Code of Conduct

Default Help! Is this deal 'Too Good to be True' for LIDGE? Am I missing something?

After surviving on a decant, I'm finally ready to spring for a full bottle of L'instant de Guerlain pour homme Extreme. It's simply an amazing fragrance, albeit not very accessible here in the states. After digging around a little bit trying to find a reasonable price, I ended up stumbling upon a local wholesaler, who does business online, but their warehouse actually happens to be in that same town I live in (which is extremely rare...I mean, what are the chances of that in this great big world?), where I could purchase it. My only concern is, it seems like it's a "too good to be true" price at:

$43 per bottle.

It's a new-in-sealed-box item, and after doing a bit more research, I did determine that it appears to be Guerlains' original packaging for LIDGE (which was updated in 2008), so it makes it of pre-2008 stock.

Is there anything else I'm not thinking of? Has anyone ever heard of being able to purchase LIDGE in this price range? Do you think this is just a rare deal they got their hands on because it's pre-2008 stock? Should I jump on this deal and purchase a couple of bottles, or am I better off playing it "safe", but paying at least twice as much for more current stock? Normally, I don't have a problem making these decisions, but I've just never seen LIDGE for this price, so I guess I'm just confused.

Thanks (in advance) for any help, insight or advice you may be able to offer!

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Help! Is this deal 'Too Good to be True' for LIDGE? Am I missing something?

Wow, that's a phenomenal price! Do they have website I could purchase from them? The only thing you have to worry about is that the box was repackaged with a fake product. I've bought an item containing a legitimate box (sealed) only to find out the product was fake. I've never heard of a fake LIDGE though so you should be fine.

Default Re: Help! Is this deal 'Too Good to be True' for LIDGE? Am I missing something?

I'd jump on it. Just make sure you have the ability to return it if it turns out to be suspicious.

Post Thanks / Like

Just be careful it's not the regular L'Instant.

That price sounds about right for the non extreme version.

Sounds to good to be true though in this case I think it's worth the risk.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I'd risk it, so long as I am given the option to return if not satisfied. At that price, get yourself a few bottles.

Post Thanks / Like

Do it. Sounds like a wholesale price plus.
    My Favorites
    1a. Slumberhouse Zahd
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Amouage Tribute Attar
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Bond No.9 New York Oud
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Quote Originally Posted by mlsweeney View Post
    Wow, that's a phenomenal price! Do they have website I could purchase from them?
    Yes, they do...but I have no idea how many they have in stock, so I want to make sure I can secure at least one before I give anyone else the link. (greedy of me, I know...sorry) Once I'm set, I can message you the link.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    I'd jump on it. Just make sure you have the ability to return it if it turns out to be suspicious.
    Yes, they have a 30 day hassle-free return policy and are local, so it shouldn't be a problem if I get it and think something's wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by 1280adam View Post
    Just be careful it's not the regular L'Instant.
    Yeah, I thought that too, but everything seems legit that it's the Extreme version.

Quote Originally Posted by senore01 View Post
    I'd risk it, so long as I am given the option to return if not satisfied. At that price, get yourself a few bottles.
    Haha, yeah, I'd probably clean them out if I could, but money's tight and there are others I'd like to purchase as well, so the most I'll probably get is 2...but I'll probably just take the great deal and get one.

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fit&frag'd View Post
    Yes, they do...but I have no idea how many they have in stock, so I want to make sure I can secure at least one before I give anyone else the link. (greedy of me, I know...sorry) Once I'm set, I can message you the link.
    Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

So how many people you've never had any interaction with whatsoever just PMed you with, " Hey, where'd you find the LIDGE?"

Take my advice: Don't tell them a thing.

Go for it! If they have a good return policy, you have nothing to lose.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    So how many people you've never had any interaction with whatsoever just PMed you with, " Hey, where'd you find the LIDGE?"

Take my advice: Don't tell them a thing.
    Haha!

I used to do that