Code of Conduct
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    Default Vintage DHI from Fragx

    Hey guys, finally got my second bottle of DHI and wow, I lucked out. I got a bottle with the silver ring and cosmetic check says its from 2007. I'm not sure if all the bottles fragx has is vintage but an interesting possibility for those looking!

    Just thought I'd share.

    Shit guys, I'm sorry. I checked the wrong #

    This is strange. There is no batch code on the bottom of my bottle. What the hell?? I will upload a picture later today.

    It is a silver ring though and it does smell way different than my reformulation.

    Update: So thanks to the help of basenotes members. I guess this could be what's called a grey market bottle so I can't really say 100 percent if it's vintage but I'm almost 100 percent sure it is.

    I own the reformulation and this has noticeable better longevity and projection and also has the silver ring instead of the all black.

    Hope that helps some who may want to try fragrancex for a vintage bottle. Good luck!
    Last edited by Sheppy99; 27th February 2014 at 06:21 PM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Vintage DHI from Fragx

    Nice find! Despite the recent trend of people downplaying the differences in the reformulation I personally get noticeably better performance from my old bottle and like the smell a bit better as well. Out of curiosity did you score the 1.7 or 3.4?
    Current favorites_____Black Tourmaline_____Gucci Pour Homme II_____Memoir Man_____Tuscan Leather______Montale Aoud and Pine_____Sel Marin_____Invasion Barbare_____Tonka Imperial____Dior Homme Intense_____L'Humaniste____Santal 33_____Bois d'Argent_____Nio_____MFK Oud_____Lumiere Noire_____Bois d'Encens_____Cuir Ottoman

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    790

    Default Re: Vintage DHI from Fragx

    Right, but does the silver ring have the letter "F" on it printed anywhere?
    vintage bottles have this F and the actual plastic straw that runs inside the black tube is violet in color.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Vintage DHI from Fragx

    Quote Originally Posted by Jridgen View Post
    Nice find! Despite the recent trend of people downplaying the differences in the reformulation I personally get noticeably better performance from my old bottle and like the smell a bit better as well. Out of curiosity did you score the 1.7 or 3.4?
    It's the 1.7 oz bottle. I have a reformulation too and you're right. This definitely has a different DNA. The opening is much different than the reform. The dry downs are pretty similar but the vintage is a lot more potent than the reform in my opinion.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Vintage DHI from Fragx

    Quote Originally Posted by Attila View Post
    Right, but does the silver ring have the letter "F" on it printed anywhere?
    vintage bottles have this F and the actual plastic straw that runs inside the black tube is violet in color.

    It has the silver ring but I can't seem to find a batch code on the bottom of the bottle. This is strange.....

  6. #6

    Default Re: Vintage DHI from Fragx

    SO things get even weirder..... I just checked a post on basenotes of someone with a vintage bottle and where my batch code SHOULD be, it has been laser etched out? What the hell. I'm 100 percent confident it's real. It was sealed perfectly etc. It looks like it may have come from an Arab country cause it has Arab writing on the box.

    Confused :S

  7. #7

    Default Re: Vintage DHI from Fragx

    I dunno about you guys but when I get stuff that has serial #'s scratched out...... usually means it's stolen

  8. #8

    Default Re: Vintage DHI from Fragx

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheppy99 View Post
    I dunno about you guys but when I get stuff that has serial #'s scratched out...... usually means it's stolen
    Don't worry too much about it. If it smells good, thats all that matters. They are probably testers.

    Temped to cop a bottle of this from FragX myself but its very expensive and no guarantee it will be vintage.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Vintage DHI from Fragx

    Quote Originally Posted by jhericurls View Post
    Don't worry too much about it. If it smells good, thats all that matters. They are probably testers.

    Temped to cop a bottle of this from FragX myself but its very expensive and no guarantee it will be vintage.
    yeah you're probably right. I have the reform too and it smells a lot deeper and more potent than that version but yeah, it doesn't guarantee that whatever they have is all vintage or a mix of the two.

    I'm assuming they got em all from the same spot and they are all probably vintage? but who knows. I'm confident mine is vintage.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Vintage DHI from Fragx

    Quote Originally Posted by Sheppy99 View Post
    I dunno about you guys but when I get stuff that has serial #'s scratched out...... usually means it's stolen
    Many "grey market" sops will etch out the serial number to "hide" the origin of the bottle. It doesn't mean they are not legit. Many posts on this subject FragX is not known for selling fakes, so rest easy and enjoy whatever version you have if you are happy.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Vintage DHI from Fragx

    Quote Originally Posted by Ph8 View Post
    Many "grey market" sops will etch out the serial number to "hide" the origin of the bottle. It doesn't mean they are not legit. Many posts on this subject FragX is not known for selling fakes, so rest easy and enjoy whatever version you have if you are happy.
    Thanks! I really love it. I was really unimpressed by the projection and longevity on the reformulation. I found it very weak but this stuff is like night and day. I mean the reform isn't bad at all if you layer it onto yourself but I sprayed 1 and a half sprays on my sweater today before I went to class 3 hours ago of the vintage juice and I can still smell it plain as day. I needed like 5 sprays with the reform to get that same affect. I usually am pretty light on the trigger when I go to class cause I don't want to choke anyone out. That's never fun.

    Makes me wonder if there's something going on with my reformulation but I've heard others same similar things. I'm so happy to have the vintage! What amazing juice. Just fantastic. Exceeded my expectations.

    I may sell my other bottle on ebay and keep the vintage juice.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Vintage DHI from Fragx

    Is there a bee logo on the inside lid of the reformulation box?


    Also is there a batch number on box of your Fragx version, if so what is it?
    Last edited by jhericurls; 27th February 2014 at 06:57 PM.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Vintage DHI from Fragx

    Quote Originally Posted by jhericurls View Post
    Is there a bee logo on the inside lid of your box?
    No bee logo

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •