Marin
    Eau d'Italie Au Lac
    Do happy

- Revillon R
    - Horizon by Guy Laroche
    - Bvlgari Aqva Marine
    - Eau de Rochas pour homme
    - Dior Homme Sport
    - Cool Water (vintage)
    - Aqua Quorum

- Lanvin Homme Sport

To mention a few I own and really like in these fresh/aquatic genres!
    Last edited by Slayerized; 14th November 2012 at 10:33 PM.
    My Top '10' : (In no particular order)

- Dolce & Gabbana: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Paco Rabanne: Pour Homme (vintage)
    - Loewe: Esencia/Pour Homme/Solo/7
    - YSL: Opium Pour Homme Edp
    - Dior: Eau Sauvage Parfum
    - MPG: Santal Noble
    - Guerlain: Vetiver
    - Van Cleef & Arpels: Pour Homme
    - Hermes: Terre d'Hermes
    - YSL: Kouros (Fraicheur)

Aquatics are not a category I frequently submerge myself in, but here are a few mainstream suggestions from the time that I did like them:

Eclat d'Arpege
    Cool Water Woman
    L'eau par Kenzo
    Laura by Laura Biagiotti
    Davidoff Echo
    Aqua di Gioia
    the Un Jardin series from Hermes
    Hermes Voyage
    Eau de Cartier

Good luck!