Code of Conduct
    Banned

Default SOTD happy Friday 16th November 2012

helloooooooo

goood morning

we in Croatia have reason to celebrate today , and in this happy spirit my scent for today is

Homage Amouage

Default Re: SOTD happy Friday 16th November 2012

Good morning!
    ..VC&A PH

Excuse my ignorance but what are you celebrating in Croatia?
    - a country I love to visit, by the way!

Wearing Guerlain Idylle EDT.
    A woman without perfume is like a flower without a scent.

Wearing L'Agent by Agent Provocateur for the first time. Very sensual sweet rosy perfume.

Goooooood morning iivanita! Thank You for starting our day in such a cheery way!

Welcome Cindyrella!

Etro Patchouli today, for our discoveries of 2012 Friday synch. I am really loving this.

Happy celebrating iivanita - what's the occasion? Hello cindyrella - nice choice. I like L'Agent too.

Synching in Cuir Ottoman, a new love discovered in 2012, although released a few years ago.

Have a lovely day all!

I just looked up Croatia and it looks beautiful there.

I'm Dzing for the synch this morning. What a morning start.....

Morning All,

Not to sound like a lush (it is only 10.00am), but Cheers ! to everyone who'll be enjoying a glass of something this evening, especially Mr. JR whom I know is no stranger to the odd tipple

Vintage No.5 EdP today.

Have a lovely Friday, gang.

Tea For Two.
    I don't know much about medicine, but I know what I like. -- S.J. Perelman

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kewart View Post
    Excuse my ignorance but what are you celebrating in Croatia?
    - a country I love to visit, by the way!

Wearing Guerlain Idylle EDT.
    its a huge,huge day our 2 generals got released from the Hague, after sitting in the jail for 7 and more years completely innocent, and after years of long lawsuit, it all came unexpectedly but finally the truth has won! and we are ending this chapter in the history with clean sheet

yes you should come in the summer, its not far from UK! many celebrities come, and each year they discover it as a new destination on a world map

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Creed Aventus.

Basenotes Plus

SOTD is Caron's charming, uplifting Royal Bain

Wish you all a lovely Friday!
    "I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

For the sync: there were just a few new releases this year that appealed to me on a personal level, and I would like to hugely thank Kiliwia and 30R. for having kept me in the know. The old fragrances that were re-discovered this year -- not entirely new to me but I started seeing their new facets (yes, I like them multifaceted and done with minute precision, most of you probably know by now , just like that VC&A ring featured in easyfish' post) -- included Sinan by JM Sinan and Guerlain Shalimar Ode a la Vanille (Hi, E.!), and it totally feels like another Sinan day as a SotD.

Happy Friday.

Good morning everyone Sotd is Shalimar...So not quite in synch,but at least I've really rediscovered Shalimar in 2012. Have a great day all. I'm off to work soon. Slightly nervous since I'm alone at my new job about half the shift.
    Last edited by ineespenes; 16th November 2012 at 12:02 PM.

Thumbs up Re: SOTD happy Friday 16th November 2012

Have I told you about the scent of jasmine? Have I spoken about the smell of the sea? The earth is scented. And I perfume myself to enhance what I am. That's why I can not wear a perfume that bothers me. Perfuming is an instinctive wisdom. And like all art, it requires some knowledge of yourself..."
    Clarice Lispector ( 1920-1977) - Perfumes da Terra / Earth
    Perfumes

Quote Originally Posted by iivanita View Post
    its a huge,huge day our 2 generals got released from the Hague, after sitting in the jail for 7 and more years completely innocent, and after years of long lawsuit, it all came unexpectedly but finally the truth has won! and we are ending this chapter in the history with clean sheet

yes you should come in the summer, its not far from UK! many celebrities come, and each year they discover it as a new destination on a world map
    I vote for a Friday synch in their honour to celebrate the event on behalf of Livanita.

A perfume with a Military title, or a perfume with freedom or innocence connotations.

I'm in Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense.

It's SWAPMANIA time over at Perfume Posse. Anyone will be joining the swapping party?

Hello everyone!

I'm in a bit of Azurée for tennis this morning, so not in sync ...I'll think about that later.

Y'all have a fantastic day!

That's another absolutely ravishing piece, easyfish ...what a ring! You sure know how to pick 'em.

Hi Wolfie! You smell incredible, as always!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

........Vanille Tonka, vintage

Creed - Selection Verte from sample.

Good afternoon, everyone.

Welcome to Cindyrella.

I'm in Une Voix Noire today.

No rest for the wicked... weekends are the busiest for the likes of moi ...

