Code of Conduct

Default Rootbeer float fragrance?

This is a super random question, but I am eating some rootbeer float gum right now and the smell is wafting into my nose, and I thought, "Hey, I wonder if there has ever been a rootbeer float fragrance?" or at least something similar.

Any ideas?

Default Re: Rootbeer float fragrance?

Hypnotic Poison..smells of root beer, imo.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

I actually prefer smelling like A&W than drinking them AND I just happen 2 know the perfect substitute!

http://1000scents.blogspot.com/searc...cheron+trouble
    On Sillage:

If someone can smell me at more than an arm's length away, I'm probably wearing too much of whatever I applied; if she can distinctly make out the top notes, then perhaps I left the house a bit too soon..

On icebreaker:

I tend to compliment people on their frags to make short talks rather than anything more meaningful.

┐Si o No?

Caliber 12 has a root beer vibe to it.

Basenotes Institution

I have that same chewing gum! Isn't it great? It is intensely fragrant, almost like a fragrance rather than a flavor. The first time I chewed it I instantly felt like I was eating myrrh (not that I've ever done this...).

I would try Myrrh Ardente by Annick Goutal. The most root-beer-y fragrance I've ever smelled.
    "The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

I totally agree with Myrrh Ardente and Hypnotic Poison; they smell like root beer to me. I also think Acqua Di Parma Blue Mediterraneo smells exactly like a root beer float.

Adding: I left out the most important part of the name! Mandorlo di Sicilia smells like a root beer float to me.
    Last edited by socalwoman; 16th November 2012 at 11:11 AM. Reason: I need remedial cut and paste training

+1 Myrrhe Ardente, and definitely Woody by Smell Bent for a cheapy option that's still very sweet root-beer-y

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

+1 to Myrrhe Ardente - a very pleasant fragrance from Annick Goutal that I could never wear around my wife. Root beer scents turn her stomach and induce nausea.

Haha is it that Extra - Root beer float gum? I personally found it disgusting after a few minutes, though it did smell very good.

Opium Pour Homme EdT has a sort of root beer-esque spice to it, but not much in terms of the float part other than vanilla in the drydown.

Bois 1920 Sushi Imperiale.

Quote Originally Posted by Switch245 View Post
    Haha is it that Extra - Root beer float gum? I personally found it disgusting after a few minutes, though it did smell very good.

Opium Pour Homme EdT has a sort of root beer-esque spice to it, but not much in terms of the float part other than vanilla in the drydown.
    It is indeed. You know, I thought it was nasty at first, but the more I try it the more it's growing on me. But yeah, it does give off a nice scent.

I'm honestly surprised by the answers here. I figured there wouldn't really be one, but apparently there is! Thanks for the info.

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by socalwoman View Post
    I totally agree with Myrrh Ardente and Hypnotic Poison; they smell like root beer to me. I also think Acqua Di Parma Blue Mediterraneo Cologne by Acqua Di Parma smells exactly like a root beer float.
    If you mean AdP Blu Mediterraneo Mandorlo di Sicilia, I totally agree!

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    Hit the nail right on the head. Smells like root beer and vanilla. Also, Dior Bois D'Argent.
    "I am a robot and I like cheese"

Top 5:
    1. Axe Kilo
    2. Lectric Shave
    3. Vicks Vapor Rub
    4. Febreze Pour Homme
    5. Preferred Stock

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    It is indeed. You know, I thought it was nasty at first, but the more I try it the more it's growing on me. But yeah, it does give off a nice scent.

I'm honestly surprised by the answers here. I figured there wouldn't really be one, but apparently there is! Thanks for the info.
    Lol..I think I tried Stawberry Shortcake or something..some kind of 'desert'..talk about disgusting, lol.
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

I received a tester of spicebomb, and think it smells like rootbeer.

Quote Originally Posted by 30 Roses View Post
    That's exactly what I meant. I sure wrote plenty for having omitted the actual name of the scent!

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

There is another fragrance with that same vibe as the AdP, but it's considerably more costly: Hilde Soliani Conaffetto.

Basenotes Institution

Quote Originally Posted by OctaVariuM View Post
    It is indeed. You know, I thought it was nasty at first, but the more I try it the more it's growing on me. But yeah, it does give off a nice scent...
    Same here. I'm addicted to it now. It doesn't feel like I'm eating myrrh anymore - whomever worked on the flavor profile of it really hit the nail on the head.

"The beginning of freedom is the realization that you are not the "thinker." The moment you start watching the thinker, a higher level of consciousness becomes activated. You then begin to realize that there is a vast realm of intelligence beyond thought, that thought is only a tiny aspect of that intelligence. You also realize that all the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You begin to awaken"

-- Eckhart Tolle

I agree with Opium Pour Homme, that's what I thought of right away.

But the answer is yes, to the opening post/question. Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab has had 2......

Anti-Salloon League: "Our version of a Black Cow, a 1920’s virgin thirst-quencher: sarsaparilla and cream". It was only available for a couple days at a comic convention in Chicago, and so it is pretty hard to find now.

Stimulating Sassafras Strengthener: "Sassafras, vanilla extract, oak leaf, CO2 butter extract, and onycha". This one is more like straight-up root beer, with less of the powdery/creamy aspect.

Guerlainista

A dude told me once that L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Eau Extreme smells like root beer. I think he's correct.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I would say Gaultier 2 has a root beer vibe, too.

Animale Animale has a rootbeer accord in the opening.

Quote Originally Posted by rubegon View Post
    A dude told me once that L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Eau Extreme smells like root beer. I think he's correct.

I came here to say LIDGE too.

There are moments when it has this awesome rootbeer float smell. Unfortunately I find it doesn't always happen, and is sometimes short lived. But it's the closest I've come to 'rootbeer float.'

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

That is so interesting. I have never detected a root beer vibe from LIDGE. Maybe it's the anise that is giving off that vibe?

I've been thinking about getting a bottle of Alien Essence Absolue it's for women, ya, but it smells wonderful and the dry down reminds me of root beer a lot
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne