Code of Conduct

Default Hugo Boss Number One and La Nuit De L' Homme. My Ladykiller Combo!

Hey guys. I went to the mall today and I decided to go in Belks and do some sampling. I ended up leaving with a couple of sprays of La Nuit De L' Homme on my left hand and on my other arm I sprayed Allure Homme Sport Eau Extreme on my right hand and regular Allure Homme Sport on my right forearm. I left Belks and went over to Sears to check out what they had. I saw a tester of Hugo Boss Number One on display and since my body wasn't completely covered in cologne yet. I sprayed some of it on my left forearm. Well I leave Sears and I cant believe how good this Hugo Boss Number One is. It smelled so friggin sexy I was taken aback. I didn't expect it to be that good. Im also catching whiffs of the La Nuit De L' Homme and its smelling unbelievable as well. Needless to say the Allures were muted completely by these two beasts. There was no room for anything citrusy in the air. Well I leave the mall and I decide im going to go buy me a 4.2 oz bottle of the Hugo Boss at my local TJ Maxx. I go and luckily they still had one left. I snatched it up with a death grip and proceeded on to the register. When I walk up to the cashier, she says "Wow, this smells really good" but she wasn't talking about having smelt it before, she was just smelling it on me and before she knew what she was saying she just blurted that out. I said here smell this and let her smell the La Nuit De L' Homme on my left hand and she proceeded to nroll her eyes in the back of her head and say "Wow, that smells really good." I then told her I was buying what I had on my left arm and let her smell the Hugo Boss. She basically did the same thing and said that smells really good, I can see why you're buying it. Well that would have been awesome enough, but I proceeded to go to the drive thru at mcdonalds and I stuck my left arm out the window to give the girl my debit card and she said "Man, whatever you've got on smells really good." My arm wasn't even that close to her! I have never gotten reactions like this to anything else ive worn, except for two compliments on Abercrombie and Fitch Fierce, one from a girl who said I smelt "yummy" and one from a guy who said he needed to get it so he could get laid! Well I just wanted to share this story with you guys because I believe that Hugo Boss Number One and La Nuit De L' Homme is a definite ladykilling combination. They are very similar in my opinion, but the combination of Hugo's bold spicy projection along with the sweetness for the La Nuit, just cant be beat. This is going to be an amazing winter with these two.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hugo Boss Number One and La Nuit De L' Homme. My Ladykiller Combo!

Boss no1 is an older frag launched in 1985 and I personally still like it myself with it's top notes of Bergamot, Lavender, Sage,Middle Notes of Honey Jasmine, Rosemary and Base Notes Patchouli, Sandalwood and Oakmoss. It's a classic!
    La Nuit De L' Homme is an amazing "going out" type of fragrance. Smells very sweet and spicy (the cardamon resembles a cinnamon smell here) so it's definitely very nose pleasing. Lasts and projects fairly well. A modern frag that lasts and projects fairly well on me.

Welcome to Basenotes!
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

I completely agree with you about La Nuit De L'Homme. I cannot even begin to tell you how many compliments, unsolicited, I receive from female co-workers when I am wearing that frag. I will have to take a sniff at Boss No. 1. I have never tried it I'm sorry to say, ooops. But I am going to check it out now that I have read your praise. I am also fond of many 80's frags.
    Welcome to BN, TFoster3310.

Agree that La Nuit De L' Homme is a very nice scent. Don't care for the Boss fragrance though.

Basenotes Plus

I agree with my friend, senore01...La Nuit De L'Homme is uncompromising in its masculine allure. An amazing use of cardamom that is balanced by wonderful, smooth lavender and a rich base of vetiver (clean, but distinctly woody) and caraway that blends in harmony with the cedar that is in the heart. Gorgeous composition, rather minimalist. The fragrance has no actual vanilla in it, yet people find this accord rather commonly - or at least get a sweet smoothness. I, personally get a warm, smooth, spiciness that lasts for an evening with nice projection (but not too loud). A modern gem from YSL!

Never been a fan of Boss No. 1...but, hey, enjoy!

Welcome to Basenotes - cheers.

ericrico

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    I completely agree with you about La Nuit De L'Homme. I cannot even begin to tell you how many compliments, unsolicited, I receive from female co-workers when I am wearing that frag. I will have to take a sniff at Boss No. 1. I have never tried it I'm sorry to say, ooops. But I am going to check it out now that I have read your praise. I am also fond of many 80's frags.
    Welcome to BN, TFoster3310.
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen