Code of Conduct

Default Molecule 01 - how many sprays?

I know how many sprays threads are rough because everyone has different goals with their scents, but this elusive scent I feel deserves the question. I just got a decant and want to test it out. Don't want to under spray and not smell at all but not overspray and overwhelm others when I can't smell.

Default Re: Molecule 01 - how many sprays?

Three Sprays IMO.

A tip I received from a fellow basenotes member(can't remember who): Try 1 spray 1st, wait 10-15min, then try another spray; it helps enhance the overall aura/effectiveness of the fragrance.

It actually works, I now wash my bathroom w/ detergents the same way
    On Sillage:

If someone can smell me at more than an arm's length away, I'm probably wearing too much of whatever I applied; if she can distinctly make out the top notes, then perhaps I left the house a bit too soon..

On icebreaker:

I tend to compliment people on their frags to make short talks rather than anything more meaningful.

┐Si o No?

1 or 2 sprays works with this one, since it has an interesting way of projecting. As others have noted, you may not smell it at first (I personally don't have this problem).

With Molecule 01, my preference is one spray to the back of the neck. It creates a projection bubble around you, and the back of the neck puts this bubble half way between you and whoever is behind you, but is not overdone. Works well. BTW, on the wishlist. Excellent fragrance!
    My 3 Signature Scents:

Rive Gauche Light (2004)
    Fahrenheit (1988)
    Paul Smith Man (2009)

Quote Originally Posted by googl.plex1 View Post
    A tip I received from a fellow basenotes member(can't remember who): Try 1 spray 1st, wait 10-15min, then try another spray; it helps enhance the overall aura/effectiveness of the fragrance.

It actually works, I now wash my bathroom w/ detergents the same way
    I find this intriguing and will try it out. But what is the mechanism by which this would be more effective than 2 initial sprays?

2 sprays max.

Any more and you're asking for a headache... at least thats the case for me.

I only have one of those tiny sample spray vials, but I use three sprays from it, which probably means that from a real bottle I'd go with two.

It seems that many have trouble smelling this one on their skin. I can definitely smell it, but every now and then, I realize it's stronger than I think it is. I woke up once in the middle of the night and was blown away by how strong the smell was. I'd only used 3 sprays earlier in the day, but I smelled like I'd bathed in it.

Molecule 01 is a prime candidate for olfactory fatigue.
    "Follow your nose. It always knows." -- Toucan Sam

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Three Sprays IMO.

I have seen you say you do 3 sprays of everything. I was going to ask you in a PM, but it won't let me...where do you normally spray to be able to smell them all day?

I am also intrigued by this one. I look forward to giving this a try.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

"I've been everywhere but the electric chair seen everything but the wind."..

I personally wear 1-2 sprays of this. In spite of its tame, smooth character, its quite a beast.
    Is the juice worth the squeeze?

As much as you like