Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Lovescully's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dulwich Hill, Sydney, NSW
    Posts
    267

    Default Essenza di Zegna - is this now discontinued?

    Hi all,

    One of my all time favourite top five frags seems to be becoming much more scarce these days and I was curious whether or not anyone was aware of it's demise?
    Essenza di Zegna is no longer being promoted on Zegna's international website. I've also noticed a distinct lack of places whereby someone from Sydney Australia might come across this gem. Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Lovescully; 16th November 2012 at 11:31 AM. Reason: typo

  2. #2

    Default Re: Essenza di Zegna - is this now discontinued?

    They've completely ruined the line in my opinion. Not only was Essenza di Zegna a good scent, but so was Z Extreme. I think there was someone based in Australia selling these on the B/S/T forum, but the shipping charges to the UK were just too much.

    I'd also like to know for sure if they're discontinued and so far it does look like that's the case

  3. #3
    Lovescully's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dulwich Hill, Sydney, NSW
    Posts
    267

    Default Re: Essenza di Zegna - is this now discontinued?

    Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    They've completely ruined the line in my opinion. Not only was Essenza di Zegna a good scent, but so was Z Extreme. I think there was someone based in Australia selling these on the B/S/T forum, but the shipping charges to the UK were just too much.

    I'd also like to know for sure if they're discontinued and so far it does look like that's the case
    What a crying shame if you're right! Both Z Extreme & Essenza were amongst my favourite designer frags!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Essenza di Zegna - is this now discontinued?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovescully View Post
    What a crying shame if you're right! Both Z Extreme & Essenza were amongst my favourite designer frags!
    Yes, they got too little hype around here than they deserved. I think one of the larger names bought out Zegna fragrances recently. Not sure who.... could it be YSL? Someone is bound to chime in any time soon and confirm that or correct me.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Essenza di Zegna - is this now discontinued?

    Can't share the love , but Essenza has gone.

  6. #6
    hednic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    McLean, NYC, & B˙zios
    Posts
    77,563

    Default Re: Essenza di Zegna - is this now discontinued?

    If it's true, glad I have my bottle then.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Essenza di Zegna - is this now discontinued?

    I liked it for a brief time. I tried it at a Nordie's and fell for it several years ago. Just got tired of it and I won't miss it. I will say to my nose it smelled very euro and rich.

  8. #8
    Lovescully's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dulwich Hill, Sydney, NSW
    Posts
    267

    Default Re: Essenza di Zegna - is this now discontinued?

    Quote Originally Posted by rum View Post
    Yes, they got too little hype around here than they deserved. I think one of the larger names bought out Zegna fragrances recently. Not sure who.... could it be YSL? Someone is bound to chime in any time soon and confirm that or correct me.
    Well I've written to Zegna today just to confirm. As soon as I have a response, I'll post.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Essenza di Zegna - is this now discontinued?

    It was my pre BN go-to fragrance, but I have't seen it on the shelves for some time now.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lovescully View Post
    Well I've written to Zegna today just to confirm. As soon as I have a response, I'll post.
    Oh thanks for that. Would be interested to see what their response is.

    It was one of those fragrances that could be a signature scent, was fairly unique, yet wasn't niche.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Essenza di Zegna - is this now discontinued?

    From my understanding all curreny Zegna fragrances are no longer in production and being phased out. The Aramis division of Lauder has taken over the fragrance line they are in the process of launching a new men's fragrance called Zegna Uomo that comes in a tall glass monolithic bottle.

    Here is some info


    http://moodiereport.com/document.php...9&doc_id=33090

  12. #12

    Default Re: Essenza di Zegna - is this now discontinued?

    So that's what that feels like
    We want a 'Niche' forum.

  13. #13
    Lovescully's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dulwich Hill, Sydney, NSW
    Posts
    267

    Default Re: Essenza di Zegna - is this now discontinued?

    Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    From my understanding all curreny Zegna fragrances are no longer in production and being phased out. The Aramis division of Lauder has taken over the fragrance line they are in the process of launching a new men's fragrance called Zegna Uomo that comes in a tall glass monolithic bottle.

    Here is some info

    http://moodiereport.com/document.php...9&doc_id=33090
    Thanks for the info. Although I'm always excited for a new fragrance, this seems like quite a departure from the current Zegna line and with bergamot being the only note mentioned, I'm not getting my hopes up. I will be very dissapointed if all Zegna's current frags are discontinued - I wear Z Zegna, Z Zegna Extreme and Essenza lots and quite like Colonia, Intenso and Forte as well. It will be interesting to hear more about this as the launch of Uomo gets closer.

    Still no official word from Zegna.com though!

  14. #14

    Default Re: Essenza di Zegna - is this now discontinued?

    Quote Originally Posted by scentimus View Post
    From my understanding all curreny Zegna fragrances are no longer in production and being phased out. The Aramis division of Lauder has taken over the fragrance line they are in the process of launching a new men's fragrance called Zegna Uomo that comes in a tall glass monolithic bottle.

    Here is some info


    http://moodiereport.com/document.php...9&doc_id=33090
    Thanks

    BTW -- Zegna Uomo is vile

  15. #15
    Lovescully's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dulwich Hill, Sydney, NSW
    Posts
    267

    Default Re: Essenza di Zegna - is this now discontinued?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaern View Post
    Thanks

    BTW -- Zegna Uomo is vile
    Oh dear, that is not good news. Still no official response from Zegna, but based on Kaern's description of Uomo, I think my mind's made up to stock up on any Essenza, Z Zegna or Extreme's that I can find!

  16. #16
    Lovescully's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dulwich Hill, Sydney, NSW
    Posts
    267

    Default Re: Essenza di Zegna - is this now discontinued?

    Well I finally got an official response from Zegna; although note that this response has come directly from the Sydney Australia store:

    "Thank you for enquiry regarding our Essenza de Zegna fragrance. Unfortunately this scent has been discontinued and I’m afraid we only have the body wash in store available in store. I would like to recommend Zegna Colonia perhaps as a replacement scent as it has similar tones to Essenza de Zegna. Should you like to purchase the last remaining two bottles we have in store, please don’t hesitate to contact us on the details below."

    So there you have it. At least in Australia this is discontinued.
    My current top 10 (subject to change) in no particular order:

    Rive Gauche Pour Homme, Serge Lutens Cuir Mauresque, Armani Prive' Nuances,
    Armani Prive' Bois d'Encens, Ermenegildo Zegna Indonesian Oud, Essenza de Zegna, Amouage Beloved Man, Fahrenheit Le Parfum, Dior La Collection Couturier Vetiver, and Rasikh Syed Junaid Alam.

Similar Threads

  1. Essenza di Zegna
    By SJT in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 8th September 2009, 06:12 PM
  2. Essenza Di Zegna
    By conehead in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 24th January 2006, 12:00 AM
  3. Essenza di Zegna
    By ryydman in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 3rd August 2005, 08:27 PM
  4. Essenza di Zegna
    By Timothy in forum Male Fragrance Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 1st July 2005, 04:10 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •