Code of Conduct

Default Historical fragrance bottles and cases

Feast your eyes: a selection of on-the-go scents from the past.

http://www.candicehern.com/collections/02/perfume.htm
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Default Re: Historical fragrance bottles and cases

I'm dribbling on my desk.....

- - - Updated - - -

Here is my best one. My great auntie gave it to me and it was her mothers. The glass is all uneven and hand made.

This is about it's size.
    Last edited by mumsy; 16th November 2012 at 12:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    I'm dribbling on my desk.....

- - - Updated - - -

Here is my best one. My great auntie gave it to me and it was her mothers. The glass is all uneven and hand made.

This is about it's size.
    What a treasure, Mumsy! I have a small 19th century etui made of silver and tortoiseshell with two very small vials (around 2 ml each) of glass. All handmade and also uneven and the lining is wood with red velvet. It's about as small as a Zippo cigaret lighter!
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Just came home with a baccarat bottle of Trophee D'orsay, anno 1935! Thrilled and very satisfied to have bought it for something like 20 dollars! There is a small antique shop I Usually go to, they really havent got à sensible system for pricing, half of the times I leave there feeling like a thief

Antique shops are a great place to find bottles. I found a Lalique bottle 1/2 full of Coty l Origin in original box for 20 bucks. It's a treasure!

- - - Updated - - -

Antique shops are a great place to find bottles. I found a Lalique bottle 1/2 full of Coty l Origin in original box for 20 bucks. It's a treasure!
    “Perfume is like cocktails without the hangover, like chocolate without the calories, like an affair without tears, like a vacation from which you never have to come back.”
    ― Marian Bendeth“

My favorite adrenalin kick for sure, that moment you spot something to good to be true

Quote Originally Posted by lottalotta View Post
    Just came home with a baccarat bottle of Trophee D'orsay, anno 1935! Thrilled and very satisfied to have bought it for something like 20 dollars! There is a small antique shop I Usually go to, they really havent got à sensible system for pricing, half of the times I leave there feeling like a thief
    I have a bottle of Milord by D'Orsay from the 1940s. It's used but still in the original box.

Discovering and, indeed, joyfully experiencing this thread only now, with my utmost thanks for sharing it.

These bottles indicate a level of craftsmanship so scarce nowadays and with such vintage flair.

For Christmas my mother gave me a beautiful art nouveau styled china atomizer bottle date marked 1926.

Quote Originally Posted by Berlynnvintage View Post
    For Christmas my mother gave me a beautiful art nouveau styled china atomizer bottle date marked 1926.
    This period seems to have been the heyday of commercial perfume bottles. Lovely, aren't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Primrose View Post
    Feast your eyes: a selection of on-the-go scents from the past.

http://www.candicehern.com/collections/02/perfume.htm
    Very nice bottles. I really like the two in figure 7.

Lovely things. Thanks for sharing