Code of Conduct

Question Creed batch variations

I have a serious question for the Creed lovers (and I mean no disrespect towards you or Creed!)

Is what I'm reading about here with Creed and batch variations true? It sounds like there are quite a few variations from one batch to the next...I understand that with natural ingredients (and I presume the frags are hand made as well?) there will be SOME variation but it sounds like it's drastic and from one batch to the next you're not sure what you're going to get.

If this is the case, what makes Creed worth it? I mean, if I were going to pay $100+ for a bottle of perfume, I would want to be *really* sure it's something I'm going to love before I buy it...I'm not sure I would be comfortable with a product that has so much variation between batches.

Am I way off the mark?

Default Re: Creed batch variations

I can only speak for myself. I personally don't pay attention to batch variations that others mention in fragrances, especially the Creeds. All the Creed fragrances I own, and I have more than 30, are all fine and I am happy with what I have. As for truth in variation, I'm sure it's true, or there wouldn't be so much made of it.

Nonthaburi (a suburban province located immediately to the north of Bangkok)
    Blog Entries

That is not the only thing notorious about Creed, there is also their fabricated history.

When you get the right batch, it is amazing.

Once I have got a bad batch of MI from official Creed counter here with no melon note in the top note at all so I am not going to buy MI again unless I know it is the right batch.
    ***My favourite from my collection***

-------- Amouage Tribute Attar
    ------ Serge Lutens: Ambre Sultan
    -------- Les Exclusifs de Chanel: Sycamore
    ------ Amouage: Fate Man
    -------- Amouage: Epic Man
    ------ Tom Ford Private Blend: Noir de Noir
    -------- Terre D'Hermès Pure Parfum
    ------ EDP FM: Carnal Flower
    -------- Neela Vermire Creations: Trayee
    ------ Dior: Leather Oud
    ------- Hermèssence: Ambre Narguilé

The only batch variation that has upset me is with Acqua Fiorentina.
    My wife and I tested it on a card and skin at Neiman Marcus and left to see how it did for the day. I ordered a 5ml sample online to make sure she liked it after a few wears and as soon as it was sprayed we got a curry note from it. I got a replacement sample from the same store (myperfumesamples) for free but it was the same thing. I trust mps and have always had good experiences with them; so I think this might be a batch issue. We really wanted to get it but now realize we might have to go pay full price after testing a batch we know, or try online with someone that is good with returns.
    I have tried multiple Aventus samples and indeed some do seem more smokey than others, and I like one more than the other, but they are both good.
    I think as long as you go to a place that has a good return policy, then everything would be fine.

Basenotes Plus

Quote Originally Posted by Nosebud View Post
    The only batch variation that has upset me is with Acqua Fiorentina.
    My wife and I tested it on a card and skin at Neiman Marcus and left to see how it did for the day. I ordered a 5ml sample online to make sure she liked it after a few wears and as soon as it was sprayed we got a curry note from it. I got a replacement sample from the same store (myperfumesamples) for free but it was the same thing. I trust mps and have always had good experiences with them; so I think this might be a batch issue. We really wanted to get it but now realize we might have to go pay full price after testing a batch we know, or try online with someone that is good with returns.
    I have tried multiple Aventus samples and indeed some do seem more smokey than others, and I like one more than the other, but they are both good.
    I think as long as you go to a place that has a good return policy, then everything would be fine.
    Are you sure that myperfumesamples sent you the re-issue version, and not the original? The original version is still out there.