Code of Conduct

Default Unknown Alfred Dunhill Cologne

Is this Dunhill Cologne the same as Dunhill for men (Classic) or "Dunhill London Cologne" (1973)?
    Attached Images Attached Images

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Default Re: Unknown Alfred Dunhill Cologne

From Perfume Intelligence site: Dunhill Cologne Alfred Dunhill Ltd In association with SIRPEA

Could it be this one? No date listed though
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

Yes, it could be Dunhill Cologne Alfred Dunhill Ltd In association with SIRPEA.

Who know this exotic animal? I dont find any informations for this cologne yet.

DON'T DRINK AND DRESS

Blog Entries

Below is a link to a photo of the Mary Dunhill Shop area, probably from the 50's. She was responsible for Dunhill's first men's cologne. I would bet your bottle is on one of the shelves! Use the 'enlarge' click when viewing the pic from the link to see more detail, or use your Operating System's magnifyer (should be in 'Accessories' or similar place)

http://www.allposters.co.uk/gallery....=PD&c=c&page=1

Last edited by kbe; 7th September 2010 at 01:47 AM.
    Our job is to live joyfully in this world of sorrows--Joseph Campbell

London Cologne (1973) is not the same as Dunhill Cologne For Men (1934) also known as Dunhill Classic Cologne.

I'm not familiar with the picture in the original post, but would surmise that it's an alternate packaging for the 1934 fragrance that was used at some point over the years.

vita odorifera
    Blog Entries

It is the 1934 Cologne in the packaging of a period. My grandfather had an almost empty splash bottle like the one in the picture.
    ointments and perfume delight the heart....

#BBOG!

Quote Originally Posted by StewartGallacher View Post
    ..., but would surmise that it's an alternate packaging for the 1934 fragrance that was used at some point over the years.
    Thanks. I guess, it's the oldest version of 1934 Dunhill for men too :-).
    Last edited by noodles; 6th September 2010 at 06:13 PM. Reason: add thanks :-)

Frag is not fresh :-) , but there are similarities with my "fresh" Dunhill formen Cologne . Definitely.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm confused about this. I ordered what I thought was Dunhill '34 from TPC a few weeks ago. The color of the juice was not the same from what I remember. It actually resembles this one posted below. The label on my atomizer says Dunhill Cologne EDT.

I'm bringing this up because I sprayed this on tonight and noticed the juice. It's actually quite pleasant, but I can't find any info on it besides the BN directory with no reviews. It's listed as a 2003 release date. What the hell is this! I wouldnt mind a full bottle in the future.

Old thread, this, but I recently bought a 3/4 full bottle identical to the one in the OP. Beautiful stuff, and far longer lasting than the reformulation. The juice is also much darker than the current version. I've got a bottle of aftershave in similar packaging on the way as well, along with an almost full 8oz bottle of Blend 30 aftershave tonic. I'm well-stocked for years to come, God-willing.

Quote Originally Posted by mohamed1 View Post
    Old thread, this, but I recently bought a 3/4 full bottle identical to the one in the OP. Beautiful stuff, and far longer lasting than the reformulation. The juice is also much darker than the current version. I've got a bottle of aftershave in similar packaging on the way as well, along with an almost full 8oz bottle of Blend 30 aftershave tonic. I'm well-stocked for years to come, God-willing.
    Lucky you!

I recently obtained a bottle that is the same as is pictured in the first post. It is not that close to my new bottle of the "1934" frag, which is aromatic/citrusy and dry. The one pictured is more of an oriental, with strong animalic, powdery, and syrupy/amber qualities. The top notes may be mostly gone but the drydown is stronger than "1934" by a wide margin, from what I remember of my last wearing of "1934." It's somewhat similar to Guess for Men (the one from around 1990), for example.