527465_10151138338288315_2131540876_n.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I'm there, Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by lucasai View Post
    I'm in Prada Amber Pour Homme Intense.

It's SWAPMANIA time over at Perfume Posse. Anyone will be joining the swapping party?
    Do happy

Quote Originally Posted by lucasai View Post
    I don't know about swapmania.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by easyfish View Post
    ........Vanille Tonka, vintage
    she is one of my fav!!

@Mumsy )) thank you for your open spirit

In a hurry, still testing JHAG wearing Lady Vengance
    "I guess it's like most dreams, people work hard for them, they take time, When you arrive you aren't sure if it's what you expected. Hopefully it's better, but I guess that is why people dream and choose to chase them" ~anonymous.

"You’re buying stars to shut out the light. We come alone and alone we die And no matter how hard you try I’ll always belong in the sky" ~ Marina and The Diamonds

Basenotes Institution

Happy Friday everyone. In sync in:

A.M.: Shanghai by Guerlain

Afternoon:

Anima Dulcis

Two 2012 'discoveries'!
    "You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe to unfold. That is how important you are."

-- Eckhart Tolle

Imagine by Jean Louis Vermeil

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by gandhajala View Post
    Cheers ! to everyone who'll be enjoying a glass of something this evening, especially Mr. JR whom I know is no stranger to the odd tipple

Hi all, Today I'm wearing Black Orchid by Tom Ford again. Happy Friday everyone!!!

Datura Blanche (Keiko Mecheri) for me today.
    Current Top Five:
    1. Bois des Iles--Chanel
    2. George Sand--Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier
    3. L'Ame Soeur--Divine
    4. Violet Blonde--Tom Ford
    5. Santal Blush--Tom Ford

Cuir Ottoman for me today.
    Best to all.
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

Hello JON!!

I will raise a glass to you tonight!! Cheers!

YR Rose Absolue today.

Jon Rodgers, hellooooooo!!! So nice to see you again. We've missed you.

LadyM, I received my decant of Une Voix Noire a couple of weeks ago, but it arrived broken. It's been filling my apartment with the most fabulous smell, though, as I await my new decant. Lush, dark, and lovely. I LOOOOOVE it!! (So, you smell wonderful today.)

Well. Today is a red-letter day for me. Firstly, I'm in synch with my new-found love, HdP Ambre 114. It's official. I'm getting a full bottle of this one. Heaven.

Secondly, I just received the divorce decree, signed by the judge. As of December 14, 2012, I will be officially not married. It's been a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong two years, and it feels wonderful to have it FINALLY done. What a great present for the holidays! G, I will definitely be raising a glass or two tonight!

A lovely Friday and wonderful weekend to you all!

Kathryn
    Last edited by ExtremeK; 16th November 2012 at 07:31 PM.

Basenotes Plus

{{{{{{{{Jon!!!!!}}}}}}}}}

"I felt something so intense, I could only express it in a perfume." - Jacques Guerlain

I will be raising a glass with (and to) Jon this evening, and joing Dr. G. and Foustie in doing so

Joining Mike in a 2012 discovery that I am really enjoying - Arquiste Anima Dulcis. An interesting take on gourmand, without being too sweet. Nice little spicy thing

Hello all. PG Iris Taizo 14
    DONNA

Good Evening,

Cheers Foustie, ExtremeK, Cello, et al !
    Great to see you, Jon. Joining you in l'heure bleue tonight - vintage EdC which a wonderful BNer sent me quite some time ago.
    Time to put my feet up and enjoy the evening.
    Best to all.

((((Jon)))))

Well, in sync with Drole De Rose..though wish it was Ambra Di Luna! But I ran out of my sample.

Not a glass-raiser, as a rule, I will be raising something this PM, with most of you, for obvious reasons.

Another heart-warming, rather than simply statistical, thread is shaping up as SotD today.

That Sinan is fabulous. A nurse at the home where I work (previously blessed with decants of Cabaret and 1876 from my stash) asked for a decant of it. Will most certainly comply, someone has to, right?

I will go and get a glass especially to raise to you all, and especially to JR, and also to Kathryn, congrats on the unwedding.

Quote Originally Posted by Twolf View Post
    That Sinan is fabulous. A nurse at the home where I work (previously blessed with decants of Cabaret and 1876 from my stash) asked for a decant of it. Will most certainly comply, someone has to, right?
    I can comply with a few things on your wish list @Twolf. Send me a place to send them.
    What goes around, comes around.... someone has to, right?

