Noble Cedar by Chopard
Thread: Woody Cologne
I am currently looking for a woody cologne and a Cedar colon. I have Visit by Azzarro already. I like it, but it smells too synthetic to me.
Noble Cedar by Chopard
Depends on how woody you want it. If you're looking for deep woods, you might like Norne by Slumberhouse or Italian Cyprus from Tom Ford's Private Blends. Light woody is a different, but I own and enjoy Aventus (the cedar note is awesome), as well as Terre d'Hermes (though, again, it's not heavy on woods).
Comme de Garcons's Hikoki, but probably not a blind buy as it can be a bit polarizing and the steamy hinokiburo notes in the opening might be a bit offputting for some, or Sequoia.
Tam Dao - Cedar & Sandalwood.
Designer: Terre d'Hermes by Hermes (dry ceder and sharp orange/grapefruit with monster longevity and excellent projection from the edt) and Cacharel pour L'Homme by Cacharel (cedar and sandalwood... sublime)
Niche: Padparadscha by Satellite (a smouldering spicy scent with a gorgeous slightly sweet sandalwood base) and Maestrale by Profumi di Pantelleria (a gorgeous cedar and rhubarb scent with a effervescent vetiver base)
Current Top Favorites:
1) Portrait of a Lady original formula (EdP Frédéric Malle)
2) Giorgio for Men vintage/V.I.P. for Men (Giorgio Beverly Hills)
3) Dia Man vintage edt (Amouage)
4) Anat Fritz Original Formula and Classical (Anat Fritz) - tie
4) Lalfeorosa (O'driù) - tie
6) Les Nombres d'Or Vetyver (Mona di Orio)
7) Captain vintage (Molyneux)
8) Tzora (Anat Fritz)
9) Javanese Patchouli (Zegna) - tie
9) Monsieur de Givenchy vintage (Givenchy) - tie
9) Coeur de Vetiver Sacré (L'Artisan) - tie
9) Polo vintage (Ralph Lauren) - tie
9) Patou pour Homme Privé (Jean Patou) - tie
9) Oud Shamash (The Different Company) - tie
tom ford oud wood is my favorite woody frag
DuNezDeBuzier, I must completely agree with you. I absolutely adore Gucci Pour Homme I. It breaks my heart that it is discontinued and very difficult, let alone expensive, to buy.
Most Dsquared scents
Sandalwood by Crabtree&Evelyn
Live Jazz by YSL
Kenzo pour Homme Boisee
Montale dark aoud. Manly. Deep. Dark. Wood.
In addition to Gucci pour Homme, Hinoki, and Dark Aoud, check out Comme des Garçons Kyoto, Le Labo Santal 33, Frederic Malle French Lover (aka Bois d'Orage) and to stretch out a bit, Amouage Memoir Man (which gets quite woody in the later dry down).