Code of Conduct

Default new member and new to fragrances need help blind buy

So im new to the the fragrance world and dont have many places near me to sample some and was just wondering what are some good blind buys??
    Iv really been thinking on amen or amen malt but just wanted to get some ideas from you guys.

Some of the fragrances i like that just dont last on me

Boss bottled night

Lacoste essentials sport

Abercrombie and finch

Hollister jake

Diesel

Thanks for the help

Default Re: new member and new to fragrances need help blind buy

HiM by Hanae Mori. Welcome to basenotes.

Thanks i never would have thought id get this deep into fragance

Welcome to you! A*Men Pure Malt is very nice. If you can get it at a good price I think it's a good choice.
    Remember that while it is perfectly acceptable to criticize the content of a post - criticizing the poster is not.
    Mean spirited, nasty, snide, sarcastic, hateful, and rude individuals don't warrant or deserve other individuals' acknowledgement or respect.

Welcome govolsdeep! I wouldn't blind buy the original angel men.. definitely try before you buy. Pure malt & pure havane are better but i wouldn't recommend blind buying anything. But if you absolutely have to these are pretty safe 1. Bleu de chanel 2. La nuit de l'homme by ysl 3. Chanel allure homme sport 4. Versace pour homme 5. L'homme by ysl 6. Burberry for men 7. Mugler cologne by thierry mugler 8. (Get this one as a split) Creed aventus 9. Nautica voyage <--$20 on fragrancenet.com) 10. If you have a tjmax, marshalls or ross you can get cuba prestige for $7 and its 95% the same as angel men. And fragrancenet.com is a good place to buy.. the perfume court and surrender to chance are good places for getting samples. But most you can sample free if theres a sephora or macys in your area. Good luck! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchapalooza View Post
    Welcome govolsdeep! I wouldn't blind buy the original angel men.. definitely try before you buy. Pure malt & pure havane are better but i wouldn't recommend blind buying anything. But if you absolutely have to these are pretty safe 1. Bleu de chanel 2. La nuit de l'homme by ysl 3. Chanel allure homme sport 4. Versace pour homme 5. L'homme by ysl 6. Burberry for men 7. Mugler cologne by thierry mugler 8. (Get this one as a split) Creed aventus 9. Nautica voyage <--$20 on fragrancenet.com) 10. If you have a tjmax, marshalls or ross you can get cuba prestige for $7 and its 95% the same as angel men. And fragrancenet.com is a good place to buy.. the perfume court and surrender to chance are good places for getting samples. But most you can sample free if theres a sephora or macys in your area. Good luck! :-)
    Yes there is a sephora about a hour away do they have most these colognes to sample?and how does the amen compare as far as sent to any of the ones iv tried that i listed?

Thanks for everyones help

Pure Malt is pretty nice, but it's quite sweet, so it depends how you feel about sweetness in fragrances. I think you should give Spicebomb a try; it's also sweet but it is balanced nicely with spices.
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity.
    There is no cure for curiosity."
    - Dorothy Parker

I like Angel (A*Men) and Pure Malt!!! Welcome to Basenotes!!!

Welcome! I would say try Angel Men Pure Havane. A men's gourmand with tobacco.
    "No sweet perfume ever tortured me more than this." Desert Rose by Sting and Cheb Mami, Album 1999.

Quote Originally Posted by govolsdeep View Post
    Yes there is a sephora about a hour away do they have most these colognes to sample?and how does the amen compare as far as sent to any of the ones iv tried that i listed?

Yea except for creed aventus and mugler cologne maybe.. neiman marcus is the only place that carries creed frags.. but macys has most thierry mugler frags usually. And at sephora they'll make you samples of whatever fragrances you like. And amen is nothing like any of the frags you listed. It has this tar like top note that is a deal breaker for me.. they say it gets better in the drydown but i just couldn't do it haha.. i know macys has amen.. idk about sephora.
    Last edited by Mitchapalooza; 12th October 2014 at 05:56 AM.

I blind bought pure havane, no regrets there!!