I have Tigress on one arm for testing. Still drying the Dzing down.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Caron Pour Un Homme today
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon

Good afternoon. Quick checking in. Congratulations to the Croatian generals and ExtremeK on their freedom today

Debonair Eau Dandy by smell bent today. I like this one and it doesn't even have his 'dirty musk', LOL.

Banned

Hey Robin:-)

Epic day today :-) and testing Noire Epices from Serge Lutens, it has an astonishing orange-geranium opening:-) so so fresh full and beautiful, i am orange lover

Hello again!
    I'm in sync now with Shalimar Parfum Initial.

Hi there, Jon! It's really good to see you!

And cheers to you too, gandhajala!
    Science is not only compatible with spirituality, it is a profound source of spirituality. When we recognize our place in an immensity of light-years and in the passage of ages, when we grasp the intricacy, beauty, and subtlety of life, then that soaring feeling, that sense of elation and humility combined, is surely spiritual. ..Carl Sagan

I finally got my Field Notes From Paris..nearly full and got a good deal on it! Was obtained in a sale/swap before the lay-off. My first Ineke! Lol..but I was just thinking..is it kinda like tobacco and dryer sheets? lol. Oh well, kinda works for me I guess! LOL. But can't stop thinking of the dryer sheet factor, lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images

(((((Jon!))))) So wonderful to see you here today! I came this -II- close to wearing L'Heure Bleue, too!
    I will most certainly raise my glass to you this evening - it will contain a Manhattan. Cheers!

And cheers to you as well, ExtremeK, my glass will be raised again to commemorate your dropping of your F.

I don't know what the synch is today, but I'm sharing house with tdem1961, with Narcisse Noir.

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

SOTN: Bois du Portugal

JR, good to see you back and thank you for sharing such beautiful pictures, as always!
    SotD is Dior Homme, which is actually a good sync scent too!

This morning I wore Prada Benjoin No. 9 and this evening I'm wearing Tonka Imperiale.

Mumsy, what a fantastic word, "unmarriage". Love it!! Thank you all for the encouragement you've given me along the way. This is truly a wonderful community.

My smile carnival continues unabated into the evening and so, to kick off the celebration (and to celebrate the arrival of my intact replacement decant), I am scent twins with the divine LadyM in SL Une Voix Noire. Goodness, another white floral to add to my BWF collection.

I swear, when I started on this fragrance journey, I never dreamed I would find a house that so suited me to a "T." Thanks, Uncle Serge.

Yesterday my sister passed away from advanced lung cancer. I was with her, she passed peacefully and was loved.
    Today I woke up and had a perfume accident in which I wore both Le Labo Rose 31 which was intentional since I generally reach for rose when I need comfort and freshened up with Le Labo Vanille 44 which was a mistake, but it all worked out. Tonight I am sampling Estee Lauder Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia, thanks to lovely Primrose who sent me a care package just in time without realizing how perfect her timing would be.
    I am dazed, but I do love you people and I know enough that beautiful scents support the heart through the ups and downs of life. Please don't feel heavy from my news, my sister is in a better place, and no longer suffering. She's the taller, pretty one in my avatar photo, I'm the cranky scowling little one.
    photo.JPG
    "Like a lobster with a pearl in its claw, the beet held the jasmine firmly without crushing or obscuring it. Beet lifted jasmine, the way a bullnecked partner lifts a ballerina, and the pair came on stage on citron's fluty cue. As if jasmine were a collection of beautiful paintings, beet hung it in the galleries of the nose, insured it against fire or theft, threw a party to celebrate it. Citron mailed the invitations." Jitterbug Perfume by Tom Robbins p. 189

What I am loving right now: Shalimar vintage extrait, Chanel Bois des Iles, Chanel no. 22, Le Labo Iris 39, Guerlain Iris Ganache

Today was a crappy day to end an equally crappy week ... Tried to cheer up with Sweet Redemption, one of my big loves of the past year.

Jon, good to see you!
    I've trademarked the color bleu

Blog Entries

((rtamara)), I'm sorry for your loss, although I understand how you feel about your sister's no longer suffering. You have had too many losses this past year.

((shades)) Then thank goodness the week is over! I hope you can find something restorative to do this weekend.

((((rtamara41)))) so sorry to hear, big hugs to you.

(((shades)))

I'm very sorry for your loss, rtamara. My thoughts and best wishes are with you at this difficult time.

Basenotes Plus

Renee, I'm so sorry - sending my condolences and thinking of you and yours.
    Jon. xxx
    Last edited by JON RODGERS; 17th November 2012 at 08:04 AM.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Thoughts, prayers and hugs Rtamara
    'Those who grow too big for their pants will be exposed in the end'--anon