Code of Conduct

Default Please help me celebrate 1 year on base notes and help me pick my 20th bottle

Please Help me celebrate my 1 year anniversary with basenotes and pick my 20th bottle!

I have been on this very helpful, informative and entertaining form for almost a year.
    Im amazed what I have learned in this year.
    Not a seasoned as some of the vets here but 10 x your average joe.
    My stats for 2012
    Bought 35 bottles 16 of which I got rid of So 19 keepers thus far.
    Aprox. 30 samples and decants and
    Tried over 200 fragrances
    Sadly only 2 reviews

I'm light in fall/winter scents right now and was looking for guidance , advice and suggestions and probably a lot of counseling.

I have tested all of these and like them all and am ready to pull the trigger, but cannot decide which one.

Jubilation XXV ( love but pricy)
    Comme des Garcons sequoia ( wow delicious but will I tire of this one?)
    Chanel Coromondel ( a mature gourmand , smells great but different each time I test )
    Ramone Monegal agar musk ( feel like I have to have this one as I had to purchase samples 2 times to hold me over)
    Ramone monegal patchouli (really nice , not sure if masculine enough for me Can't stop smelling this sample)
    Dior homme intense (love dior homme)
    Pure malt ( like it but a little sweet but like very much)
    Dior au Savage parfume ( love love the myrrh note , not familiar with original)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please help me celebrate 1 year on base notes and help me pick my 20th bottle

Dior Homme Intense.
    Current top 10 (No order):

1. Pure Havane
    2. Menthe Fraiche
    3. Tobacco Vanille
    4. L'Air Du Desert Marocain
    5. Green Irish Tweed
    6. Fahrenheit
    7. Musc Ravageur
    8. Tonka Imperial
    9. Gucci Pour Homme II
    10. Dior Homme Intense

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Please help me celebrate 1 year on base notes and help me pick my 20th bottle

I would choose Jubilation XXV from your list as it is one of my absolute favourites. But going through multiple samples of Agar Musk- that sounds like it could be a good choice right now. I've not tried it, myself.

Post Thanks / Like

Out of the one from the list

I'll go for

Ramone Monegal agar musk
    Jubilation XXV
    Dior Homme Intense
    AUSSIES, join our exclusive niche split club.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fro...s-niche-splits

Currently splitting:

Amouage - Tribute, Homage and OPUS VII
    Andy Tauer - Noontide Petals, Miriam and Loretta
    HdP - Veni, Vidi, Vici and Rosam, Ambrarem, Petroleum
    The Different Company - Oud Shamash, Oud for Love and Aurore Nomade
    Guerlain - Sous Le Vent, Angélique Noire, Bois d'Armenie, Cruel Gardenia, Rose Barbare

and many more niches up for split...

Anyone that suggests Eau Sauvage Parfum is a communist!

I haven't tried the Ramone Monegals but of the rest I would say either Coromandel or Sequoia, but anything other than ES Parfum will surely serve you well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would recommend Chanel's Coromandel. One of the best Patchouli based frags with a nice vanilla drydown. Heaven!
    The Collectors Sale is coming soon to the Basenotes Marketplace!
    Guy Roberts' 1983-84 intro, "AMOUAGE" parfum/ FAB 3 box presentation/MINT!!!-Vintage.possibly Antique-Guerlain Eau De Hegemonienne EDC/60%full/ purchased at estate auction of a NY dept. store magnet(Mays)/authenticity guaranteed-Box sets of Belle d Opium & Dior's Dune pour femme-Eau de Gucci, Elegantly boxed drawer liners w/Gucci No3 scent + a partial bottle of Gucci No.3 as an added value combo, Tom Ford's 'White Musk'.......

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess I'm a communist because the Eau Sauvage Perfume had me seriously twitterpated when I sniffed it on mikeperez23 and Redneck perfunisto's skins at the recent Basenotes meetup in Las Vegas. Crazy good!
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Pure Malt

Chanel Coromondel, because it...

Quote Originally Posted by Tucansam View Post
    smells great but different each time I test
    Anybody want to get rid of H.O.T. Always? Andy Warhol? I've got vintage M7 & others in my swap list here.

My picks would be Jubilation XXV (so far I'd say I'd pay the price for it, but I have a 10mL decant to go through first) and Pure Malt.

Dior Homme Intense
    CURRENT TOP 5

1. Dior Homme Intense
    2. Creed Aventus
    3. Tom Ford Extreme
    4. Gucci Pour Homme II
    5. Terre d'Hermes

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm afraid you won't find this exercise particularly useful as everyone here will give you a different answer. But looking at your wardrobe, I suppose you could do with a patchouli fragrance though I've tried better ones than the Monegal or the Chanel. I say go with your gut and get Ramone Monegal Agar Musk. It's pretty suave imo.

Happy 1st anniversary on Basenotes!

Post Thanks / Like

Jubilation and Coromandel

Quote Originally Posted by southerngardens View Post
    I would recommend Chanel's Coromandel. One of the best Patchouli based frags with a nice vanilla drydown. Heaven!
    +1 on Coromandel.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Post Thanks / Like

Jubilation XXV or Coromandel

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HDDP View Post
    Out of the one from the list

I'll go for

Ramone Monegal agar musk
    Jubilation XXV
    Dior Homme Intense
    This! Agar Musk is incredible. Best oud I've smelled.

Post Thanks / Like

Awww.... I was hoping for a tally-vote blind buy thread.

Post Thanks / Like

If you're looking for a fall/winter scent I would say Eau des Baux by L'Occitane.

Or on the more expensive end, I recommend Tobacco Vanille by Tom Ford.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosebud View Post
    Awww.... I was hoping for a tally-vote blind buy thread.
    Yeah, kinda disappointing that we don't hold the fate of the OP's frag collection in our hands, innit?

We could have got 4Chan to rig the votes and made him buy Secretions Magnifiques

Sound Scents
    Post Thanks / Like

I strongly prefer Jubilation XXV of the choices you have listed. My distant second choice would be the Monegal Patchouli.
    Current Top Favorites:
    1) Portrait of a Lady (EdP Frédéric Malle)
    2) Giorgio for Men vintage (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
    3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
    4) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio) - tie
    4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie

6) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz)
    7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
    8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)

Dependent
    Post Thanks / Like

Puredistance M
    MDCI Invasion Barbare

and from your list:
    Chanel Coromandel

Cheers!

Congrat's for your one year basenotes anniversary and I would go for Jubilation.

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like

.•:*¨¨*:•.♥.•:*¨¨*:•.Happy Anniversary!!.•:*¨¨*:•.♥.•:*¨¨*:•.

My vote is for Jubilation with Sequoia coming in a close second.

I would say a Ramon Monegal scent. Maybe the Agar as you went through two samples!
    "Only by pride cometh contention: but with the well advised is wisdom." "It is honorable for a man to stop striving, Since any fool can start a quarrel." Proverbs.

Post Thanks / Like

Coromandel with Pure Malt second.

Post Thanks / Like

Happy anniversary! I haven't tried all your choices but my recommendations would be
    - Sequoia: monochromatic? for sure, but what is does with the redwood note is fantastic, there is nothing else like it.
    - Eau Sauvage Parfum, a great interpretation of the classic, get it before they change it.

Post Thanks / Like

Agar musk....EASY CHOICE!

Its a purely amazing fragrance!

Post Thanks / Like

Coromandel, yum.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."