Code of Conduct

Default Can you pull it off?

I base a lot of my cologne purchases on other people's opinions. Not because I'm unoriginal, but I like it when people compliment my scent and tell me how good I smell. If ysl's l'homme projected and lasted as long as l'eau D'issey, then I would never wear another cologne ever again. My personal question is, as a high school student.. Do you think Fahrenheit(2012 reformulated) would get the compliments I desire, if not the original, maybe a flanker? Feel free to add your personal discussion on colognes you wish to pull off.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Can you pull it off?

fahrenheit 2012 smells like horse manure. sell that off and buy the 2010-11 version on ebay

I wore Fahrenheit while in high-school and it got me a few compliments. I remember that once a teacher commented on it. She knew what I was wearing. Probably, her husband uses Fahrenheit too.

I have a bottle that was manufactured in 2009. I do not know if there are differences between the 2009 version and the 2012.

You might want to try Fahrenheit Aqua. Not as strong as Fahrenheit. Very good flanker IMO. Just got a tester bottle a few days ago. Love this stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

You might want to try Fahrenheit Aqua. Not as strong as Fahrenheit. Very good flanker IMO. Just got a tester bottle a few days ago. Love this stuff.

I'm not sure that I'd wear it as a high-schooler, but to each his own.

Banned
    Blog Entries

fahrenheit 32 would be a great young man's cologne also dior homme.

For school, I'd wear Fahrenheit Summer instead. You could buy a big bottle of it on eBay, but it's kinda pricey, since it's hard to find.

Quote Originally Posted by noirdrakkar View Post
    fahrenheit 2012 smells like horse manure. sell that off and buy the 2010-11 version on ebay
    This, essentially.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

I think Fahrenheit, this miracle fits everyone with any age in every occasion and all year round!
    Enjoy it...

It was occasionally worn in my high school (albeit not by me, I had other fragrances back then) by male colleagues of mine and got a fair share compliments, also, without ever being commented as unsuitable to be pulled off.

So most likely, yes, I'd recommend it.

Sure it will but i think fahrenhei 32 will yield more compliments.

for swap/sale:

Don't bother with the current Fahrenheit, it's nothing like the original, smells like gasoline, don't think it will get you the compliments you seek. You might be better off with Fahrenheit Absolute.
    Last edited by Luca; 5th February 2013 at 07:20 PM.

Go with Fahrenheit 32.

imo yea

What are your opinions on Dolce and Gabbana pour homme?

Quote Originally Posted by bgarce View Post
    What are your opinions on Dolce and Gabbana pour homme?
    I havent smelt this in a very long time, and apprently everyone here says it has changed?

Im not sure how it smells now but in its hayday when it was released, it was a very sophisticated scent.

This was when Dolce & Gabbana was just breaking into the mainstream and getting floor space for there clothing lines in places like Selfridges and Harvey Nichols in London. (early 90's I think? Not quite sure)

It was powdery, slightly sweet, but still a masuline scent. Woman loved it at the time, but im not sure how its stood the test of time and whether it holds its own today. Id definitley consider it a classic though. its not a youthfull/teen scent, but its definitley not an old mans scent either imo, good for going out at night.

I'd give Fahrenheit a big thumbs up, but only you can know if you could pull it off. Shop around if you decide you want to buy it. Dior stuff can be hard to find on the cheap, but I bought a 1.7 oz Fahrenheit a few months ago for $37 online. Every time I wear it, I find myself thinking "Why don't I wear this more often?" Fahrenheit is good stuff. I'm sure it smells different than it did back in 1988, but unless you have access to the 1988 juice, don't worry about reformulation talk. Go to a store. Spray it on your arm. If it smells good to you after a few hours, buy it. Cheers!
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam