Code of Conduct

Default Montale Full Incense/CdG Avignon/Incense Pure by Sonoma Scent Studio

I'm looking for the longest lasting of the three...doesn't have to be some projection monster. I only have experience with CdG Avignon and Montale FI, and the Montale fragrance clearly lasts longer and is "stronger" than the CdG counterpart. I have read positive reviews of the Sonoma offering, but have yet to sample it.

Just looking for a friendly suggestion, or someone to point me in the right direction.

Thanks all!

Default Re: Montale Full Incense/CdG Avignon/Incense Pure by Sonoma Scent Studio

I much prefer the CDG offering out of the three. I wouldnt even bother with Incense Pure as it is kind of crude and unfinished. Montale is way to potent for this genre of scent. I think a good churchy incense type frag really needs subtlety and restraint just like any good catholic will tell you(myself included). Also give Cardinal by Heeley a try, its worth a sniff and IMO tied with Avignon. Peace be with you. And also with you. Let us offer each other a sign of peace. (shake hands)

Default Re: Montale Full Incense/CdG Avignon/Incense Pure by Sonoma Scent Studio

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. TL View Post
    I'm looking for the longest lasting of the three.

Thanks all!
    Of the 3 Montale Full Incense. If you want very long lasting incense try Bond no 9 Silver Factory.

Quote Originally Posted by FullCollapse View Post
    Montale is way to potent for this genre of scent.
    Strangely enough, after years of wearing CdG and barely nobody noticing...the first day of wearing Montale I got several positive compliments. I'm not saying I simply wear a fragrance to garner praise, but it's nice to know my scent is being appreciated (or even detected) by people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JiveHippo View Post
    Of the 3 Montale Full Incense. If you want very long lasting incense try Bond no 9 Silver Factory.
    I'm open to try new things, I'll try and search out a sample. I'm not down to blind-buy after a few of the off-center recommendations I've seen on this forum (no offense).

Full Incense would be my pick of those mentioned.

Only tried the CdG & the Montale, to me they smell nearly identical with the Montale being stronger (I'm not sure if it caused by my bottle being extra concentration). To me they're pretty much one note like soliflore. I think Cardinal by Heeley, as mentioned above, is much better because it is more complex and has more things going

If anyone knows of a reputable source for the Montale fragrance under $160, I'd appreciate the heads up.

^ Try ThePerfumeShoppe.com or eBay.

Sorry to hijack the thread but does Full Incense smell like Silver Factory or is Silver Factory just a longer lasting Incense fragrance.
    The Large Print Giveth And The Small Print Taketh Away

^ Try ThePerfumeShoppe.com or eBay.
    there is only one bottle up...for $160.

If I can suggest a 4th frag, try "Casbah" by Robert Piguet. It lasts for >18 hrs, and everyone will ask you: "What's this Church smell?"

Parfum1 has Montale Full Incense and they regularly have coupons... Get on their mailing list. I just ordered Full Incense for $128 no tax, no shipping (if you live in US outside NY).

FI is not available on their site. You must have purchased the last bottle...

FI is not available on their site. You must have purchased the last bottle...
    Don't worry, they restock pretty regularly. I bought their last bottle of Aoud Cuir d'Arabie some time ago and it was restocked within a week or two.
    Current top 10:

1. L'Artisan Dzing!
    2. Lorenzo Villoresi Yerbamate
    3. Guerlain Bois d'Armenie
    4. L'Artisan Al Oudh
    5. Bond No. 9 Andy Warhol Silver Factory
    6. Parfumerie Generale Bois Blond
    7. Andy Tauer L'Air du Desert Marocain
    8. Guerlain Derby
    9. Geo F Trumper Eucris
    10. Parfum d'Empire Ambre Russe

Frag Bomb Squadron XVII

SSS Incense Pure is 'kinda crude and unfinished'? Lol. Well that's just one perspective I suppose. It really depends on what the OP is looking for in an incense fragrance, doesn't it? If you're after a straight up lemony-resiny unadulterated style of frankincense, try the Sonoma. If you prefer more complexity, perhaps try the Montale. Bear in mind the Sonoma is closer to extrait in terms of concentration (iirc) so it could potentially last longer.
    Last edited by Diamondflame; 2nd December 2012 at 01:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondflame View Post
    SSS Incense Pure is 'kinda crude and unfinished'? Lol. Well that's just one perspective perspective I suppose. It really depends on what the OP is looking for in an incense fragrance, doesn't it? If you're after a straight up lemony-resiny unadulterated style of frankincense, try the Sonoma. If you prefer more complexity, perhaps try the Montale.

All depends on perspective, indeed.
    I've owned the Montale, and currently own the SSS and CdG. Of these three, I completely prefer Incense Pure. It is extrait strength and most assuredly lasts ALL day. I love it. I'd also try the SSS Sienna Musk, as a incense-y and drier version of Jubilation XXV.

Of those you listed my pick would definitely be CDG Avignon.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here

Quote Originally Posted by Oaksbluff View Post
    Of these three, I completely prefer Incense Pure. It is extrait strength and most assuredly lasts ALL day. I love it. I'd also try the SSS Sienna Musk, as a incense-y and drier version of Jubilation XXV.
    Thanks for the input. I'd say SSS is worth a try simply based on the positive reviews.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by alfarom View Post
    Of those you listed my pick would definitely be CDG Avignon.
    I currently own Avignon and have been wearing it for years. It last perhaps two hours on my skin.

I currently own Avignon and have been wearing it for years. It last perhaps two hours on my skin.
    Bizarre...It lasts ages on mine.

Discover my Guest Reviewer Of The Day here