Code of Conduct
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Blog Entries

Default Re: SOTD happy Friday 16th November 2012

Hello JON!!

I will raise a glass to you tonight!! Cheers!

YR Rose Absolue today.

Jon Rodgers, hellooooooo!!! So nice to see you again. We've missed you.

LadyM, I received my decant of Une Voix Noire a couple of weeks ago, but it arrived broken. It's been filling my apartment with the most fabulous smell, though, as I await my new decant. Lush, dark, and lovely. I LOOOOOVE it!! (So, you smell wonderful today.)

Well. Today is a red-letter day for me. Firstly, I'm in synch with my new-found love, HdP Ambre 114. It's official. I'm getting a full bottle of this one. Heaven.

Secondly, I just received the divorce decree, signed by the judge. As of December 14, 2012, I will be officially not married. It's been a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong two years, and it feels wonderful to have it FINALLY done. What a great present for the holidays! G, I will definitely be raising a glass or two tonight!

A lovely Friday and wonderful weekend to you all!

Kathryn
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 16th November 2012 at 06:31 PM.
    Currently wearing: Aleksandr by Arquiste

Basenotes Plus

{{{{{{{{Jon!!!!!}}}}}}}}}

"I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

I will be raising a glass with (and to) Jon this evening, and joing Dr. G. and Foustie in doing so

Joining Mike in a 2012 discovery that I am really enjoying - Arquiste Anima Dulcis. An interesting take on gourmand, without being too sweet. Nice little spicy thing

Hello all. PG Iris Taizo 14
    DONNA
    Currently wearing: 28 La Pausa by Chanel

Good Evening,

Cheers Foustie, ExtremeK, Cello, et al !
    Great to see you, Jon. Joining you in l'heure bleue tonight - vintage EdC which a wonderful BNer sent me quite some time ago.
    Time to put my feet up and enjoy the evening.
    Best to all.

((((Jon)))))

Well, in sync with Drole De Rose..though wish it was Ambra Di Luna! But I ran out of my sample.
    Currently wearing: Sahara Noir by Tom Ford

Basenotes Institution

Not a glass-raiser, as a rule, I will be raising something this PM, with most of you, for obvious reasons.

Another heart-warming, rather than simply statistical, thread is shaping up as SotD today.

That Sinan is fabulous. A nurse at the home where I work (previously blessed with decants of Cabaret and 1876 from my stash) asked for a decant of it. Will most certainly comply, someone has to, right?

I will go and get a glass especially to raise to you all, and especially to JR, and also to Kathryn, congrats on the unwedding.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    That Sinan is fabulous. A nurse at the home where I work (previously blessed with decants of Cabaret and 1876 from my stash) asked for a decant of it. Will most certainly comply, someone has to, right?
    I can comply with a few things on your wish list @Twolf. Send me a place to send them.
    What goes around, comes around.... someone has to, right?

I have Tigress on one arm for testing. Still drying the Dzing down.
    Currently wearing: Montecristo by Masque

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Caron Pour Un Homme today
    These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha
    Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron

Good afternoon. Quick checking in. Congratulations to the Croatian generals and ExtremeK on their freedom today

Debonair Eau Dandy by smell bent today. I like this one and it doesn't even have his 'dirty musk', LOL.

Banned

Hey Robin:-)

Epic day today :-) and testing Noire Epices from Serge Lutens, it has an astonishing orange-geranium opening:-) so so fresh full and beautiful, i am orange lover

Hello again!
    I'm in sync now with Shalimar Parfum Initial.

Hi there, Jon! It's really good to see you!

And cheers to you too, gandhajala!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

I finally got my Field Notes From Paris..nearly full and got a good deal on it! Was obtained in a sale/swap before the lay-off. My first Ineke! Lol..but I was just thinking..is it kinda like tobacco and dryer sheets? lol. Oh well, kinda works for me I guess! LOL. But can't stop thinking of the dryer sheet factor, lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(((((Jon!))))) So wonderful to see you here today! I came this -II- close to wearing L'Heure Bleue, too!
    I will most certainly raise my glass to you this evening - it will contain a Manhattan. Cheers!

And cheers to you as well, ExtremeK, my glass will be raised again to commemorate your dropping of your F.

I don't know what the synch is today, but I'm sharing house with tdem1961, with Narcisse Noir.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

SOTN: Bois du Portugal

Basenotes Junkie cestrum nocturnum's Avatar

JR, good to see you back and thank you for sharing such beautiful pictures, as always!
    SotD is Dior Homme, which is actually a good sync scent too!

This morning I wore Prada Benjoin No. 9 and this evening I'm wearing Tonka Imperiale.

Mumsy, what a fantastic word, "unmarriage". Love it!! Thank you all for the encouragement you've given me along the way. This is truly a wonderful community.

My smile carnival continues unabated into the evening and so, to kick off the celebration (and to celebrate the arrival of my intact replacement decant), I am scent twins with the divine LadyM in SL Une Voix Noire. Goodness, another white floral to add to my BWF collection.

I swear, when I started on this fragrance journey, I never dreamed I would find a house that so suited me to a "T." Thanks, Uncle Serge.
    Currently wearing: Aleksandr by Arquiste

Yesterday my sister passed away from advanced lung cancer. I was with her, she passed peacefully and was loved.
    Today I woke up and had a perfume accident in which I wore both Le Labo Rose 31 which was intentional since I generally reach for rose when I need comfort and freshened up with Le Labo Vanille 44 which was a mistake, but it all worked out. Tonight I am sampling Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia, thanks to lovely Primrose who sent me a care package just in time without realizing how perfect her timing would be.
    I am dazed, but I do love you people and I know enough that beautiful scents support the heart through the ups and downs of life. Please don't feel heavy from my news, my sister is in a better place, and no longer suffering. She's the taller, pretty one in my avatar photo, I'm the cranky scowling little one.
    photo.JPG
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

heart of ice

Today was a crappy day to end an equally crappy week ... Tried to cheer up with Sweet Redemption, one of my big loves of the past year.

Jon, good to see you!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Lifelong Sniffaholic
    Blog Entries

((rtamara)), I'm sorry for your loss, although I understand how you feel about your sister's no longer suffering. You have had too many losses this past year.

((shades)) Then thank goodness the week is over! I hope you can find something restorative to do this weekend.

((((rtamara41)))) so sorry to hear, big hugs to you.

(((shades)))

I'm very sorry for your loss, rtamara. My thoughts and best wishes are with you at this difficult time.

Basenotes Plus

Renee, I'm so sorry - sending my condolences and thinking of you and yours.
    Jon. xxx
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 17th November 2012 at 07:04 AM.

Cow Tipper Extraordinaire

Blog Entries

Thoughts, prayers and hugs Rtamara
    These things cannot be long hidden: the Sun, the Moon, the Truth--Buddha
    Currently wearing: Yatagan by Caron