Code of Conduct

Default Question about "Caron Pour Un Homme"

Hi, I had a question about the Caron Pour Un Homme cologne which is mainly Lavender/Vanilla. If anyone remembers, there was a laundry detergent made by Tide that was available a year or two ago called "Tide Simple Pleasures - Vanilla & Lavender". It also came in a fabric softener which was made by Downey.

If anyone used this laundry detergent or fabric softener and has also used the Caron Pour Un Homme, do you think the two smell similar?

Thank you!

Default Re: Question about "Caron Pour Un Homme"

if they do that wouldnt be good, all these new tide detergents are so synthetic they cause a headache and who knows what else to your lungs

Basenotes Plus
    Post Thanks / Like

Nothing at all alike!!! One would think that the scents would be similar, both having two very straight forward elements like lavender and vanilla, but they are not. I read an article (here or maybe elsewhere?) re. the "lavender" used in Febreze and the consumer research basically indicated that people like the thought of a lavender scent, but do not in actuality like the way real lavender smells. I suppose this holds true for other mass market items, and explains why so many lavender scented items, like the softeners, air fresheners, etc. hardly smell like lavender.

Post Thanks / Like

PuH actually has a very herbal lavender--quite far from the synthetic lavenders that usually smell sweet and nearly foody.
    '...And you'll carry me down on your dancing
    To the pools that you lift on your wrist...'

The "lavender" used in cleaning products smells nothing like the real thing. Caron's lavender, on the other hand smells excellent and very realistic.

Caron Pour un Homme is a great fragrance, no chanse at all that Caron smells lika a detergent, simply it's not possible. Caron contains natural lavanda extract, concentrated lavanda oil to be specific. As so, very plaesant smell, alluring, very warm and clean. No synthetic components at all. From 1934. still kicks ass...

No comparison at all IMO.

Post Thanks / Like

For any closer resemblance between the two, I guess that a stronger barbershop-powdery note of an almost resinous-woody type found in Caron pour un Homme would be necessarily (oddly, I did actually find this note in other detergent products, like 90s and pre-1990 Palmolive household cleaning products, which had a strongly, almost traditionally masculine and yet, at the same time, oddly comforting and powdery aloe vera-cedarwood-resins-even vetiver root-note to them).