Code of Conduct

Default Im looking for a Scent Designer freelancer

Hi there

Im new here

Im a print/fashion designer and I looking for a scent/perfum designer to help me to develop some scents for a range of candles I would like to produce.

I believe that a scented candle range would be a fantastic, beautiful and very desirable unique addition to my fashion line. The main idea would be developing 4 original and creative scents, something special that could translate our digital prints into a distinctive and pleasant scent and even emulating 'weird, strange' notes within it. We don't want anything traditional such as musk, lavender or vanilla as main notes we would prefer to think more in abstract scents like fireworks, glass, sea salt, rubber, soil, electricity, metal and paint as example, strange but balanced, highly original, punchy, modern, and surprisingly pleasant (like CdG or nasomatto fragrances ).

I've always been fascinated by perfumes and I own more than 100 bottles ( almost all from Comme and also from Bond n9, Le Labo, L'Artisan Parfumeur, Nasomatto, Creed, Byredo, Diptyque, Aesop, Ineke, Robert Piguet and many more )

As a reference you can download the images I would like to create the scents for on the links below

Please contact me if you have interest, nose and ability to create such avant-garde scents and we can talk further

Regards,

Bruno

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/80362651/Scr...2004.28.25.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/80362651/Scr...2004.28.36.png

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Im looking for a Scent Designer freelancer

I'm not the person you're looking for but this looks like an awesome project! I'll be watching this thread.

Where are you in the world Bruno? This looks fun. I'm always up for a challenge but you would probably be better off with someone who uses aromachemicals. I lean to the naturals. I may have a play for interest anyhow.

!! Im sure it will be fun

If this is an avant garde aspect to enhance fashion. Is this a relevant thing to see some of?
    Are we thinking plastic hoods, stuffed duvet dresses and mega off the high street fashion or are we super sleek tailored fashion or are we grunge-esque?
    I was a graphic designer in a BC life, so I need to get a feel first.

Quote Originally Posted by mumsy View Post
    Where are you in the world Bruno? This looks fun. I'm always up for a challenge but you would probably be better off with someone who uses aromachemicals. I lean to the naturals. I may have a play for interest anyhow.
    Hey Mumsy - Im in London... I guess all the base and mid notes should be as pleasant as the natural ones - perhaps all the avant-garde synthetic creative play can be done with top notes only. I'm looking for very distinctive smells like the the Nasomatto Black Afgano, or Dry-Clean by Comme as example (not replicating specifically these smells) but using them as a reference for the general creative concept.....

- - - Updated - - -

I think the most important aspect of this project is to create a coherent synaesthetic relationship with the images below, of course we should take all into consideration, and the strength of my label is print design, so I envision the prints to be main influence for the scent creation

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/80362651/Scr...2004.28.25.png

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/80362651/Scr...2004.28.36.png
    Last edited by MRBB; 16th November 2012 at 11:06 PM.

Not far then. I'm often there.

I shall have a play just for complete curiosity alone. The more the merrier for you...

.... I do have a very interesting amber oil that smells like airoplane fuel....

Basenotes Plus

Post Thanks / Like

What a coincidence! Another member who joined today asked the same thing:
    http://www.basenotes.net/threads/315...t=#post2759506

What a funny coincidence! This brief is an interesting challenge for some fun perfumery for any perfumer.....

Extracts off the reviews here for a flavour of the two scent examples:-

For Dry Clean...

Dry Clean smells like fresh water, rinses and laundry detergents, metallic washing machines, rubber hoses, wet concrete floor and whiffs from the drying room.

On paper, this just doesn't add up. A truly bizarre combination of the artificial and the natural

A bizarre concoction of non-smells that actually smell quite bold. Bright and aldehydic, almost lungs expanding, kinda woody and with a strong steam iron accord. The fragrance has an overall synthetic chemical detergent vibe (trichloroethylene?) that smells exactly like your favorite gabardine suit when you get it wrapped in plastic from the dry cleaner's. For abstract, strange, conceptual and futuristic fragrance lovers only.

For Nasomatto Black Afgano...

The fragrance aims to evoke the best quality of Hashish. It is the result of a quest to arouse the effects of temporary bliss.

It covers a whole range of smokiness, from incense to marijuana. Starts quite sweet, but becomes much cleaner and fresher towards the end. Well executed in all stages.

There's some ginger and anise at first sniff, it's spicy yet subtle and I get some whiskey or is it probably the woods that are the same. Then you'll immediately get some smoky woods, like from classic fragrances, for people that have smelled hachis, yes, you will get hachis, not burned hachis and then something green very subtle as well in the mid notes, all this very well mixed with cinnamon

Black Afgano is potent, dark featuring a bizzare combination of wet tobacco leaf, faux cedar and a bad burnt incense accord.

Here's what you're getting in a nutshell;

white ground pepper
    cloves
    cinnamon
    tobacco/smoke
    tar
    musk
    vetiver
    patchouli
    leather
    cedar/sandalwood
    and a lot of hype

Darvant said it perfectly "claustrophobia in a bottle" it's the olfactory equivalent of the London Dungeon.

wow.. these descriptions could not be more accurate - this is fantastic... i have both and i love them for very different reasons .. and black afgano is dramatic and highly theatrical indeed ... and its not unusual to have people following me just to ask what I'm wearing... its very hypnotic and addictive.

You've landed in the right place to ask any questions about fragrance you like... there is a wealth of knowledge in BN and the whole site is like a lovely family who all help each other out. Welcome in and get smelly.