Code of Conduct

Default I really like YSL L'Homme BUT I need something that lasts longer

Hi everyone,
    With a few EDT samples from Nordstrom I've been thrust into the world of men's fragrances. So far I have tried a few fragrances and I really like YSL L'homme. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to last for more than three or four hours.

Are there any similar scents that last all day? Or does this type of scent generally die down quickly?

any recommendations appreciated

Default Re: I really like YSL L'Homme BUT I need something that lasts longer

I feel you, man. L'homme is on the sweeter side, so I might try 1 Million by paco robanne.
    I think anything that lacks deep basenotes has longevity issues. Great thread; I am curious myself to see what people suggest. Are you open to trying things a little more pricey?

Quote Originally Posted by Nosebud View Post
    I feel you, man. L'homme is on the sweeter side, so I might try 1 Million by paco robanne.
    I think anything that lacks deep basenotes has longevity issues. Great thread; I am curious myself to see what people suggest. Are you open to trying things a little more pricey?
    Possibly, if I really like the scent. I guess I like the citrus smell of l'homme with its masculine base notes. But I could imagine this "profile" will have longevity issues because of isn't very imposing or strong.

I like that l'homme is understated and not imposing. Unfortunately it might mean I have to apply it throughout the day.

Acqua di Gio

Carbone de Balmain

Anvers 2 makes a good substitute for YSL L'Homme. Similar feel, higher quality, better longevity.
    "It's not what you look like when you're doing what you're doing; it's what you're doing when you're doing what you look like you're doing."

Kenzo Power EDT

Great Scent!
    Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Carbone de Balmain

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

YSL L'Homme Concentrate is like an intense version that last much longer and the sillage is much better.
    Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity - COCO CHANEL

Geir Ness

Get it's darker brother La Nuit, it lasts twice as long and has stronger sillage...

CologneFan85

Try Libre is you like lavender