Code of Conduct
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Anyone who's from/visited London for fragrance

I went to Harrods, it's fair to say I spent a LOT! 300 gone hahah!
    30ML of Aventus
    Gold Man - Amouage
    Guerlain Homme Intense 80ml

And so I kissed 300 away :P
    Very satisfied with my purchases yesterday anyway.
    Anyone else have any London perfumery binges :P

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Anyone who's from/visited London for fragrance

I keep meaning to get back to Harrods to go to their upstairs retreat, where I heard they have MDCI perfumes. But the last time I went there it was slightly intimidating; I couldn't get the SAs to acknowledge that I was there. Maybe I'll be more confident next time

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kagey View Post
    I keep meaning to get back to Harrods to go to their upstairs retreat, where I heard they have MDCI perfumes. But the last time I went there it was slightly intimidating; I couldn't get the SAs to acknowledge that I was there. Maybe I'll be more confident next time
    Don't let them intimidate you, it's a hobby and if you like smelling good go for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Good choices Ivibezz,!

for swap/sale:

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

Going there early in January. I'm really looking forward to it. I've planned to visit a couple of gems there, especially the Rojan Dove retreat on the fifth floor of Harrods for a bottle of Invasion Barbare. I'm totally in love with it.

Probably also going for a bottle or two of the Dior Prive Line (Graneville and possibly Cologne Royale). Also have to visit the Amouage shop rumored to be fabulous, and possibly some other stores like Les Senteurs to check out their offerings.

Kagey, I hear that they have MDCI at Fortnums now, which is significantly less intimidating!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ivibezz View Post
    I went to Harrods, it's fair to say I spent a LOT! 300 gone hahah!
    30ML of Aventus
    Gold Man - Amouage
    Guerlain Homme Intense 80ml

And so I kissed 300 away :P
    Very satisfied with my purchases yesterday anyway.
    Anyone else have any London perfumery binges :P
    Harrods is great to visit on those weekends where they have 10% off days for Rewards Card customers. It's free to sign-up and use one of those cards and it's not a credit card.

This is a great way to get niche perfume at discounted prices. And I know 10% is not a lot, but if you're paying 300 a pop, then that's 30 off...

Only draw back is they do these things at weekends, which may not be convenient for everyone.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice bit of shopping! Since i can get most of my favourite fragrances and presents online, i rarely bother with department stores these days. In the days when Guerlain was available only at John Lewis in the '90s however, i have spent over 250 on Christmas presents. I find it hard to buy scents from the likes of amouage and tom ford at the inflated prices their products go for, niche scents may appeal to the perfume elitist but I'm a firm believer that others have done it all before, and better. Is it any coincidence that since the world has discovered Dubai for instance, that every man and his dog has released an 'oud' scent, most of which simply can't hold a candle to real Arabic oud.

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gblue View Post
    Kagey, I hear that they have MDCI at Fortnums now, which is significantly less intimidating!
    Great news right there, in case I find Rojan Doves retreat too scary. I suspect I might ... but at the same time I'd like to discuss Puredistance M application and amount with them - they ought to know how much to use, and I might be tempted to go for a 17.5 ml.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gblue View Post
    Thanks, G. That's great news! Will definitely go check that out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hreple View Post
    Going there early in January. I'm really looking forward to it. I've planned to visit a couple of gems there, especially the Rojan Dove retreat on the fifth floor of Harrods for a bottle of Invasion Barbare. I'm totally in love with it.

Probably also going for a bottle or two of the Dior Prive Line (Graneville and possibly Cologne Royale). Also have to visit the Amouage shop rumored to be fabulous, and possibly some other stores like Les Senteurs to check out their offerings.
    Don`t forget Selfridges!

Basenotes Junkie
    Post Thanks / Like

Selfridges is noted, my friend. Theyve got Diors priv line, for instance.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kagey View Post
    I used to feel like that. Then I reasoned that the SA's earn a lot less than I do and they are there for one reason, and that is to serve me. Some can be snotty but if they are so superior why are they working in a shop? I walk in anywhere and am confident and friendly. These days I always have a pleasant experience. Well, almost always, if I come across a real 'stuck up their own arse' type I simply walk out and spend my money elsewhere.
    Hard work never killed anyone, but why risk it?

No need to feel intimidated by the staff in Roja Dove's Aladdin's cave. I think they are just more respectful of your space than you might be used to, which as an Aussie I appreciated as I think we are pretty chilled shoppers. If you have any questions or want to try anything in particular just ask and you will find them most friendly and informative.
    I was more scared by the ground floor perfume hall, where to pause and show any indication of interest risked being latched onto by someone with some random abomination in a bottle looking to spray it on you.