Code of Conduct

Default Poorly Worded Perfume Review of the Day....

gotta have this... smells like my dad in the 1950's... only with more sex
    Rating:*****
    from--ghostranchguy

Found on Luckyscent.com in reference to Eccelso Eau de Parfum by Profumum.

Default Re: Poorly Worded Perfume Review of the Day....

My fave is when people refer to fumes as bug spray..I mean, come on...try a little harder?
    "One gives freely, yet grows all the richer; another withholds what he should give, and only suffers want." Proverbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Buysblind View Post
    from--ghostranchguy

Yeah.....that is certainly poorly worded. Unless he really meant what he wrote ( that is, he found the smell of his father to be sexy or musky in an animalic kinda way).

Quote Originally Posted by kalli View Post
    My fave is when people refer to fumes as bug spray..I mean, come on...try a little harder?
    I read this one all the the time as well Kalli. It annoys me and I read it here on Basenotes. Its come to the point where it is just plain annoying. Its almost like a ubiquitous term to use when the accords rub you the wrong way. I've smelled bug spray. I never smelled anything like any of those perfumes being referred to as smelling like bug spray.
    Seeking: Bottles/decants : of Feeling Man, Gucci pour Homme, Essence of John Galliano, Nicole Miller (vintage), Opium pour Homme, Oxford & Cambridge...etc.

Seeking decant/sample of Jil Sander Feeling Man, Cacharel Nemo, Bijan for Men EDC, Lanvin for Men, Giorgio VIP, Il Lancetti and other old school frags ....etc. I have samples to swap.

More HERE
    Please PM me !

from--ghostranchguy

Not creating a pleasant mental image.

Quote Originally Posted by hednic View Post
    Not creating a pleasant mental image.
    Hahaha

for swap/sale:

Quote Originally Posted by Surfacing View Post

I read this one all the the time as well Kalli. It annoys me and I read it here on Basenotes. Its come to the point where it is just plain annoying. Its almost like a ubiquitous term to use when the accords rub you the wrong way. I've smelled bug spray. I never smelled anything like any of those perfumes being referred to as smelling like bug spray.
    Jean Nate DOES bear a startling resemblance to Mosquito Halt fly spray. LOL That's the only "bug spray" perfume I've ever smelled.

from--ghostranchguy

Poorly worded, but on some bizarre level, I found it quite amusing.
    Formerly known as Inselaffe

This one is from QVC UK, who are now selling some of the L'Artisan range.

When I heard the description for this perfume on air I had to purchase it as it sounded so unique. On spraying this perfume the awful smell made me feel physically sick and within minutes I had a terrible headache. Needless to say I shall be returning this perfume. It is far too expensive in my eyes for such an awful smell and very overpowering. My husband came home from work and thought I had been spraying fly spray!

It was TdB.

Strangely another review for Chasing Butterflies mentions feeling physically sick.
    DONNA

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaelee View Post
    Jean Nate DOES bear a startling resemblance to Mosquito Halt fly spray. LOL That's the only "bug spray" perfume I've ever smelled.
    And lndian Gardenia by Body Shop smells just like those citronella mosquito-repelling candles.

The one that bugs me is "rootbeer". l'm pretty sure most of us on this side of the pond have no idea what that smells like. But it must be amazing, as many of my favourite perfumes have been compared to it at some point!
    "What is this secret connection between the soul, and sea, clouds and perfumes? The soul itself appears to be sea, cloud and perfume..." - from Zorba the Greek by Nikos Kazantzakis.

Basenotes Plus

Cold rootbeer on a hot day is a treat by itself but sublime when used in an ice cream float!

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post
    And lndian Gardenia by Body Shop smells just like those citronella mosquito-repelling candles.

The one that bugs me is "rootbeer". l'm pretty sure most of us on this side of the pond have no idea what that smells like. But it must be amazing, as many of my favourite perfumes have been compared to it at some point!
    A Scent Rescuer
    Every great perfume deserves a good home

Quote Originally Posted by teardrop View Post

I LOVE citronella, but I don't want to smell like it lol. I love the smell, but I don't want people to think of mosquito repellant when they see me!!!

Rootbeer is DELICIOUS!!! If you're ever on this side of the pond you must try it. It's inexpensive and readily available. Every restaurant, grocery store and gas station has it. Birch beer and sarsparilla are similar but different.