Code of Conduct

Default Need help to know if i have fake 1 million

I recently bought a 3.4 oz. bottle of 1 million from a kiosk in my local mall. I am not completely sure its legit. For starters the front of the box says it is a 3.3 oz. size. ive never seen a 3.3 oz bottle of 1 million, so that's interesting. However the bottle has 3.4 oz written on it which is obviously the right amount. Secondly I have seen pictures of the back of other boxes and the placement of some of the information on the back is in a different spot than mine. The information is there it is just in a different spot than I have seen on other boxes. The box does have a serial number on it which is 20891 which matches the bottle inside. The placement of the serial number on the bottle is where it should be, but once again on the bottom of the bottle, at the very top mine says eau de toilette vaporisateur spray, whereas on other bottles ive seen it just says eau de toilette and it is at the bottom not the top. At the very bottom of mine it says Made in France, then right below that it says Puig France and Neuilly/seine. This is normal but in other bottles ive seen this information is at the top, not the bottom. Ive also noticed small imperfections in the glass on the bottom of the bottle. Nothing major, but there is flaws. The juice inside does smell like the real thing but it doesn't have the longevity or projection that it is known for. I purchased this bottle because I took a bottle of Le" u" dissey by issey miyake that I had bought back to them because it had the serial number scratched out on the bottom of it. They of course said they knew nothing about it and they only give exchanges not refunds. I really hope im just overreacting and that there has been small changes made to the placement of lettering on the bottle and box over time. I really hope that anybody who has this or has had the same issues could help me out. Thank you very much.

Default Re: Need help to know if i have fake 1 million

Can't speak to your particular box, but I have seen placement of wording in different areas on different boxes of the same scent, even at the same store, so I don't think that's anything to be overly concerned about.

Thanks hednic, the part that had me worried the most is that it says 3.3 oz. on the front of the box. Have you ever seen that?

Basenotes Plus

Could you please upload some pictures of different angles of the bottle? It'd be a lot easier for us to give you our opinion if it's fake or not.

yeah ill take some shots and post them if I can.

Basenotes Plus

FragranceX stock photo shows the box with 3.3-oz.

well that's good to know. Thanks PalmBeach. By the way how exactly do you upload photos on here. I haven't ever done it before

Quote Originally Posted by Tfoster3310 View Post
    well that's good to know. Thanks PalmBeach. By the way how exactly do you upload photos on here. I haven't ever done it before
    I'm always weary of buying fragrances at those random fragrance kiosks in the mall.

Last week there was one in the mall near by and today it was abandoned. They come sporadically thoughout the year and their time there is random.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tfoster3310 View Post
    Have an account with photobucket?

It's super easy with them, you can just copy and paste the img code they generate for you after the photos are uploaded.

I wouldn't worry too much about it if the juice smells fine to you. Usually fakers won't just dilute real fragrance.

As for the Issey with the scratched out serial number, that could just be grey market.

Yeah 1280adam the first time I went back there to return an item there was no one to be found. Stand just sitting there empty. I don't have an account with photobucket, but I am definitely getting one. Thanks so much for the info.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks switch245 I noticed on the bottom flaps of the box, there is the number 2008 printed, which I assume means the year 2008. Maybe that accounts for its bad longevity. I mean its turning to a skin scent in an hour. There are definitely imperfections on the glass too on the bottom and I haven't seen that with any other bottle. Maybe someone can tell me if they have a real bottle that has flaws in the glass. Anyways im stuck with it now. I might just give it away, Im not sure yet.

- - - Updated - - -

you know its funny. I would have kept the issey miyake but I had the same problem with it too. 1 hour and it was a skin scent. I think that's too much of a coincidence. We are talking about 1 million and issey miyake here. Two of the heaviest hitters in the game when it come to projection and longevity and I have not gotten much of either of those out of both of them. My skins not that dry!