Code of Conduct

Question Soft, sweet, yummy/warm perfume rec

I'm looking for a soft, subtle, sweet ( but not sickly sweet ) fragrance for winter.

**I have a very sensitive nose, so I physically can't wear anything too strong, sharp or heavy.**

I also don't like anything syrupy or artificial smelling.

And scents like patchouli, incense, cedar and any lemon makes me physically ill.

I like fragrances that are close to the skin & have good staying power. ( I usu wear/layer with light lotion. )

Some of my favorite floral scents are:

- soft fresh red rose petals (real roses)

- *soft* orchid

- *soft* violet

- *soft* poppies

I would like a soft floral blended with fruit and/or

- soft cocoa or cacao (not dark chocolate, and not anything synthetic smelling).

I also love the smell of

- almonds

- fresh apple

- strawberries

- eggnog

- honeydew (melon)

- red or black currants

( I'm not big on any overwhelmingly vanilla fragrances, generally speaking. )

Usually when I attempt to google my above scents/notes, I get a lot of synthetic and generic blends more appropriate for a girl in junior high or a scented candle.

( I'm in my twenties and want something fairly 'yummy' but also subtle and natural. )

Any specific recommendations?

Default Re: Soft, sweet, yummy/warm perfume rec

Fruits of the Musk by Montale

Guerlain Cuir Beluga
    Hermes Ambre Narguille

Both are very expensive though

Drole de Rose, Mure et Musc, Bois Farine from L'Artisan Parfumeur
    Lys Soleia from Guerlain

Hermes tends to do light and soft scents, both in his regular and in his expensive upmarket line. For instance, in his mainstream line, the various Jardin (apres le mousson, en mediterranee, sur le toit), in his expensive line Ambre narguile, as mentioned above, Rose Ikebana, Iris Ukiyoe, etc.

Guerlain L'Heure Bleue used to be the ultimate light floral almond, but the recent reformulations have changed the balance.

To my nose, the ultimate skin scent is Chanel cuir de Russie (warm light leather), but it is quite expensive.

cacio

Basenotes Plus
    Blog Entries

Aqua di Parma Iris Nobile Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. An iris based fragrance at its prettiest.Iris Nobile is so very feminine and subtle. On the skin it becomes incredibly natural and soothing. This fragrance smells as expensive as it is worth, a delicate and interesting blend of notes which is in no way synthetic or loud. It comes in edt and edp. The Eau de parfum is best.

Anais Anais. What a bright little floral! It is like putting your nose into a bouquet of wildflowers without any of the greenery and "do-dads" that go with those bouquets from the florist. It is an uncomplicated, light & airy affair for those who are young or who are young at heart.
    I'm not OLD...I'm VINTAGE!

Go and try some Afteliers, or Ayala Moriels. I reckon they might be your cup of tea.

In particular I had Roses et Chocolat in mind.

Something is telling me you would bloom in most Van Cleef Arpels private line creations. They are soft, yummy, no harsh notes, mild sillage..

My softest: the already mentioned Bois Farine, Etro Heliotrope, La Traversée du Bosphore- this one is also fruity and gourmand...
    "Your fragrance with a fume of iodine" L. Cohen

I think you might like AdP Colonia Essenza. It's a masculine-marketed scent but I think it has most of the notes that you like and it definitely comes across as a warm, slightly sweet scent that you describe. Definitely worth a try.

Cruel intentions by Kilian starts with some rose notes, then dries down with other soft floral notes + vetiver.

Some thoughts:

Ayala Moriel Film Noir. I know the name doesn't make it sound soft and friendly, but that's how I read it, especially in the drydown.
    Parfumerie Generale Cadjmere - a lightly coconut-scented fuzzy blanket.
    Serge Lutens Daim Blond - comfy fur.
    Hermessence Osmanthe Yunnan - the softest floral I know
    Serge Lutens Douce Amere - comfortingly quiet, bland in a good way, the way that very good white bread is bland. But underneath, quite interesting.
    Boss Woman. Also comfortingly bland, but not particularly interesting. I keep a bottle around anyway.
    LostMarch Lann-ael - milky, nutmeggy, childhood fragrance. It makes me think of being sick in bed as a child, after you're done actually feeling sick, and now you're reveling in being in a warm bed with all your favorite books rather than in school.