Code of Conduct

Default Salvatore Ferragamo scents for men

I never sampled anything masculine from this house, thinking that they release just synthetic short lasting generic stuff until last week when I got sample of F by Ferragamo Pour Homme.

I had very low expectations from this scent but its IMO very unique and good stuff. Top notes are fresh and spicy (unique combo of apple and chilli), drydown gets warmer and woody. Its very well balanced and great everyday scent in the vein of Gucci PH II (not similiar smell but it has same amount of masculinity and is very modern). On the drydown its almost metrosexual.

I am thinking about getting full bottle for everyday spring and summer wear.

Is there anything else from this house that is worth sniffing ?
    TOP 5 hot weather:

1. Gucci Pour Homme II
    2. Lalique Encre Noire
    3. Creed Aventus
    4. Creed Millesime Imperial
    5. Azzaro Chrome Sport

TOP 5 cold weather:

1. L'Instant de Guerlain Pour Homme Extreme
    2. Chanel Coromandel
    3. Dior Homme Intense
    4. Dior Homme
    5. Byredo 1996

Default Re: Salvatore Ferragamo scents for men

Salvatore Ferragamo Pour Homme, created by Jacques Polge (Chanel's in house perfumer) is very good. A nice fig scent. If you like other fig-centered frags (Philosykos, Marc Jacobs for Men), you might like this.
    Current top 10:

1. L'Artisan Dzing!
    2. Lorenzo Villoresi Yerbamate
    3. Guerlain Bois d'Armenie
    4. L'Artisan Al Oudh
    5. Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory
    6. Parfumerie Generale Bois Blond
    7. Andy Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain
    8. Guerlain Derby
    9. Geo F Trumper Eucris
    10. Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe

Personally never cared for anything released by this house.

Basenotes Plus

I've heard the black version is even better with the tonka bean but the only one I've tried is the regular. I really like it as well. My only problem with it is it is very basic but it still smells good. I generally like complex fragrances better though.

I once sampled a Ferragamo male scent (too silly I don't remember the name) and it actually reminded me of the better scents by Ungaro, including Ungaro II and III, but I can't really remember.

I had F Black and gave it away due to a plasticky smell in the drydown.

I love the original F by Ferragamo and Black version. But there's not a huge world of difference between the 2. I find they actually projects like crazy on me and lasts a long time, unlike a lot of other things which my skin usually just eats up.

Ferragamo Black is very good IMO. I get about 7 hours of longevity with this one. That's the only one I tried so far.

I have only the Black version and really like that, once I was thinking of a back up bottle for it even when I have a full large size one!
    It has all factors that a fragrance should have to be said is good: good longevity and good projection and nice smell.

Banned
    Blog Entries

i have tried tuscan soul, very dismal, no longevity. free time is a good choice for spring/summer although short longevity. ordered black a few days ago, still waiting on it. incanto essential also has good sillage and longevity.
    Last edited by Tony T; 18th March 2013 at 02:33 PM. Reason: i forgot to add something

Tuscan Soul would be my pick for Summer. Very light and refreshing, smells far more expensive than the pittance it sells for. My only caveat would be that it's quite unisex and doesn't exude virility, if that's what you're looking for.

I had overlooked the Ferragamo house until recently. I found a bottle of the original Ferragamo Pour Homme cheap at T.J. Maxx and decided to give it a try based on a review by Ericrico( thanks guy). It is a really unique fragrance with a pronounced geranium leaf accord-crisp and almost herbal. It has moderate longevity and sillage. I plan to get lots of enjoyment during the humid summer days.

F by Ferragamo might turn a bit sour on skin. They F Black.

The new Acqua Essenziale is a nice rip-off of Bleu de Chanel.
    Watch my recent video review of
    Guerlain L'Homme Ideal - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-PW_V1G0aw

I like but dont love F Black

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing the Dragon View Post
    Salvatore Ferragamo Pour Homme, created by Jacques Polge (Chanel's in house perfumer) is very good. A nice fig scent. If you like other fig-centered frags (Philosykos, Marc Jacobs for Men), you might like this.
    I agree with this.

There was a really old one from this house--back in the 70s--that was great. A really classic powerhouse scent in a great bottle, sadly gone and has been for decades.....

Quote Originally Posted by Chasing the Dragon View Post
    Agree. This one. Very classy fig. Good silliage and long lasting.
    Some of the later releases are really bad.
    " Only wimps swim with the current "

Salvatore Ferragamo Pour Homme is my favourite by far.
    I do have F which I think is an ultra-subtle scent, guaranteed not to annoy anybody.
    I haven't been grabbed by most of the others that I've smelled from this house.
    Regards,
    Renato

Basenotes Plus

I have F and F Black, nothing ground breaking at all but they are office friendly and got compliments quite a few times I wore them. Both have good longevity and projection on my skin.

I own both the black and the original, I find the black better of the two. They are both good fragrances but nothing great or noteworthy.

Black was created by none other than Olivier Polge, and it reminds me somewhat of two of his other fragrances: Dior Homme and Spicebomb. I need to revisit this one myself.

Ferragamo pour Homme is my favourite.
    Long lasting , non-synthetic smelling fig-vetiver that gets a bit dirty in the middle - just wonderful.
    And for the price it can be had now, hard to beat.
    No rain, no rainbow

I have a 30ml bottle of F by Ferragamo (half left) which I bought because of black-pepper and lavender-apple combo. It also kind of reminded me as overall feeling of a 'fruitier' Terre d'Hermes. I still like it and maybe restock it at a good price. I've got very good results (projection & longevity) with it, especially in spring-fall.
    On the other hand, Black version didn't stroke me as much different, in fact I didn't like it at all.
    Also, SF PH made me think of a smooth-elegant cologne for intimate occasions (under-radar sillage and projection).
    "I love fragrances because they provide a sheer endless variety: there is a scent for every occasion, mood or feeling. Standing before my collection in the morning matching a perfume to my needs is one of the most enjoyable things in my day". I don't want to miss that

Current Top 12 Spring: | Chanel Allure Blanche | Guerlain Homme Intense |
    Dior Fahrenheit | Givenchy pour Homme | Carolina Herrera for Men | Narciso Rodriguez Him | T. Mugler A*Men Sunessence | Trussardi Inside | C. Herrera Chic | Azzaro PH | M. Kors Michael for Men | Pal Zileri Sartoriale |