Code of Conduct

Default Which lasts longer? SL Ambre Sultan or L'Artisan L'eau D'Ambre

I just sprayed these about 10 minutes ago and I'm diggin' Sultan a little better...

Paul
    [FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]“Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”[/FONT]

~ Robert Brault

Default Re: Which lasts longer? SL Ambre Sultan or L'Artisan L'eau D'Ambre

I love Ambre Sultan. More interesting to my nose than L'Eau d'Ambre. Sultan also lasts longer for me. I get a solid day out of it (true of most Lutens for me). If you like amber, MPG's Ambre Precieux is another great one to check out. Montale's Blue Ambre is good too - similar to Ld'A but more complex and bit edgier, less of a "comfort" scent.
    Last edited by robyogi; 25th January 2007 at 04:04 AM.

Two sprays of Ambre Sultan on my neck lasted all day and lingered in the evening (10-12 hours). L'Eau d'Ambre lasted into the late afternoon (6-8 hours).

-Sloan

Quote Originally Posted by robyogi
    ...If you like amber, MPG's Ambre Precieux is another great one to check out.
    Amen. My SOTD tomorrow. The sweetest of all the ambers I tested and the only one I bought. Still working on my decant of Ambre Sultan and I love the contrast between Sultan and Precieux. Might buy a bottle of Sultan for next fall.

Ambre Sultan lasts longer than L'eau d'Ambre. However, Ambre Extreme lasts longer than Ambre Sultan IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Scentsibility View Post
    I just sprayed these about 10 minutes ago and I'm diggin' Sultan a little better...

Paul
    I find A Sultan is an all day experience, particularly with one spray on the skin and another on your clothes or coat or whatever. Very tenacious, like most of Serge's gear.

L'Artisan L'eau D'Ambre