Code of Conduct

Default Paper strip holder. Ideas?

I am looking for one of these cool looking paper strips holders. These metallic ones with small clamps for holding scented strips that you see in many pictures of perfumers´ organs and perfume workshops. Any of you have one of these? Did you buid it yourselves? Any ideas?

Default Re: Paper strip holder. Ideas?

I have several different ones, all given to me free at various perfumery events by suppliers - attend an event or two and I'm sure you'd collect some!

The sort with the clamps could be home-made using the crocodile clips sold for use in hobby-electronics. If you have some basic soldering skills that wouldn't be hard to do and could look rather cool.

I also have one that uses a spring to hold the papers and I can imagine that being easy to make too using a long narrow spring - I think I've seen those for sale in DIY shops and hobby-shops too though I can't remember what they were intended for.
    Chris Bartlett
    Perfumes from the edge . . .

www.perfumedesigner.co.uk
    Twitter: @PellWallPerfume

If you are looking for a perfumery consultation I’m happy to quote: if you want free advice, that’s what these forums are for
    You can also join my blog if you wish to ask questions of me.

Thanks again Chris. I am still a newbie and I have not yet had the opportunity to attend any of these perfumery events. They don´t do many of these in Spain either, so I will have to plan in advance when I see something interesting elsewhere in Europe. Please share when you know of something interesting in this regard.

I am currently using an ugly contraption made of clothespins, and I long for something less aesthetically challenged. Not sure if something made by my own bunch of thumbs would fulfill this requierement.

I have seen photo holders made like that in some gift shops or design stationery stores. I would not know which ones, but perhaps an internet search might find some (e.g. search for photo holder clip )

cacio
    Last edited by cacio; 17th November 2012 at 08:58 PM.

Just search Google for "pinzas cocodrilo" as chris suggested.

Ex.:

http://www.girodmedical.es/pinza-coc...ept-inmed.html

The rest is improvisation...

Those flower frogs with all the little spikes sticking up are quite good for wedging them upright on the desk. Not much cop for the nose waving in a group though. The card holders are good for that. Oasis block is ok, but puts little green dots all over your desk after a while if over pronged.

My favorite are plain pictures or card holders.
    Customized consultancy on perfume formulation, safety, training and marketing & olfactory research
    I also offer individual online personalised advice on perfume making to anyone eager to learn how to smell and design like a pro
    www.irinatudor.nl

Social platform & research network on all things smelly, daily smelly science twitter feed @SomethingSmelly
    www.somethingsmelly.com

The facts on IFRA restrictions & EU regulations

Quote Originally Posted by cacio View Post
    I have seen photo holders made like that in some gift shops or design stationery stores. I would not know which ones, but perhaps an internet search might find some (e.g. search for photo holder clip )

cacio
    I'd forgotten about the photo-holders - I've seen those about too - have a look at this one on eBay and you'll see the kind of thing. To be honest I think they are rather ugly as a solution for displaying photographs, but could be just the thing for smelling strips.
    Chris Bartlett
    Perfumes from the edge . . .

www.perfumedesigner.co.uk
    Twitter: @PellWallPerfume

If you are looking for a perfumery consultation I’m happy to quote: if you want free advice, that’s what these forums are for
    You can also join my blog if you wish to ask questions of me.

Would something like this work? The blocks are each a different color so that might help you keep track of which strip has which fragrance or formula.

http://www.sendaframe.com/new_fgalle...FcaDQgodG2gAkg

I have been using a note/letter holder.
    Solid stone base and half a dozen thin, stiff metal wires that end in coils.

Worked like a charm but eventually I got rid of it as my desktop is rather small.
    Smellin good

Thanks a lot dear friends for all your suggestions. I will explore your ideas further, and I will certainly end up with something great!