Code of Conduct

Default Question regarding pineapple note in Mont Blanc Legend...

How prominent is the pineapple note in Mont Blanc Legend? I cant find it anywhere to test. People say it smells like Fierce and Platinum Egoiste but neither of those have pineapple. Do they all really smell that similar?

Also, is it that overly sweet gag inducing pineapple like in Aventus or more subtle? Aventus smells good for like 30 seconds and then it gets nauseating. :\

Default Re: Question regarding pineapple note in Mont Blanc Legend...

IMO not very prominent.

kk cool thanks

It's much closer to Fierce than it is to Platinum and I didn't get any similarities to Aventus at all, but I will compare the 2 side by side tomorrow. I get more apple than pineapple
    -Cologne is the only fashionable thing that fits me! (Me, circa 1997-present)
    http://www.youtube.com/860cologne

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOpera View Post
    It's much closer to Fierce than it is to Platinum and I didn't get any similarities to Aventus at all, but I will compare the 2 side by side tomorrow. I get more apple than pineapple
    I agree, except that I get no apples at all. Its 70% fierce, 30% platinum. I wore Legend yesterday as my sotd.

I love Legend. I get a crisp, fruity(ish) vibe in the opening, but nothing prominent like apple or pineapple. Definitely nothing like Aventus (on me).
    "We don't fail because we aim too high and miss, but because we aim too low and hit" - Les Brown

"Sometimes we need to suffer just so we can look at our lives and know we're for real" - Francis Chan

Quote Originally Posted by Teach13 View Post
    I love Legend. I get a crisp, fruity(ish) vibe in the opening, but nothing prominent like apple or pineapple. Definitely nothing like Aventus (on me).
    Agreed. I don't detect any pineapple and it's not at all like Aventus. It's sort of fruity in the beginning, but to me it's more of a classy vanilla/tonka fragrance than anything else.

Smelled legend last week and I liked it a lot... Kept smelling it because it seemed so familiar... It smelled very very similar to fierce to me(maybe that's why I liked it ... And I don't smell pineapple in fierce...

If I didn't have fierce I might try legend... But I think I read on here it doesn't last as long as fierce, but cheaper... Both smell good though

And platinum egoiste... My nose still can't pick up the similarities. I only really started getting into fragrances fragrances last year though... But to me no similarities to egoiste.

I often wonder if, by pineapple, they're referring to the smell of a whole pineapple before being cut into. Aventus has a note that smells like the inside edible juicy part of a pineapple, which is what I think of when I think of pineapple. I smell none of that in most scents that list pineapple, including Legend.

I like Legend. But I smell no pineapple in it.
    In my swap list: Gucci Pour Homme (2003) BNIB.
    I'm looking for Reflection Man or Andy Warhol (silver bottle w/Andy's face)