Code of Conduct

Default Help me out: From NE USA to NE Brazil, having trouble with the weather

Guys,
    I used to live in the USA, near NY, and most of my collection of perfumes was built at that time. But I moved to Brazil three years ago, to live in a very hot, salty and humid place. The problem is that my collection is comprised mainly of classic perfumes or strong perfumes (I don“t like aquatics nor gourmands), and most of these perfumes are not recommended for hot weather. What am I going to do my EDP orientals, or with Habit Rouge EDP near the equator? What is the destiny of Knize Ten in Brazil? Do you think it is still possible to wear powerhouses and very strong perfumes in hot weather? Or should I sell part of my collection?

I must also give you some information about the place where I work. There is central air conditioning, but it is not a very good A/C. The temperatures are still high. When I am at home I stay in a cool room.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help me out: From NE USA to NE Brazil, having trouble with the weather

Our Arabian BNers will certainly answer positively to whether it's still possible to wear big frags in hot weather. But I agree that you may wear them less than you'd have otherwise.

cacio

Default Re: Help me out: From NE USA to NE Brazil, having trouble with the weather

Quote Originally Posted by DanielPlainview View Post
    Do you think it is still possible to wear powerhouses and very strong perfumes in hot weather?
    Absolutely. I lived in Paraiba State for two years in the seventies and I never had problems with fragrances in hot weather.

Ah, that is why you chose "Saravį" as a name for a fragrance. I knew you must had been in Brazil.

Just go a little softer on the trigger. Mist it on, rather than a full-on blast.

Hey,

I don't think you should sell them (you will regret it later on) but you can focus on different types of fragrances for a change. I myself live in Belgium but got introduced to a Brazilian made perfume via my wife (who is Brazilian). It's the flanker of Kaiak Natura, Kaiak Pulso. I don't like the original one but the Pulso version always works and is made for warm weather (and it shouldn't be hard to find since it's Brazilian made). I can't really describe the scent but it's not aquatic imo.

Another fragrance that works well in warm weather is Creed Jardin D'amalfi or Millesime Imperial. I think you can get Creed in Brazil but maybe you need to have it shipped from another state.

Enjoy the nice weather, the food and the women... I would love to sell my collection just to live there :-)

Post Thanks / Like

A lot of the Arabians on here may not be able to help too much. We're barely and rarely out in the heat in the summer. Think underground parking or shaded parking right next to the entrance of the establishment headed towards.

I guess some power houses could feel overwhelming in direct heat. If I had to walk on the streets for more than 10 minutes on a hot day, I would not reach for l'Air du Desert Morocain or Leather Oud.

for swap/sale:

Post Thanks / Like

I would suggest you keep your collection, but use less sprays, and use it in areas of the body covered with clothes, so it is not overpowering . Also if you have time to get ready to work, spray an hour before you leave the house, so the fragrance is not as powerful . I lived in New Orleans for two years and had the same problem, not to mention I lived in Syria almost the first 24 yrs of my life. Getting oils instead of sprays might help the fragrance stay close to skin. If you don't want get oil, use the spray close to the skin. Good luck, hope you are having fun in Brazil.