Code of Conduct

Default First ever blind buy! Karl Lagerfeld...

...Kapsule Woody

Was this a wise move?

I spotted a 75ml (2.5oz) EDT in a local indie fragrance house and snapped it up for £17.99 after quickly checking in on BN and learning it is the work of Oliver Cresp - the man behind some very notable frags including a couple of my favourites!

It currently still resides in cellophane while I gather the opinions of fellow Basenoters. That way, I can always return it if it transpires that I've bought a complete turkey!

Thanks.

Default Re: First ever blind buy! Karl Lagerfeld...

Quote Originally Posted by voodoodanny View Post
    ...Kapsule Woody

Was this a wise move?

I spotted a 75ml (2.5oz) EDT in a local indie fragrance house and snapped it up for £17.99 after quickly checking in on BN and learning it is the work of Oliver Cresp - the man behind some very notable frags including a couple of my favourites!

It currently still resides in cellophane while I gather the opinions of fellow Basenoters. That way, I can always return it if it transpires that I've bought a complete turkey!

Thanks.
    Hate to say it but i really didnt like it, i had a sample and found it far from woody, just a generic tangy fruity musky smell.

I did ot like it either. But i must say Lagerfeld, Photo is amazing. It smells very much like a Film Noir movie would smell like, its dark and the notes dance around darkly.

Quote Originally Posted by "Scentapede" View Post
    I did ot like it either. But i must say Lagerfeld, Photo is amazing. It smells very much like a Film Noir movie would smell like, its dark and the notes dance around darkly.
    D'oh! I could have bought Photo even cheaper too! Hmm, maybe I still will - I'm getting more and more into to the 'darker' juices.

I did not like it either.
    Nor did I

Quote Originally Posted by voodoodanny View Post
    D'oh! I could have bought Photo even cheaper too! Hmm, maybe I still will - I'm getting more and more into to the 'darker' juices.
    Believe me theres prob more out there than you think, dont be fooled by the bottle either, most "dark" fragrances are just made to look "dark" somehow they dont really smell it. Look out for oud notes, lots of woods, incense, cedar etc

I have Photo and I find it very forgettable. Reminds me a bit of Jazz. I wouldn't call it dark.