Code of Conduct

Default Bond No 9 - frequency of deluxe sample mailings?

After reading the NY Musk thread, I've noticed many of you have received a free sample.
    For those of you who are Insider Membership Club members, how often have you been sent deluxe samples?

I mailed the card back soon after I bought my bottle of Riverside Drive back in '03 or '04.
    Since then I have received deluxe samples of Hamptons, Bleecker Street, Saks for Him, West Side, Bond Signature and Brooklyn.

I think (hope) I'm due for one this time around.
    I'm dying to try Manhattan and NY Musk. Especially Manhattan.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Default Re: Bond No 9 - frequency of deluxe sample mailings?

I sent back my card in March of this year and the only deluxe sample I have received is Manhattan about 1 month ago. Between my wife and I, I think we have sent in 4 cards, so it doesn't look like the deluxe samples come all that frequently. Thankfully the Bond reps where I live are awesome and they hook me up with lots of samples all the time. They gave me 4 samples of NY Musk on Friday.

Blog Entries

I don't know if I'm a club member, but I've been buying bottles occasionally over the years. I think I've gotten larger samples of Brooklyn, Signature Perfume, and now New York Musk. There might have been another big one in there. I've gotten lots of smaller samples here and there, but mostly from my local Bond reps. Got a TON of great samples when I visited the boutique on Bond St., and I'm proud to say that I passed them all on to my fellow BNers, until I had almost none left!

Manhattan and NY Musk, as well as the I<3NY fragrances, have finally brought Bond back into a place where I tend to like their stuff reliably. The Andy Warhol days and the Oudesville days were not good ones for me. After Brooklyn, I was basically twiddling my thumbs until that Swarovski Harrods Oud landed. Now, I'm kinda having to decide which one to go for. I really love the complexity of Manhattan, but there's something about this NY Musk that I cannot shake.

Thanks for the replies so far.

I really wish I lived closer to NYC so I could just stop in and sample what I want.
    Unfortunately I live five hours (north of Syracuse) away. No place around here carries Bond 9 or any niche fragrances for that matter.

A few months ago a Saks Off 5th opened in Destiny USA. I was hoping to see Bond 9 and other niche scents finally make an appearance around here. Boy was I ever disappointed. They had this puny corner area with a small selection of designer crap! I was not impressed at all. My local Lord & Taylor and Macy's puts Saks to shame. Oh well.
    "You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." - Ayn Rand

"I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical...It is a medicine necessary for the sound health of government." - Thomas Jefferson

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
    Thanks for the replies so far.

I really wish I lived closer to NYC so I could just stop in and sample what I want.
    Unfortunately I live five hours (north of Syracuse) away. No place around here carries Bond 9 or any niche fragrances for that matter.

A few months ago a Saks Off 5th opened in Destiny USA. I was hoping to see Bond 9 and other niche scents finally make an appearance around here. Boy was I ever disappointed. They had this puny corner area with a small selection of designer crap! I was not impressed at all. My local Lord & Taylor and Macy's puts Saks to shame. Oh well.
    I'll be dropping into our Saks on Thankgiving weekend. I'll see if I can pick up a pair of these two latest samples for you. I know how it feels in upstate - pretty damned isolated.

Hopefully they'll send you a sample soon. They seem to be streaming these things out over a fair amount of time, but still in time for Black Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Redneck Perfumisto View Post
    I'll be dropping into our Saks on Thankgiving weekend. I'll see if I can pick up a pair of these two latest samples for you. I know how it feels in upstate - pretty damned isolated.

Hopefully they'll send you a sample soon. They seem to be streaming these things out over a fair amount of time, but still in time for Black Friday.
    LOL. You can say that again.

Wow! Thanks for the offer.
    That just made my day.

Blog Entries

^ No problem! Glad to spread a little holiday joy juice where it's most needed!

I have sent in six cards in the last two years and have never received a single sample from them
    . Pathetic club.
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

I think I ordered my first fragrances (samples) from them back in March or April, and I get plenty of samples in the mail as well as phone calls from reps informing me of exclusive offers they have.

- - - Updated - - -

I think I ordered my first fragrances (samples) from them back in March or April, and I get plenty of samples in the mail as well as phone calls from reps informing me of exclusive offers they have.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Akahina View Post
    I have sent in six cards in the last two years and have never received a single sample from them
    . Pathetic club.
    WHOA!

. Pathetic club.
    Pathetic indeed.
    I guess I should feel blessed.

They seemed to have been much more pro active in the past.
    If they cannot keep up with volume, perhaps they should discontinue this "service".

I hope I don't sound like a spoiled brat or someone who wants to get something for nothing. That is not the case at all.
    I just think customer service is very important. They should say what they mean and mean what they say.

To their credit, I always admired them for giving away such large samples. Decants really.
    Not many other companys do that. In fact, I can't think of another one who does (did).

- - - Updated - - -

I spoke too soon.
    Last Wednesday I received a sample of NY Musk from Bond 9.
    I take back what I said about their customer service.

As for NY Musk, I think it's good. Definitely better than many of their recent fragrances.
    I'm not sure yet if it's full bottle worthy, but so far, so good.

Blog Entries

Funny thing, I don't even like Bn9 (with the exception of NY Amber which I am addicted to!) and they send me samples every few months. Out of the blue a card of 3 bon bons shows up in my mailbox. I have also received phone calls from reps walking me through my likes and dislikes. The only thing I ever bought from them was a set of bon bon samples for $18 a while back, but I ended up on their radar. I just received NY Musk, Harrods Amber, and NY Oud bon bons today in the mail!!! I don't like musk as a rule, but this did smell nice...(not a full bottle nice though)
    For Sale: VINTAGE Montales

. Pathetic club.

Still a pathetic club and I have sent in a lot of cards. I got one larger decant, NY Musk as I remember. I really don't like it at all but got one. Maybe on my birthday? Not holding my breath...
    Some Favorites
    1. Amouage Epic man
    2. Dior Leather Oud
    3. Perris Monte Carlo Oud Imperial Black
    4. Le Labo Patchouli 24
    5. Amouage Opus VII
    6. Byredo Bullion
    7. Norma Kamali Incense

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.