Code of Conduct

Default Nassomatto Black Afgano being discontinued?

The home page of Aus Liebe zum Duft opens with a flash that says 'Order one of the last available worldwide flacons of Nassomatto Black Afgano'.

http://www.ausliebezumduft.de/

Sur la Plage

Default Re: Nassomatto Black Afgano being discontinued?

Could be. Most places are out of stock on it.
    Please feel free to check out my Swap Thread - Patou pour Homme, L'Instant de Guerlain PH Extreme, Dior Homme Intense, Pure Malt, Pure Coffee and many more! Click Here For My Swap Thread

Maybe it is being discontinued due to new IFRA restrictions? It seems the Nasomatto scents do tend to overdose certain chemicals.
    ***For sale:

Iris Pallida 50ml

Ungaro I 75ml

and more!
    - http://www.basenotes.net/threads/301...n-Man-and-more

Blog Entries

My rep at Barneys said that they've been trying to reorder it since the first batch immediately sold out and they were told there would probably not be any more available, but that Nassomato said they were still trying...
    Has everyone checked out my Top 100 Blog??

I read somewhere that Nasomatto were having supply problems that were hampering the launch of Nuda. Maybe these issues are effecting others in the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugandaraja View Post
    I read somewhere that Nasomatto were having supply problems that were hampering the launch of Nuda. Maybe these issues are effecting others in the line.
    Nasomatto have a lot of problems at their hands, it seems.
    To begin with they could never fix their leaking bottles. I think they never even bothered.
    I shot them an email twice bringing this issue to their notice (not that they didn't know already I assume) but they didn't even acknowledge the email.

That's too bad, I love Black Afgano, despite leakiness...

It's one of their most popular scents, so I suspect the issue may be due to a certain ingredient...
    CAESAR SEEKS:
    Slumberhouse : Norne
    Parfums d'Empire: Fougére Bengale

CAESAR SWAPS/SELLS:

Does anybody have an update regarding this subject matter?

Nassomatto fragrances seems to be easily available from their usual sellers, but everybody is out of stock on black afghano.

Banned

One of the Luckyscent owners said that they are limited to a certain amount of bottles per year (I want to say 150) and they are all immediately sold out due to backorders. IMHO this is a marketing gimmick to create a false perceived demand around this fragrance. Someone should check on them, they're in their factory snacking on brownies..

Quote Originally Posted by teger View Post
    One of the Luckyscent owners said that they are limited to a certain amount of bottles per year (I want to say 150) and they are all immediately sold out due to backorders. IMHO this is a marketing gimmick to create a false perceived demand around this fragrance. Someone should check on them, they're in their factory snacking on brownies..
    Meh, following creeds steps in their exclusive ultra limited edition releases?

That would be horribly disappointing.

Pretty sure its not discontinued.. Its hard to come by but ebay has some.

I was informed by my Barneys SA that because of the hashish used in BA, Nassomatto only makes 1000 bottles a year for distribution. Once those are gone....its over Johnny, until next year :-)

If anyone wants this, Liberty in London always have it in stock.

Fill your boots, because I won't be buying any.
    In a world where people smell bad, it is the personal responsibility of every Basenoter to improve the world one SotD at a time...

Well that's interesting.

I know someone who sold a bottle for $500 of this thing...another fragrance with a hype I simply do not understand. It seems this "once it's gone IT IS gone" marketing strategy is doing wonders lately, with pure malt, DHI and now this.

They do only make a limited number of bottles (not sure on the exact number, someone here said 1000) but I do know they only ship out to distributors twice a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Frunkinator View Post
    I was informed by my Barneys SA that because of the hashish used in BA, Nassomatto only makes 1000 bottles a year for distribution. Once those are gone....its over Johnny, until next year :-)
    People actually believe the hash gimmick is real? This is a straight up linear oud/tobacco scent that is quite stinky. I don't know of one single person who owns or even likes this scent. At the price point it sells for, I can't imagine the demand is all too high for it. If anything, the strikingly negative reviews toward it that can be easily reviewed with a simple Google search would lead me to believe the risque marketing campaign failed to save this poorly designed fragrance and now it's being ushered out. I'm not a Nasomatto fan in the first place, but Black Afgano seemed a little too hokey and the references to "smuggled ingredients" and what not was a bit corny. And as someone familiar with hash, I must say Black Afgano had zero similarity whatsoever. Nowhere remotely close.

Black Afgano is a cluttered mess. I love it.

Anyways, I've looked around and haven't seen any 'official' statement saying BA is discontinued, so I'm not jumping to any conclusions just yet.

I personally think it's deliberately in limited production/distribution - not because of material scarcity, ridiculous smuggled ingredients, etc. IMO, Nasomatto themselves are well aware of BA's "cult status." (whatever that means) Either that, or all this hype and fear of it being discontinued is boosting sales, making people hoard it.

Of course, these are all assumptions... we'd just have to keep guessing. I know a lot of people who will miss it, and many who won't.

Quote Originally Posted by gupts View Post
    Nasomatto have a lot of problems at their hands, it seems.
    To begin with they could never fix their leaking bottles. I think they never even bothered.
    I shot them an email twice bringing this issue to their notice (not that they didn't know already I assume) but they didn't even acknowledge the email.
    You got that right. I really like the line, but won't buy them until the bottle issue is addressed.

Regards,
    Steve

Sur la Plage

Quote Originally Posted by flouris View Post
    People actually believe the hash gimmick is real? This is a straight up linear oud/tobacco scent that is quite stinky. I don't know of one single person who owns or even likes this scent. At the price point it sells for, I can't imagine the demand is all too high for it. If anything, the strikingly negative reviews toward it that can be easily reviewed with a simple Google search would lead me to believe the risque marketing campaign failed to save this poorly designed fragrance and now it's being ushered out. I'm not a Nasomatto fan in the first place, but Black Afgano seemed a little too hokey and the references to "smuggled ingredients" and what not was a bit corny. And as someone familiar with hash, I must say Black Afgano had zero similarity whatsoever. Nowhere remotely close.
    I really like it - so there's at least one.

I always see plenty of them for sale in Vienna.... so, I am not the only one disliking it.

Quote Originally Posted by petruccijc View Post
    I really like it - so there's at least one.
    I think the scent is sexy. I'm purchasing my bottle Wednesday unless it's on backorder by that time.

maybe they want to launch Freebase pour homme! LOL

^ hah

Still available via their website http://www.nasomatto.com/store/7-black-afgano .