Code of Conduct

Angry Where do you apply your perfume?

Well, i prayed ''1 million'' on behind my ears, my neck on my chest on my wrists and on my shirt.

The smell started fading after 1 hour from behind my ears, my neck and my wrists but it kept coming from my shirt and my chest. Everytime i'd get a little sweaty the smell would get stronger. So i was thinking; where do you guys apply your perfume for the best longevity?

Default Re: Where do you apply your perfume?

On neck and chest even tho I am feeling like my chest does not project nearly as good as any fabric, but it could be olfactory fatigue of course...

chest and wrists. sometimes back of neck if i want more projection.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by ragecraze View Post
    Well, i prayed ''1 million'' on behind my ears, my neck on my chest on my wrists and on my shirt.

The smell started fading after 1 hour from behind my ears, my neck and my wrists but it kept coming from my shirt and my chest. Everytime i'd get a little sweaty the smell would get stronger. So i was thinking; where do you guys apply your perfume for the best longevity?
    This is mentioned frequently on the forum but you might have olfactory fatigue. I'm the type of guy that doesn't project well at all and I think more than four sprays of 1 Million would be way too much. The more you spray, the more likely the fatigue will set in because it dominates your sense of smell.

Neck and chest

but if i had an alfactory fatigue, other people would smell it on me, but they don't!

- - - Updated - - -

and no, it's not a fake. Here in Norway, there is nothing called ''fake'' haha.

Chest after a shower and neck (front & back).

Basenotes Plus

but if i had an alfactory fatigue, other people would smell it on me, but they don't!

- - - Updated - - -

and no, it's not a fake. Here in Norway, there is nothing called ''fake'' haha.
    Doesn't matter what country your from. The fake cologne industry is very large and could happen anywhere.

Blog Entries

After shower, I put moisturizer on my chest and neck, and spray there afterwards. I also spray on my back. I stopped spraying my wrist, as it gets washed off when I wash my hands.

Fragrances with good projection and longevity I usually spray on the under (skin) side of my forearms. Those fragrances that don't project as well and/or have a shorter longevity on my skin, I usually spray on the top side of my forearms because the hair seem to help with the projection and longevity...especially longevity.

Neck/behind the ears and inside of my elbows. If I'm just testing something, wrist.

I find that If I put it too high on my chest/neck, I easily get fatigued. Same with too many sprays. When I first got chanel Allure for instance, I thought it had weak longevity/projection, but turns out it was just fatigue.

Try one on your lower chest/stomach, one on the back of the neck for sillage, half/full sprays on the crooks of the elbows.

Neck and chest. Along with my forearm, for the same reason Del avoids the wrists.

It's not about where as much as it is about intensity of spray and amount. Spray a lot and closely. Youll radiate.

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by hedonist222 View Post
    It's not about where as much as it is about intensity of spray and amount. Spray a lot and closely. Youll radiate.
    Is it really better to spray closer to the skin? I've read that it's best to spray 20cm away because it'll last longer when spread over a larger area than if it's just in one place.

Anyways, last night I used a laser guided thermometer on myself and found that I might spraying on the wrong part of my arms. On the insides of my wrists just before my hand I get about 31.8 degrees Celsius (this is where I've been spraying). Halfway between my hand and elbow I get 32.4 degrees and at the inside of my elbow I get 33.3 degrees... I guess I know where I'm going to be spraying to today! Also the higher up my chest I go, the warmer it gets.

In the bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by keagz08 View Post
    Is it really better to spray closer to the skin? I've read that it's best to spray 20cm away because it'll last longer when spread over a larger area than if it's just in one place.

Anyways, last night I used a laser guided thermometer on myself and found that I might spraying on the wrong part of my arms. On the insides of my wrists just before my hand I get about 31.8 degrees Celsius (this is where I've been spraying). Halfway between my hand and elbow I get 32.4 degrees and at the inside of my elbow I get 33.3 degrees... I guess I know where I'm going to be spraying to today! Also the higher up my chest I go, the warmer it gets.
    The closer the spray to the skin the more intense the smell radiates.

Longevity has nothing to do with how close your are to skin when spraying.

Longevity is linked to the perfume composittion itself and heat. The hotter the body the faster the perfume will develop and then subsequently die off.

Just spray MOAR.

Laser guided thermometer. A tip of my hat to your passion, sir.

for swap/sale:

Wrists, behind earlobes, neck, chest, pretty much exclusively in these areas.

Both sides of the neck right below the ear, inner forearms next to elbow, chest and below the neck. Of course this is depending on what I am spraying.

Quote Originally Posted by Ih8buffering View Post
    Both sides of the neck right below the ear, inner forearms next to elbow, chest and below the neck. Of course this is depending on what I am spraying.
    This I 100% agree with.

Well, i prayed ''1 million'' on behind my ears, my neck on my chest on my wrists and on my shirt...?
    Praying will not do anything in this matter.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

Basenotes Plus

I spray my neighbor's cat with 1 Million (just kidding!), but for Paco Rabanne Pour Homme Vintage - neck (front and back), chest and back of hands. I also usually apply at least a couple of sprays to my shirt, except for scents that are specifically for the skin (Original Kouros would be a perfect example).

Welcome to Basenotes!

Cheers,

ericrico
    “Some perfumes are as fragrant as an infant’s flesh, sweet as an oboe’s cry, and greener than the spring; While others are triumphant, decadent or rich; Having the expansion of infinite things, like ambergris and musk, benzoin and frankincense, which sing the transports of the mind and every sense.”

― Charles Baudelaire, The Flowers of Evil & Paris Spleen

My usual order (depending on the number of sprays)

1. Back of neck
    2. Chest
    3. Back of neck (in this case, one behind each ear)
    4. Wrist/Forearms
    5. Chest

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Sides and back of neck
    sometimes on the chest
    Forearms.
    For weaker scents, on the shirt