Code of Conduct

Hybrid View

Default Suspect Creed Acqua Fiorentina

I purchased this bottle for my wife from fragrancenet.com. She loved the fragrance when she tried it at Neiman but this bottle smells terrible. The design looks different too. Any ideas?

Default Re: Suspect Creed Acqua Fiorentina

Well there's foreign text on it...

Just kidding. It's Arabic and that's mandatory due to the amount Arabs buy. It says 'for external use'.

for swap/sale:

Blog Entries

Miamirobbie,

From the pics, I would say it looks genuine. The arabic writing is not something to worry about, especially since most bottles sourced from the grey market (fragrancenet) have that sort of text. It just means that the stock was obtained from one of those arabic speaking areas/countries. If you are not satisfied with the smell, return it back to fragrancenet and get it replaced.
    Good luck!

Hedonist, I have a question for you: A lot of the creed bottles I have come across from fragrancenet have arabic writing. Now that is fine and dandy, but they also have something like "PGS TOILET WATER" followed by the batch code on the back of the bottles. Given your current location, I was wondering if you have come across CREEDS purchased from retailers in Abu Dhabi that also have such writing on the bottles. This would really explain why Creeds obtained form authorized sources (in north america) never have this kind of writing and why grey market creeds ( potentially obtained from arabic speaking palces) always have it.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I purchased a bottle of this same fragrance from Fragrancenet, and it smells rancid! It has to be an old batch because there is something very wrong with it. I fell in love with the sample I receives at Neiman Marcus and wanted to get a bottle for my wife for Mother's Day. I am going to see if I can get an exchange or refund ASAP.

The Arabic text is there even on the boxes that come directly from creedboutique.com

Basenotes Plus

Correct me if I am wrong, but this looks like the old stuff, whereas the one in Neimans is the re-release or more commonly known as Acqua Fiorentina - The Encore which did not come out until July/August of last year.

Definitely return it, if it smells off. But I've not yet heard of Fragrance.Net selling frauds. I recently bought a fragrance I suspect might be a fake (not a Creed and not from Fragrance.Net). I'm waiting for it to arrive. The more I look at the picture, the more I start to doubt. I broke my Cardinal rule of not buying on line until checking for the lot number and sprayer parts (sprayer parts can be a good indication of fakes if they're different from the sprayer parts on legit fragrances). We'll see. If it ends up I'm a Chump, I'll definitely fight to get my money back!

I contacted them, and they are letting me return it. I haven't heard back to see if they are going to give me a refund or not. So far, the customer service with Fragrancenet has been good, even if the shipping was super slow.

The ironic thing is that I went back to Neiman Marcus to sample AF again, and although the tester smells MUCH better than the stinky one I got online, it still doesn't smell quite like the sample I was given. It's not AF: The Encore, so I'm not sure what's going on. Regardless, it is a beautiful scent that I know my wife will love. It's just a little different. Not sure the difference.

I looked into do the same thing as you. My girlfriend loves Acqua Fiorentina, but I think fragrancenet are selling the old bottles.

The Encore bottles have coloured flowers on the edges, not silver ones.