Code of Conduct

Default Do you use less perfume from a splash bottle vs. the stock atomizer?

So I have a fragrance that I LOVE, but it's close to $100 a bottle. I wear 4 sprays (ears/neck and inside each elbow.) The atomizer on the bottle sprays HARD- I think I might go through the bottle pretty quickly, and there's no way to make it spray less. (I tried wearing less sprays but I'm not happy with the result. I love this scent and want to be able to smell it myself! It's the location that's important to me, not necessarily the amount that ends up there, so if I were to use less at each point I think I'd still be happy with the result.) When I spray it close to my skin, it actually runs, that's how much comes out.

I'm wondering if I were to decant it into a splash-type bottle, if I would use less over time and my bottle would last longer?

Basenotes Plus

Default Re: Do you use less perfume from a splash bottle vs. the stock atomizer?

Not a big fan of splash myself. If it sprays too much, you can always decant into a smaller atomizer, which most likely will spray less.

Dsquared2

Default Re: Do you use less perfume from a splash bottle vs. the stock atomizer?

I hate it when one sprays and the juice starts to drip along your neck...

Try transferring it into another atomizer

Quote Originally Posted by whitelight View Post
    Try transferring it into another atomizer
    A better idea.

I believe that do I use less from a splash bottle--I think that your scheme is worth trying. And, a pretty stopper bottle also makes application more fun, IMO. Accessories for Fragrances has one ounce glass "apothecary bottles" that I think are very pretty, and not too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by ChickenFreak View Post
    I believe that do I use less from a splash bottle--I think that your scheme is worth trying. And, a pretty stopper bottle also makes application more fun, IMO. Accessories for Fragrances has one ounce glass "apothecary bottles" that I think are very pretty, and not too expensive.
    I love pretty stopper bottles!!!

OK, I also want a few crystal bottles...I have an ulterior motive (besides saving money which is a darn good motive.)

I have a tiny spray from Nordstroms (one of their samples) and it sprays pretty much too.

I'll see how long my little 1ml sample vial lasts me with regular use, should give me an idea of how much I'll use with a splash bottle.

ETA: Chickenfreak I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds splash bottles to be more appealing (even if just for aesthetics!) I have a few perfumes that I prefer to apply by spraying on a cotton ball first...sprayers annoy me sometimes because I feel like I don't have much control over the amount.