Code of Conduct

Default Please help find a replacement for Calvin(blue bottle, original)

I have found a couple bottles here and there, but soon the well will run dry.

Default Re: Please help find a replacement for Calvin(blue bottle, original)

Nothing? aww, shucks.

Really? Nothing? I'm on my own?

50 views from people who probably have the answer, yet no one will help me?

I shall now weep.

I have no answer.. But I checked back to see if someone helped. What does Calvin smell like? Do you have any notes?

Ummm.......I am sort of a neophyte at this. Lemme research a bit.

Calvin Cologne by Calvin Klein, Launched by the design house of calvin klein in 1981, calvin is classified as a sharp, spicy, lavender, amber fragrance. This masculine scent possesses a blend of forest notes of oakmoss, woods and citrus.

So I went and typed the notes into the BN database to find other fumes (I know next to nothing about masculines). Everything is relative to the rest of the ingredients, but I did find one that has all the notes you listed. It's called Annuci Man. On the classic front, Capucci pour Homme has nothing but positive reviews and has amber and lavender. Sean John Unforgivable had some note matches, too, but maybe you've already smelled it. My DH kinda likes that one.
    You should check out the directory! There's a wealth of info in there. I just picked out three that happened to jump out at me. There are a few reviews of Calvin on here, but unfortunately no comparisons. I hope this helps some.
    Last edited by Sunnyfunny; 11th March 2010 at 06:47 AM. Reason: cleaning up grammar

That is so kind of you. THANKS! I will research Annuci Man, as it sounds like a close enough match.

Again, much appreciated.

Bill

There's no replacement for this - I really, really wish they'd put it back into production.

Perhaps if we all started an online petition, Bakerloo?

By the way, i went to college in Boston. Crazy town!

Dana Musk

Quote Originally Posted by Dimitrios View Post
    Dana Musk
    Really? I'll look into it. THANKS!

Is Monsieur Dana Musk the same thing?

You can still get it on Ebay. Just search for "Calvin cologne original." Little pricey though.

Quote Originally Posted by DEMON View Post
    Is Monsieur Dana Musk the same thing?
    Well? is it? tell me!

Right, well the Calvin I loved in the early 80s does not smell as good as the ones you can still find online, which most are the rereleases reintroduced in the 90s. But I found, thanks to this forum, that Old Spice a/s Fresh is pretty dead on to the original, but it has no lasting power. Cheers

Bumped for more recommendations